ERepublik 2

Bormon

[quote name='Guy Kilmore' post='1493837' date='Aug 25 2008, 13.06']I agree, the smaller party makes sense, but we should move as a group to take one or the other. I am game for either. (I like the smaller party because we can easily tailor it to fit our motives or whatever without rocking too many waves.)

We also have some political strength because of the lock we have on the Salem area. We control enough of the population to win the Mayoral seat and the Congressional Seat.[/quote]

We can also branch out a bit and the new party pres can put our people up for more mayoral seats and congressional seats.

The hispanic party would be a sure thing to takeover and we can tailor the party to whatever ideals we want.

Im holding on Thailand at the moment seeing as how the Goons are possibly moving in.

YW

[quote name='Bormon' post='1493839' date='Aug 25 2008, 12.07']Since you have done it already, how do you run for a local election? Its not an option for me in the party I am in now. I read on the wiki, that you had to be in one of the top five parties to run, but I don't know if that was accurate, or if it only applied to national elections.[/quote]
I believe the Party President selects who was going to run for what where. If that all makes sense.

(Editted: For Party Notoriety we only need someone to snag that congressional seat, it gets us on the main politics page.)

[quote name='Guy Kilmore' post='1493847' date='Aug 25 2008, 13.12']I believe the Party President selects who was going to run for what where. If that all makes sense.

(Editted: For Party Notoriety we only need someone to snag that congressional seat, it gets us on the main politics page.)[/quote]

Works for me then.....

The only other thing I would suggest would be to "break down" the 3 potential political positions here between 3 people. It looks better that way. Who it is, I don't really care.

ETA: I am wrong on one thing. I was reading through the website and some various old news articles. Unless we are a top 5 party we won't be able to have a congressional seat. We can have a Mayor and a Party President.

I joined the Spanish(?) party.

I'm not sure how much value having control of a party actually is unless there is a greater weight of numbers behind the party, which would surely be easier in a country with smaller overall total population. Which is why I thought we were going to Thailand.

Oh well. I still have my moving ticket ready and waiting.

Can anyone tell me what this party currently stands for? I don't speak any Spanish(?) and for all I know it could be a party praising the worthiness of yeards for menfolk.

[quote name='The Man Who' post='1494761' date='Aug 26 2008, 02.29']I joined the Spanish(?) party.

I'm not sure how much value having control of a party actually is unless there is a greater weight of numbers behind the party, which would surely be easier in a country with smaller overall total population. Which is why I thought we were going to Thailand.

Oh well. I still have my moving ticket ready and waiting.

Can anyone tell me what this party currently stands for? I don't speak any Spanish(?) and for all I know it could be a party praising the worthiness of yeards for menfolk.[/quote]
Thailand is on hold for a second. If you have been following the "ePanic" the "Goons" were going to take over Mexico, but with Spain attacking that plan is Debunk. In the forums and some of the comments of published newspapers Thailand was choice number 2.

Now I really could care less about what the Goons are doing, but if we are in Thailand and they go there then we get caught up in all that stuff.

Plan B is to wait to see what happens and to consolidate power in the U.S. There is a large enough group of us in Salem to keep control of the area. As people move there and what not we can pull them into our Party.

I am not sure what good can come of controlling a party, it would be interesting to try and see what we could build and how we can use it as a tool. If we find out it does really nothing for us, well we can always go back to our respective parties; if we find some gain then it is good that we have done it.

I also imagine once we get that lock in Salem going, we can extend ourselves out to other US States with a lower population and exert the same kind of "control" we have in Salem.

As with their Platform, I believe it is something about bringing spanish speakers into the US or something, we can change that once we gain control.

[quote name='Guy Kilmore' post='1494976' date='Aug 26 2008, 09.02']Thailand is on hold for a second. If you have been following the "ePanic" the "Goons" were going to take over Mexico, but with Spain attacking that plan is Debunk. In the forums and some of the comments of published newspapers Thailand was choice number 2.

Now I really could care less about what the Goons are doing, but if we are in Thailand and they go there then we get caught up in all that stuff.

Plan B is to wait to see what happens and to consolidate power in the U.S. There is a large enough group of us in Salem to keep control of the area. As people move there and what not we can pull them into our Party.

I am not sure what good can come of controlling a party, it would be interesting to try and see what we could build and how we can use it as a tool. If we find out it does really nothing for us, well we can always go back to our respective parties; if we find some gain then it is good that we have done it.

I also imagine once we get that lock in Salem going, we can extend ourselves out to other US States with a lower population and exert the same kind of "control" we have in Salem.

As with their Platform, I believe it is something about bringing spanish speakers into the US or something, we can change that once we gain control.[/quote]

See thats why I was thinking of trying to take control of a larger party. We don't have to be a homogenous group, but just a large enough group within the party to control the party. That doesn't mean that we can't make this "spanish" party into that. It just means we will have to recruit a bit harder.

[quote name='Bormon' post='1495030' date='Aug 26 2008, 09.47']See thats why I was thinking of trying to take control of a larger party. We don't have to be a homogenous group, but just a large enough group within the party to control the party. That doesn't mean that we can't make this "spanish" party into that. It just means we will have to recruit a bit harder.[/quote]

Its not a big deal. Ive already started recruiting and the main thing Id like to try is sending a few of you to other cities to run for mayor.

That will get us some name recognition and allow us to grow even larger. Ive already begun recruiting outside our forums.

YW

[quote name='Bormon' post='1495030' date='Aug 26 2008, 08.47']See thats why I was thinking of trying to take control of a larger party. We don't have to be a homogenous group, but just a large enough group within the party to control the party. That doesn't mean that we can't make this "spanish" party into that. It just means we will have to recruit a bit harder.[/quote]
I can see the benefits of either and we really don't need to make a strong decision until party elections come up. The only thing about snagging a larger party is if we have to battle the inertia from existing members with a divergent agenda. With the smaller we have to recruit, but we at least know that agendas are on the same path.

(Again though, the only thing wasted is time, we can jump from one plan and go to another fairly easily, the only thing that really matters is that we move as a group.)

[quote name='Harlot' post='1496457' date='Aug 27 2008, 07.44']The eHousing market is crashing and my salary just got slashed by about 50%. Dammit! :tantrum:[/quote]
The President came out and basically stated that the cost of housing is way to high per production point. My guess is that the companies he owns and those allied with him are going to start dropping housing prices.

[quote name='Statler/Waldorf' post='1496503' date='Aug 27 2008, 08.19']Got a job, but can't figure out how to go to work. Give a brother a hand here, yo.[/quote]
Go to the ecnomics drop down menue and go to the Company you work for under "Your Company". When you click on that the screen will reload and you should get a menue that gives you an option to work. It reloads again and you click "work" and there ya go. You get some money and lose some wellness.

Harlot,
Yeah, my wife is ticked too, she just bought one yesterday before the article came out. I was lucky, I was able to by foreign and the Canadian market for house is much cheaper than ours.

[quote name='Guy Kilmore' post='1496517' date='Aug 27 2008, 09.28']Harlot,
Yeah, my wife is ticked too, she just bought one yesterday before the article came out. I was lucky, I was able to by foreign and the Canadian market for house is much cheaper than ours.[/quote]

I can't really complain tho, cos I did buy a Canadian Q3 house on the US Market for about 1/2 what the US companies were asking.

Statler/Waldorf - what's your eRep name? Are we friends? Sorry, between local politics in Columbus and my Army squad I've got a lot of new friends so I'm having a hard time keeping track of who is who.

[quote name='Harlot' post='1496691' date='Aug 27 2008, 11.21']Statler/Waldorf - what's your eRep name? Are we friends? Sorry, between local politics in Columbus and my Army squad I've got a lot of new friends so I'm having a hard time keeping track of who is who.[/quote]

Well, well...look at Mr Social Butterfly who's too good for his boring old ASOIAF friends now. :P

Archived