Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kat

Anticipation 2009 (Montreal Worldcon)

Mich,

VIA doesn't run the subways, does it?

No Scot. VIA Rail is just the long distance train service in Canada. Subways and local trains are run by separate companies.

Bollocks! This could prove interesting...

Sending you a message on FB :)

It's a different company I think. They might use the same tracks though or something like that.

At this time, Adirondack Trains 68 and 69 (operating between New York and Montreal, Quebec) and Amtrak Cascades Trains 510 and 517 (operating between Seattle and Vancouver, B.C.) will not be affected by the strike and will operate according to the published schedules.

Linky

No worries *laughs* I'm panic attacking... I was taking VIA to Montreal. Now I'll probably have to drive :tantrum:

They are the main long distance train here though. I'm hoping the strike won't last very long... hopefully less than *checks calendar* 13 days :unsure:

I hope the strike will be over long before the con. Sorry if I was not showing concern for the more local people. :grouphug: maybe you could carshare with other Canadians going to the Con? -I am not sure how far away you are.

I can't imaginge a several day rail strike over int he UK we have one or 2 day strikes (but repeated several times) those are disrutive enough.

There's always the Greyhound buses. . .

Patrick

There's always the Greyhound buses. . .

Patrick

Gods. They don't have a shuttle service that goes from the airport to the damn hotel directly? Frack.

Anybody else getting in around 2PM Wednesday wanna share a cab?