College Football 2008

WarGalley

Michigan didn't exactly play well, but I don't think they played poorly either. Neither one of the quarterbacks Rodriguez is throwing out there look very good, but I do wish he'd just stick with Threet. He showed today that Sheridan's advantage in mobility is minimal at best, and Threet's got the better arm by far.

The defense continues to scare me. They only gave up six points true, but Miami's O looked solid from the second quarter until their starting QB got knocked out about midway through the fourth. If their receivers don't drop three or four key balls, Miami probably wins that game.

The best thing about this game was Sam McGuffie, the stud true freshman RB. The boy's got some moves. He'll be a household name by the end of this year, and in heisman contention the next two.

i like mcguffie quite a bit as well. i've watched the youtube video a bazillion times.

we finally put so. miss away...after 4 turnovers and lighter in points than we should've been. only miss state (a definite win, IMO) to go until the lsu game.

<----is psyched.

[quote name='dornish prince' post='1507908' date='Sep 6 2008, 15.04']i like mcguffie quite a bit as well. i've watched the youtube video a bazillion times.[/quote]
It is a nice video, isn't it. I love this guy. Great vision, great speed, and some nice ups, too.

For those who haven't seen it: [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4IJ17ODo_s&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4IJ17ODo_s...feature=related[/url]

The best of the hurdles is around the 3:35 mark.

D needs to wake the fuck up. Some serious halftime adjustments are necessary. ECU is very balanced, still no fucking way we should be losing to these guys. I have been calling for an end of the 3-3-5 stack for three fucking years, it is a gimicky bullshit defense and it takes young players a while to learn it. Why our head coaches continue to all ow it, I have no idea. When it works, it looks really good, but it rarely works. Now we're in a 14 point hole. I've seen Patrick White pull us out of worse situations so I'm not shitting my pants just yet, but they better get on it.

Notre Dame looks really bad still. San Diego State was supposed to be one of the worst football teams in the country, but they are up by 6 in the 3rd. If Weiss has another losing season, do you think he finally gets fired? I've always thought that Willingham got a raw deal at Notre Dame and that Weiss' contract extension was unwarranted and premature. I also find Weiss really annoying, so I'll admit to enjoying Notre Dame's misery.

Just turned the TV on.. ND looks terrible. I can't believe that they get national TV rights.

I don't know what the Mountaineer defense is doing.. ECU looks like USC right now from the little I've watched. Tight ends, running backs, receivers, QB.. all making plays.

[quote name='S John' post='1508016' date='Sep 6 2008, 18.29']Our defense fucking sucks. Fucking sucks. Absolutley miserable. I might as well write you that check for $50 right now WG. Gonna be a long year.[/quote]

Stewart lasts the season?

Gold Storm is right, the refs screwed Washington in a big way. BYU seems to be overrated.

[quote name='Celtigo' post='1508022' date='Sep 6 2008, 18.40']Stewart lasts the season?

Gold Storm is right, the refs screwed Washington in a big way. BYU seems to be overrated.[/quote]

It's early, and the team is young, but that might be. Its funny we had Terry Bowden, Skip Holtz, Bud Foster, Rick Trickett, all interested in the job, I'd really hate for everyone to be right about Stewart. I'll bet our defense wouldnt look like fucking shit if Bud Foster had been offered the job. I can handle losing, I can even handle a bad season, but what a waste of talent. Lots of great players and they are all running around like they dont know where they are supposed to be.

Sorry John.. I was hoping for an undefeated WVU-Auburn matchup. It doesn't look like it you can win now unless you get some Hail Mary's and defensive interception/fumble TD returns, but the season is long. You guys still almost made the NC game last year despite the loss to USF.

Shit. ole Miss-WF is turning into a game.

[quote name='WarGalley' post='1508029' date='Sep 6 2008, 18.54']Sorry John.. I was hoping for an undefeated WVU-Auburn matchup. It doesn't look like it you can win now unless you get some Hail Mary's and defensive interception/fumble TD returns, but the season is long. You guys still almost made the NC game last year despite the loss to USF.

Shit. ole Miss-WF is turning into a game.[/quote]

yeah...that'll earn us a reprieve from the tenn/ucla game.

also, congrats to tris and kal for a very well played game. oregon seem to be tough.

ECU is setting themselves up to be a team to reckon with this year. i wonder if skip gives pep talks the way lou does.

ETA: never mind about the reprieve since the DD's are in FG position.

Well, I've been a WVU fan my entire life, I've seen us have some bad games and bad seasons. I've seen us blow it. Stings, but I can deal.

Still possible for us to win the Big East and make a BCS bowl, but what a disapointment. ECU has dominated every facet of this game. I can't believe it. I still can't tell if they are really that good or if both VT and WVU suck this year. One thing is for sure, our defense really does suck. I feel like I've barely seen White & company, ECU's defense is going to be fresh every time they see the feild. Just a colossal bed-shitting.

[quote name='S John' post='1508035' date='Sep 6 2008, 19.16']Well, I've been a WVU fan my entire life, I've seen us have some bad games and bad seasons. I've seen us blow it. Stings, but I can deal.

Still possible for us to win the Big East and make a BCS bowl, but what a disapointment. ECU has dominated every facet of this game. I can't believe it. I still can't tell if they are really that good or if both VT and WVU suck this year. One thing is for sure, our defense really does suck. I feel like I've barely seen White & company, ECU's defense is going to be fresh every time they see the feild. Just a colossal bed-shitting.[/quote]

i think ya'll will be fine. it's always that ONE game every year. being a lifer for auburn football, i've had ups and downs and bullshit almost every damn year.

your players need to rally around stewart, IMO. also, IMO, every team that plays ECU needs to circle that date; they're gonna be ranked after this.

ETA: we can't even go undefeated and get any respect.

edited to take out "in the SEC". shit, no one beat us.

Nice to see Holtz and May both rail on the BYU-Washington decision. I really liked May remarking on how the ref's should not be making game decisions and that Ty Willingham's job was on the line. The refs shouldn't care whether or not Ty's job is on the line, but the game decision has a larger impact on the national and personal picture. That's why they shouldn't be a part of it.

[quote name='dornish prince' post='1508042' date='Sep 6 2008, 19.23']i think ya'll will be fine. it's always that ONE game every year. being a lifer for auburn football, i've had ups and downs and bullshit almost every damn year.

your players need to rally around stewart, IMO. also, IMO, every team that plays ECU needs to circle that date; they're gonna be ranked after this.

ETA: we can't even go undefeated and get any respect.

edited to take out "in the SEC". shit, no one beat us.[/quote]

I hope you are right. We looked terrible. I havnt seen us get beat like a yard dog in a few years. Our recent losses to Pitt, Louisville, and USF were all pretty close. Make no mistake, what I just watched was an ass kicking. ECU looked like they were better than us, bottom line. In a way it takes some pressure off of me as a fan, lowers my expectations for what we might accomplish this year. But that is small, small consolation.

Damn just saw the Washington - BYU highlights, what bullshit. I'm not a fan of show-boating but thats not what happened there at all. What garbage.

Archived