Mafia 56.5 - Cleon the Butcher wants to play a game...

House Targaryen

[quote name='House Merlyn' post='1504204' date='Sep 3 2008, 14.24']You’re a very reasonable person Marbrand. If Tallhart is the the StormCrow’s Vig and we lynch him, Ryyker heals me and Drumm heals you, we kill Cockshaw and Pommy and eliminate the StormCrows.

Tomorrow it is a tie and points will decide the game. If Cockshaw is the vig, it is more likely my team will be targeted since I have gone after the StormCrows the harderst and tomorrow your team wins.

Your odds of winning are best if you work with me.[/quote]
Well, since I know that Drumm is an FM I am obliged to take him out.

[quote name='House Marbrand' post='1504257' date='Sep 3 2008, 09.35']Well, since I know that Drumm is an FM I am obliged to take him out.[/quote]

Bullshit and you know it. First Drumm is not an FM and second, the FM killed last night, the vigs kill tonight. Tallhart, You and I are the Vigs.

The only thing you are [i]obliged[/i] to do is give your team the best chance of winning.

[quote name='House Merlyn' post='1504295' date='Sep 3 2008, 09.56']Bullshit and you know it. First Drumm is not an FM and second, the FM killed last night, the vigs kill tonight. Tallhart, You and I are the Vigs.

The only thing you are [i]obliged[/i] to do is give your team the best chance of winning.[/quote]

You're so slimy Merlyn...

Does anyone really want to win with this guy? Can't we just lynch win?

If you believe his claim it's even a tactically sound maneuver.

[quote name='House Marbrand' post='1504194' date='Sep 3 2008, 14.01']Wait, so Drumm knew that you are a vig, but he still did not understand why Tallhart's comment about the vig was proof that Tallhart is a symp?[/quote]I still don't understand this. Worse, it's my knowing Merlin's role was what made me quite sceptical about Tallhart's claim. Two vigs? Four vigs?!!@
Sorry, but if my role letter contained exact statement that all teams had same roles, I somehow managed to miss this. I thought each role is unique.
*went to reread*

[quote name='House Drumm' post='1504409' date='Sep 3 2008, 17.10']I still don't understand this. Worse, it's my knowing Merlin's role was what made me quite sceptical about Tallhart's claim. Two vigs? Four vigs?!!@
Sorry, but if my role letter contained exact statement that all teams had same roles, I somehow managed to miss this. I thought each role is unique.
*went to reread*[/quote]
I agree that having four vigs seems too much at first sight, but then some of the vigs should be already dead at the beginning of night 2. Rykker had the idea that the FM might be vig-BP, so in combination with the healers a lot of kills would go amiss.

That's also why we considered the FM as a bigger threat than the vigs.

[quote name='House Pommingham' post='1504392' date='Sep 3 2008, 10.59']You're so slimy Merlyn...

If you believe his claim it's even a tactically sound maneuver.[/quote]

I am not slimey. The point is to try and win, and that is what I am doing. Sorry if I left you out. Yesterday I liked Marbrand, so I offered him a deal. I like him less today :P

Do you [i]really[/i] think my lynch is the best option? :smug:

[quote name='House Pommingham' post='1504392' date='Sep 3 2008, 09.59']You're so slimy Merlyn...

If you believe his claim it's even a tactically sound maneuver.[/quote]

If you dislike Merlyn so much, then why aren't you voting for him?

[quote name='House Rykker' post='1504513' date='Sep 3 2008, 12.15']Okay, obviously 2 teams are going to have to team up together to get something done. So lets make it happen.

Marbrand still wants to vote for [b]Drumm[/b], so thats where I'm going for now.[/quote]

I [s]was[/s] am more than willing to team up to make a lynch happen

Don't count on Prissy Pommy. He thinks teaming up is slimey.

edit to present tense

[quote name='House Rykker' post='1504543' date='Sep 3 2008, 12.43']Who do you think the FM is on the Stormcrows?[/quote]

There aren't too many choices. It's down to Donninger, Pommy or Voldy. My guess is Pommy. (could still be Cockshaw, but he knew his partner/symp and Tallhart seemed to know his as well)

[quote name='House Rykker' post='1504515' date='Sep 3 2008, 12.16']If you dislike Merlyn so much, then why aren't you voting for him?[/quote]

I am, at least I think I am...

I voted for Merlyn on post 233 and I could swear I haven't moved my vote.

[quote name='House Merlyn' post='1504498' date='Sep 3 2008, 12.07']I am not slimey. The point is to try and win, and that is what I am doing.[/quote]

The problem is the whole concept of mafia (and success in a mafia game) is based on dishonesty. Thus making deals is rather silly. I also think it's very likely quite a few of the reveals out there are lies of either a symp claiming his FM as a symp partner, or swapping roles around to confuse the other teams, or even a clever FM who has his symps pretty clear (or at least one of them) claiming symp with his symp. Also, if all the FM killed yesterday then at least one and maybe two healers don't have to heal someone else, so some of those heal offers may be bogus (even if they do have to heal someone else they could easily promise to heal you and then vig you and heal someone in the losing team)

Thus, if you have naively told the truth about yourself and your partner you might want to reconsider this "deal" business, because you will be in a serious disadvantage.

[quote]Do you [i]really[/i] think my lynch is the best option? :smug:[/quote]

Well, you're not on my team, so it's not a [i]bad[/i] option, and if you told the truth about being a vig it's actually a good option because we remove one of the people who can kill tonight.

[quote name='House Merlyn' post='1504558' date='Sep 3 2008, 11.54']There aren't too many choices. It's down to Donninger, Pommy or Voldy. My guess is Pommy. (could still be Cockshaw, but he knew his partner/symp and Tallhart seemed to know his as well)[/quote]

I agree with you. Are you willing to vote for him?

[quote name='House Pommingham' post='1504574' date='Sep 3 2008, 12.00']I am, at least I think I am...

I voted for Merlyn on post 233 and I could swear I haven't moved my vote.[/quote]

Okay, Blackfyre must have missed it, because it wasn't in his last vote count. But yeah, checking, I see that you did vote for him.

It is day 2.

9 players remain: Cockshaw, Donniger, Drumm, Marbrand, Merlyn, Pommingham, Rykker, Tallhart, Volmark.

5 votes are needed for a conviction or to go to night.

3 votes for Drumm ( Marbrand, Rykker, Pommingham)
2 votes for Tallhart ( Volmark, Drumm)
1 votes for Merlyn ( Tallhart)
1 vote for Pommingham ( Merlyn)

2 players have not voted: Cockshaw, Donniger.

Don't think I cocked this one up...

edited to reflect Pommingham's vote in the next post.
11.5 hours left. 1.5 hours until I need to leave for several hours (but back for the end of the day).

[quote name='House Merlyn' post='1504579' date='Sep 3 2008, 13.04']You are right Pommy, Mafia is all about lies, half truths, real truths hidden in the lies. It's up to each of us to figure out which is which. Have I played liked a very niave person?[/quote]

It's naive. So you're saying you're a cunning liar?

I think I'll move to [b]Drumm[/b] then. I think he's your FM and not a healer. His game-play definitely points to this.

[quote name='House Pommingham' post='1504665' date='Sep 3 2008, 14.07']It's naive. So you're saying you're a cunning liar?

I think I'll move to [b]Drumm[/b] then. I think he's your FM and not a healer. His game-play definitely points to this.[/quote]

No, I am saying I know the difference, not even that I had lied. I love the way you jump to conclusions. You are an FM and will get lynched today. I will see to it.

Archived