DC BwB

Guest Raidne

Hey all - I'm almost all settled in DC and would love to meet all of you. Anyone down with meeting up in October? I was thinking the 24th or 25th, and Nanny's is fine with me if it works for all of you. I'm cool with November too, if that works for more of you.

ETA: Looks like my sister might be visiting in October, so let's go with November in hopes that AG can make it, cool?

Raidne you're in DC? Holy crap! BwB DC's looking [i]strong.[/i] :P

I think a "Welcome Raidne to DC" meetup's a fine idea. October 24th-25th might be tough for me. That's pre-Halloween weekend, a national holiday in the JL household, and while don't have anything definite planned for then, I know I probably will soon. I think November (perhaps 7th-8th?) works better for me, but if it ends up being October, I'll see what I can do.

Also, Nanny's is always a good time, but might make sense to mix it up, variety being the spice of life and all.

Weekend of the 24th-25th will probably work for me, I'm out of town the weekend before that so I probably won't leave two weekends in a row. Also, I believe the old social calender is wide open for the month of November so that works for me too. So whenever.. I'm usually around town.

Hows the new place, Raidne? Don't forget to guard your grill at the DMV.

I can do another round but I can't make any gurantees as I've been looking at going on a vacation sometime in October or November.

[quote name='S John' post='1513845' date='Sep 11 2008, 11.44']Weekend of the 24th-25th will probably work for me, I'm out of town the weekend before that so I probably won't leave two weekends in a row.[/quote]

Auburn plays West Virginia on the 25th. We might spend the whole time watching the game. :cheers:

ETA: NM, it's the 23rd..

[quote name='WarGalley' post='1513873' date='Sep 11 2008, 12.00']Auburn plays West Virginia on the 25th. We might spend the whole time watching the game. :cheers:

ETA: NM, it's the 23rd..[/quote]

Yea, its a Thursday game. Believe me, if it was on a Saturday I'd be in Morgantown that day come hell or high water.

As of right now I am scheduled to be in PA Nov 10-14. According to my map, Downingtown is about 2 cm from DC, which according to my calculations is roughly 2 hours by train...?

I'll be keeping an eye on this thread and if you all decide to do it Nov 8, there's a good chance I can make it. :) It would be cool to meet you guys!

[quote name='makotohanabi' post='1514246' date='Sep 11 2008, 15.28']I think the 25th will work, I'll know for sure when my better half sees the thread.[/quote]

I'm the better half... I will remind you of that in the future. As long as it isn't too early, it should be fine. We are likely to be helping friends with their Haunted Garage during the day that Saturday.

Okay, I edited the thread to reflect our new tentative date of Nov. 8, but I'm still open for ideas on where to go. I'm in Logan Circle, so I'm a little biased toward Dupont/Logan, but I'll go anywhere I can hop the rail to. I don't know that many bars in the area though, so any suggestions?

You know.. there are a number of great bars but its hard to think of more than a few that meet the criteria for a BwB meet. Need a place that's easy to get to, will have room for us, and not too loud or crowded so that we can chat it up. I'll have to give it some thought, or more likely defer to one of you who has been in the city longer than myself.

[quote name='Raidne' post='1515485' date='Sep 12 2008, 13.08']Okay, I edited the thread to reflect our new tentative date of Nov. 8, but I'm still open for ideas on where to go. I'm in Logan Circle, so I'm a little biased toward Dupont/Logan, but I'll go anywhere I can hop the rail to. I don't know that many bars in the area though, so any suggestions?[/quote]

That is the weekend of [url="http://euroquest.gamesclubofmd.org/"]Euroquest[/url].

I can likely do the 24th/25th and/or the 8th, so put me down as probable.

I liked Nanny O'Briens, but something a bit closer in would be nice - it took about an hour to get to by metro. :( Of course we could always take a cab in too. Hate metro. :P

OK, possible bars that I know of (i.e. near me) that might work are Stan's Restaurant and Bar (neighborhood pub, reasonable pricing, stiff drinks) in Logan Circle, Capitol City Brewing Co. and Fado Irish Pub on H St in Chinatown, and Brickskeller (loads of different beers) in Dupont Circle.

There's also this other place right next to Fado on H St that looks pretty big and has over 100 beers, but I can't remember what it's called...anyone know?

So anybody familiar with and/or have thoughts on any of those places or other places?

[quote name='Raidne' post='1518303' date='Sep 15 2008, 08.50']There's also this other place right next to Fado on H St that looks pretty big and has over 100 beers, but I can't remember what it's called...anyone know?[/quote]

That's Washington RFD, I believe its owned by the same people as Brickskeller and its basically the same thing.

[quote name='S John' post='1518367' date='Sep 15 2008, 09.50']That's Washington RFD, I believe its owned by the same people as Brickskeller and its basically the same thing.[/quote]

Ah yes, that's is. It looks to have more space than the Brickskeller, although less grungy charm.

Was just notified of this thread. That's far enough away I can probably swing it (accident).

I liked Nanny's a lot. I'd be willing to go elsewhere, but it lent itself well to a meetup. Plus, you know, it's metro-accessible and everyone knows where it is.

Archived