Mafia 57: The stowaways

House Targaryen

Stonetree, why all this stuff about innocent roles? It seems suspicious to me. Like, you're trying to get innocents to reveal so you can kill them. I dunno, maybe you're just an innocent who doesn't know that role speculation helps the FM. But if that's the case, then why do you keep speculating after people tell you it's a bad idea?

[quote name='House Botley' post='1517747' date='Sep 14 2008, 23.29']Stonetree, why all this stuff about innocent roles? It seems suspicious to me. Like, you're trying to get innocents to reveal so you can kill them. I dunno, maybe you're just an innocent who doesn't know that role speculation helps the FM. But if that's the case, then why do you keep speculating after people tell you it's a bad idea?[/quote]

Stereotypical FM response when it comes to reducing the suspect pool.

[quote name='House Drumm' post='1517750' date='Sep 14 2008, 23.37']Stonetree, why don't you let the LW do whatever the LW wants to do? Let them have their fun with making decisions.[/quote]

Ahem, because I want to increase our chances?

If the LW does what he wants, he is going to heal himself for the whole game. Every other action would be wasted. Investigations would be fruitless, since a roled player might be a friend. Healing other players would be useless, since they could be FM. Guarding is useless anyway, which leaves permanent self-healing as the only option.

C'mon, we all know that mentat isn't playing. Revealing is helpful, beleive me. :pirate:

[quote name='House Stonetree' post='1517755' date='Sep 14 2008, 23.45']If the LW does what he wants, he is going to heal himself for the whole game. Every other action would be wasted. Investigations would be fruitless, since a roled player might be a friend. Healing other players would be useless, since they could be FM. Guarding is useless anyway, which leaves permanent self-healing as the only option.[/quote]
You don't have to assume that the LW is a selfish dick, you know. Instead of healing themselves, they could investigate somebody. It's all up to them.

[quote name='House Drumm' post='1517758' date='Sep 14 2008, 23.51']You don't have to assume that the LW is a selfish dick, you know. Instead of healing themselves, they could investigate somebody. It's all up to them.[/quote]
Investigating makes little sense. Especially when you get the result "roled" and you have no clue if that player is a killer or a friend. Otherwise he only gets a "not roled" result and thus a CI. Unfortunatly only the LW knows that, the rest doesn't.

[quote name='House Stonetree' post='1517761' date='Sep 14 2008, 23.54']Investigating makes little sense. Especially when you get the result "roled" and you have no clue if that player is a killer or a friend. Otherwise he only gets a "not roled" result and thus a CI. Unfortunatly only the LW knows that, the rest doesn't.[/quote]
Investigating provides information. Information is always useful, even if it's limited to roled/not roled. As I said, I think we should just let the LW do whatever the hell they want. It's their role.

We have three hours left, and given the rapid and breakneck speed this game is progressing, I think we should probably start consolidating our votes soon.

I'd be willing to vote out Orkwood or Wynch myself. I'd also be willing to lynch one of our quieter players (anyone whose name I don't remember, basically) too. Preference is still on Wynch because I think we've had most everyone voice an opinion on him, so his CF result might be a little bit more useful than Orkwood's.

[quote name='House Stonetree' post='1517716' date='Sep 14 2008, 14.44']The plan is simple:

One of the friends reveals, and the LW heals him on night 1. We get a CI for both day 1 and 2. After night 2 the friend will die though. If we are lucky, we can do the same thing on day 3 and 4 with the second friend. Pursuing that strategy, we might even block a kill or two.

Even if I am wrong and there is no LW, the threat of a healer will most likely safe the life of a revealed friend, at least on night 1.

Finally, if there is no friend reveal we can safely assume that there is an innocent LW, but no evil LW.[/quote]

I actually like this idea.

[quote name='House Drumm' post='1517767' date='Sep 14 2008, 23.02']We have three hours left, and given the rapid and breakneck speed this game is progressing, I think we should probably start consolidating our votes soon.

I'd be willing to vote out Orkwood or Wynch myself. I'd also be willing to lynch one of our quieter players (anyone whose name I don't remember, basically) too. Preference is still on Wynch because I think we've had most everyone voice an opinion on him, so his CF result might be a little bit more useful than Orkwood's.[/quote]
I personally wanted to wait longer, but considering our short time I believe [b]Wynch[/b] is the best candidate.

It is day 1.

13 players remain: Botley, Drumm, Farwynd, Goodbrother, Harlaw, Kenning, Merlyn, Myre, Orkwood, Saltcliffe, Stonetree, Volmark, Wynch.

7 votes are needed for a conviction or to go to night.

5 votes for Wynch ( Drumm, Orkwood, Kenning, Botley, Goodbrother)
2 votes for Orkwood ( Myre, Wynch)
2 votes for Stonetree ( Saltcliffe, Harlaw)
1 vote for Goodbrother ( Merlyn)
1 vote for Harlaw ( Stonetree)

2 players have not voted: Farwynd, Volmark.

[quote name='House Blackfyre' post='1517778' date='Sep 15 2008, 00.21']7 votes are needed for a conviction or to go to night.

5 votes for Wynch ( Drumm, Orkwood, Kenning, Botley, Goodbrother)

2 players have not voted: Farwynd, Volmark.[/quote]
How many people have left and won't be back? Wynch, I know of. Was it Saltcliffe that said he'd be back in time? I seem to think it was.

...My vote's going on Farwynd first thing tomorrow, just for the record. It won't be budging until he says something useful.

At this point, I don't agree with Stonetree's belief in the value of revealing at this moment. There just isn't enough time nor enough people to ensure that any plan, if we decided on a valid one (unlikely).

Sucks that I just haven't had enough free time this weekend, I was hoping the game would start on Sunday or Monday. Alas.

Everyone has pretty much given their views on Wynch, so he does seem to be a valuable result to find out. Personally, I found his vote/unvote/vote jumping to be rather suspicious and very possibly could be the move of a nervous FM. So I'll bring him to within one as we aren't waiting for him to come back. [b]Wynch[/b]

It is day 1.

13 players remain: Botley, Drumm, Farwynd, Goodbrother, Harlaw, Kenning, Merlyn, Myre, Orkwood, Saltcliffe, Stonetree, Volmark, Wynch.

7 votes are needed for a conviction or to go to night.

6 votes for Wynch ( Drumm, Orkwood, Kenning, Botley, Goodbrother, Volmark)

1 players have not voted: Farwynd.

[quote name='House Drumm' post='1517782' date='Sep 14 2008, 17.26']How many people have left and won't be back? Wynch, I know of. Was it Saltcliffe that said he'd be back in time? I seem to think it was.

...My vote's going on Farwynd first thing tomorrow, just for the record. It won't be budging until he says something useful.[/quote]
I don't think Saltcliffe will vote for Wynch though.
[quote]Well, I will be off to bed now. In the meanwhile you should lynch one of Harlaw, Botley or Kenning, since approx two of them are killers.[/quote]
Those two being Harlaw and Kenning?

OK. Well. I'm not [i]unhappy[/i] with lynching Wynch. I'll probably hammer it if no-one else has posted before me.

Can I point out some interesting things about Merlyn first.

In post 83 he quotes me and says "say something. anything". Also calls up Goodbrother and others for being low posters.

Yet up until this point Merlyn has made 5 posts - none of which have any real susbstance. The Beach Boys thing, av talk, but nothing of susbstance.

Then, in that same post 83, he backs the Wynch case - a safe move; he puts down the fourth (at that time) vote on Wynch.

He makes one more post after this, saying the only difference between Orkwood and Wynch cases is that Orkwood has less on it. I don't know if I agree with this, guess it's an OK comment. Doesn't say much.

He also mentions Saltcliffe as a possible suspect, and says negative and positive things about Stonetree.

So, seven posts; two of any susbstance (but not a great deal).

Very good candidate for a good look at tomorrow, seeing as no time to lynch them now.

Archived