Mafia 57: The stowaways

House Targaryen

[quote name='House Saltcliffe' post='1517588' date='Sep 14 2008, 13.35']These "feelings"and "instincts" you have are called vibes. Welcome to Team Humanities.[/quote]
What's wrong with calling them feelings and instincts? What makes your word so much better than mine?
:rolleyes:

[quote name='House Botley' post='1517599' date='Sep 14 2008, 20.48']What's wrong with calling them feelings and instincts? What makes your word so much better than mine?
:rolleyes:[/quote]
It's shorter.

Anyhow, I've been scratching my head at the Wynch train.

Kenning just hops on after me. Agrees with the nervousness. It's a brazenly sheepish stunt for an FM to pull, so I'm not too concerned with it.

Orkwood, on the other hand is actually suspicious of Wynch's vote itself. He seems to not notice or care for the nervous behavior I was talking about. Continues on to be quite wishy-washy/reasonable, whichever term you prefer. Feels like he's keeping his options open by saying he's waiting on Wynch's defense and etc. Myre calls him on this, and votes him. I find Orky suspicious, but I'd rather see a CF result on Wynch first. Would tell us more, I think.

Stonetree doesn't suspect Wynch. Now Stonetree I find [i]fascinating[/i]. Don't want to see him lynched today though, so whatever.

[quote name='House Kenning' post='1517603' date='Sep 14 2008, 20.54'][b]Remove vote[/b]

Since Wynch won't be around, I can think of some better places to put my vote. Or i will be able to after I read the last page. We can always make him a compromise lynch if we need to.[/quote]
Er. What do you have against lynching someone that's not around?

[quote name='House Botley' post='1517583' date='Sep 14 2008, 12.27']No, I voted you because you're the most likely to get lynched OF MY TOP SUSPECTS. You seem to realize that in paragraph 2. I don't think your arguments against Wylde are good, although if I were to use that as a reason I'd be a hypocrite. I basically agree with [url="http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?s=&showtopic=30858&view=findpost&p=1517404"]post 68[/url].

After a couple rereads, I've realized that none of the cases today have been very good IMO. So even though the case against you isn't great, I still think it's the best we have.[/quote]

I realized you listed me as suspicious, but you gave no reason for it. Kind of hard to answer to a "you are #2" charge.

I really don't even see a reason in the post you linked. Have you no original thoughts?

And it's Wynch, not Wilde. ;)

[quote name='House Drumm' post='1517608' date='Sep 14 2008, 14.01']Er. What do you have against lynching someone that's not around?[/quote]
I didn't say I have something against lynching him. I just said that between now and lynching him, I can think of a better place to put my vote on. Right now it's [b]Saltcliffe[/b]. It's mainly because I hate his reasoning. Whether I like Stones or not (I still have to make up my mind on him), I like the lists. Lists show a player is not afraid of commitment and laying his cards on the table for the other players. If I manage to, I'll make my own list after re-reading Stones, Salty and Ork. Botley I feel pretty good about right now.

[quote name='House Orkwood' post='1517614' date='Sep 14 2008, 14.08']I realized you listed me as suspicious, but you gave no reason for it. Kind of hard to answer to a "you are #2" charge.

I really don't even see a reason in the post you linked. Have you no original thoughts?

And it's Wynch, not Wilde. ;)[/quote]
In the case against Orkwood, no I have no original thoughts. That is not a joke.

I know, I'm having some name issues.

Well since there's a vote on Saltcliffe now, there's the possibility that he'll actually get lynched. Hmm. Right now Orkwood seems more likely to get lynched, so my vote stays where it is for now.
[quote name='Drumm']Er. What do you have against lynching someone that's not around?[/quote]
He's not there to defend himself.

[quote name='House Kenning' post='1517603' date='Sep 14 2008, 20.54'][b]Remove vote[/b]

Since Wynch won't be around, I can think of some better places to put my vote. Or i will be able to after I read the last page. We can always make him a compromise lynch if we need to.[/quote]

This post rings some more bells than even the rum does. What do you mean with "since Wynch won't be around"? Your reason to vote for Wynch was that he did his little vote stunt before he planned [i]to leave for the rest of the day[/i]*. Why are you hesitating now?

[b]Kenning[/b]

* which he interestingly did not

[quote name='House Saltcliffe' post='1517515' date='Sep 14 2008, 19.05']Good morning. I'd like to thank the pirate captain for letting me sleep in. :P

Since we have moved from the joke vote portion of the game I'll [b]remove vote[/b] from Drumm.

Regarding Wynch, I didn't find the initial vote, unvote, vote again on Merlyn bothersome. It happened in a relatively short period of time (16 mins.) and felt to me as within the flow of a read.

The following exchange between Wynch and Orkwood reveal Orkwood's nervousness and Wynch not not quite telling the truth about Merlyn's jokey post (both called out by Myre, who I am liking even if he has only 2 posts.) Out of the two, I'd rate Orkwood a little higher on the guilty-looking list.

At this point I am most bothered by Stonetree's list:

I don't like lists at this point in a game. It strikes me as a move by a baddie to post something helpful.

[b]Stonetree[/b]

edit: took out a reference to a link being wrong. Either I was wrong about the link being wrong, or it got fixed.[/quote]

Not that I am following your ideas, but this post has been a promising start. Is there a reason why you're against reducing the suspect pool?

[quote name='House Stonetree' post='1517637' date='Sep 14 2008, 14.28']This post rings some more bells than even the rum does. What do you mean with "since Wynch won't be around"? Your reason to vote for Wynch was that he did his little vote stunt before he planned [i]to leave for the rest of the day[/i]*. Why are you hesitating now?

[b]Kenning[/b]

* which he interestingly did not[/quote]
He said he'll try to check in during the morning, which he did. It's meaningless to have my vote on him right now, because there are better places to put it on right now. We've heard his defense and can always settle on him as a compromise lynch later on. My vote is a weapon-I don't want it to get all rusty if I can achieve something by it.

[quote name='House Kenning' post='1517621' date='Sep 14 2008, 21.15']I didn't say I have something against lynching him. I just said that between now and lynching him, I can think of a better place to put my vote on. Right now it's [b]Saltcliffe[/b]. It's mainly because I hate his reasoning. Whether I like Stones or not (I still have to make up my mind on him), I like the lists. Lists show a player is not afraid of commitment and laying his cards on the table for the other players. If I manage to, I'll make my own list after re-reading Stones, Salty and Ork. Botley I feel pretty good about right now.[/quote]

Really?

IIRC you have been bloody suspicious of Wynch because of his behaviour. Your vote did sound very serious, and now you leave the Wynch mob because Saltcliffe dislikes my list? I get the impression that you try to place your vote somewhere where it dos no harm.

[quote name='House Stonetree' post='1517644' date='Sep 14 2008, 14.35']Really?

IIRC you have been bloody suspicious of Wynch because of his behaviour. Your vote did sound very serious, and now you leave the Wynch mob because Saltcliffe dislikes my list? I get the impression that you try to place your vote somewhere where it dos no harm.[/quote]
I am trying to provoke Salty and to get him to explain his suspicions. I'm still more suspicious of Wynch.

Could you explain your weird question about the friends? What were you trying to accomplish by it? And why did you insist so hard on the RP when you seem able to play?

[quote name='House Kenning' post='1517649' date='Sep 14 2008, 21.44']I am trying to provoke Salty and to get him to explain his suspicions. I'm still more suspicious of Wynch.

Could you explain your weird question about the friends? What were you trying to accomplish by it?[/quote]

Maybe I thought to find a way to make them useful?

[quote name='House Kenning' post='1517649' date='Sep 14 2008, 21.44']And why did you insist so hard on the RP when you seem able to play?[/quote]

I like drinking rum and looting. I can make cases between that. :pirate:

Sorry for long absence.

I was dithering between the Wynch and Orkwood cases as I read them. I prefer the Orkwood case to the Wynch one; I'm inclined to think that Wynch's actions were just badly thought out. It surprises me that I find Wynch more believable; Orkwood seems more innocent than Wynch - Wynch's actions can be indicative of an evil making a booboo, especially an inexperienced evil.

I think Botley and Stonetree are linked. Maybe Botley as a symp to Stonetree. Botley went after Saltcliffe pretty hard after Saltcliffe picked Stoney to vote for.

I really don't like Kenning's post 111 -

[quote]He said he'll try to check in during the morning, which he did. It's meaningless to have my vote on him right now, because there are better places to put it on right now. We've heard his defense and can always settle on him as a compromise lynch later on. My vote is a weapon-I don't want it to get all rusty if I can achieve something by it.[/quote]

I really don't like the way that post is worded. Perhaps it's just the wording that I don't like - Kenning could basically be saying Wynch is good to vote for, but he won't vote for Wynch unless there's no better alternative. But if Kenning thinks Wynch is a good vote, it's hardly "meaningless" to vote there; we are well past half-way in the day, and Wynch already has many other doubters.

In any case, Kenning is after Saltcliffe, who already has a vote, so Wynch as a compromise may not be needed. As Kenning agrees with Stonetree (subtly) and Botley, who I already am wondering about, it hardly endears me to Kenning.

I'm not entirely happy with Saltcliffe myself though. I myself don't really mind lists at any point, though they can obviously be evils throwing the scent. But I wouldn't vote at that stage on day 1 based mainly on a list.

[quote name='House Stonetree' post='1517652' date='Sep 14 2008, 14.48']Maybe I thought to find a way to make them useful?[/quote]
And how were the other players' answers, which I suppose you already knew you won't be getting much, relevant to your plan? You could have laid it out regardless of what they thought-if there are no friends, your plan wouldn't hurt either.

[quote name='House Kenning' post='1517658' date='Sep 14 2008, 21.59']And how were the other players' answers, which I suppose you already knew you won't be getting much, relevant to your plan? You could have laid it out regardless of what they thought-if there are no friends, your plan wouldn't hurt either.[/quote]
Informations are always valueable. Someone could have proposed a good idea, someone could have had a bad idea, some others could have said nothing. The third reaction is unsurprisingly the most interesting.

[quote name='House Stonetree' post='1517652' date='Sep 14 2008, 14.48']Maybe I thought to find a way to make (the friends) useful?[/quote]
Did you have any way in mind?

What do you think of Saltcliffe? He doesn't seem to agree with you on anything, and you haven't mentioned him.

[quote name='House Harlaw' post='1517657' date='Sep 14 2008, 14.54']I think Botley and Stonetree are linked. Maybe Botley as a symp to Stonetree. Botley went after Saltcliffe pretty hard after Saltcliffe picked Stoney to vote for.[/quote]
There are no symps in this game.
[quote]I really don't like Kenning's post 111 -

I really don't like the way that post is worded. Perhaps it's just the wording that I don't like - Kenning could basically be saying Wynch is good to vote for, but he won't vote for Wynch unless there's no better alternative. But if Kenning thinks Wynch is a good vote, it's hardly "meaningless" to vote there; we are well past half-way in the day, and Wynch already has many other doubters.[/quote]
It's meaningless to have my vote on Wynch while I'm online, since it wouldn't cause any reaction from Wynch OR anyone else. It would be the safest way to play it, but it wouldn't help us. Lynch can always be organised in just a few minutes, if needed (FTR, I don't plan on waiting that long).

Harlaw, am I your No 1 suspect or what? You were awfully unclear, or should I say wishy-washy about it?

Archived