Anticipation 2009 (Montreal Worldcon)

Kat

Take goot notes. Tell MG to take good notes. :)

When I booked the plane tickets MG complained that we wheren't leaving Monday morning, I bet he's not complaining now.

Lany I will do my best to take comprehensive notes, but I make no promises I'll be able to read them afterwards.

GRRM isn't doing his reading at Worldcon until 3 PM on Monday August 10.

:mad:

That time slot is completely rotten. :thumbsdown:

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm praying hard for a schedule change. Any chance that the programming gods will show some mercy?

Good notes are great, but just not the same... :(

...but i already bought the train ticket for monday. so sad.

Scott: I think it is worth a try to PM Parris. She and George are generally level headed and will hopefully hear our pleas.

I should be having lunch with George on Thursday, August 6th. If you guys are not able to be at the reading, I could ask him if he'd agree to post the excerpt on the Hotlist, but somehow I don't see that happening. . .

Patrick

I could ask him if he'd agree to post the excerpt on the Hotlist, but somehow I don't see that happening.

Thus, I wouldn't ask him myself. GRRM has his own excerpts section on his website if he wants to put anything up. He has always made it clear that readings don't go online otherwise.

We'll all see him at the con anyhow. So access isn't an issue.

Good notes are great, but just not the same... :(

...but i already bought the train ticket for monday. so sad.

I'll be on the train with you Monday.

Do you still have my cell number?

Might be nice if we could tell you which car we are in on the trip up so you can join us. I will save you a seat. :)

Might be nice if we could tell you which car we are in on the trip up so you can join us. I will save you a seat. :)

When we took the NYC->Montreal Amtrak trip a couple years ago, everyone going to Montreal had to jam into the first two cars on our way out of NYC. We stood for the first hour, sat in different seats for the next hour, and eventually sat together after Albany.

None of this means that things haven't changed on Amtrak, but I'd guess there's a good chance all of you will be up near the front.

When we took the NYC->Montreal Amtrak trip a couple years ago, everyone going to Montreal had to jam into the first two cars on our way out of NYC. We stood for the first hour, sat in different seats for the next hour, and eventually sat together after Albany.

None of this means that things haven't changed on Amtrak, but I'd guess there's a good chance all of you will be up near the front.

:eek: that really sucks. Hopefully it won't be that bad. *crossed fingers* :P

:eek: that really sucks. Hopefully it won't be that bad. *crossed fingers* :P

so long as your number has not changed in two years i still have it. (i also have Mr. X and Stego's) i'm getting on in Albany so i'll give you a call then, though the train can't be that big, y'all should be easy enough to spot.

don't forget your stuffed animals, folks

Stuffed Animal/Service Animal Badges

You may purchase a badge for your service animal, or for an inanimate teddy bear, robot, or dragon. Just come to

Registration during open hours, fill out a registration form and pay the $5 fee. We are happy to do this in almost all cases, but

reserve the right to decline a request, if for some reason we deem it necessary

oh, and the draft programme is out

http://www.anticipationsf.ca/English/Programming

don't forget your stuffed animals, folks

oh, and the draft programme is out

http://www.anticipationsf.ca/English/Programming

That is awesome. I am bringing my raven.

so long as your number has not changed in two years i still have it. (i also have Mr. X and Stego's) i'm getting on in Albany so i'll give you a call then, though the train can't be that big, y'all should be easy enough to spot.

It is still the same :)

Hey, I'm on a panel with George! :cheers:

Thursday, 12:30 -- The Werewolves of Brigadoon.

The appropriation of Scotland, Ireland and

Wales as lands of “Celtic fantasy†by North

American authors whose Celtic experiences

appear to begin with Sir Walter Scott,

travel through Brigadoon, and conclude

with bad Hollywood movies

Archived