HEROES

Jed o' Tarth

I've heard some major spoilers about the first episode, but I will wait until I see it before believing.
[quote]I lost tack of the series last season. Anyone know of a site with good recaps or is the official site the best bet?[/quote]
Wikipedia is a good choice here.

I too am very excited for season 3, and I hope it will be as good as the first season. Season 2 was good, but, well, I had some issues with it.

[quote name='Fat Belwas' post='1524420' date='Sep 19 2008, 09.28']I too am very excited for season 3, and I hope it will be as good as the first season. Season 2 was good, but, well, I had some issues with it.[/quote]

I was greatly dissapointed in "Season 2" as it was (considering it got cut short cause of the strike). It felt rushed and there were points when I was bored. I dislike that Micah's PoV turned into his cousin's PoV and Micah was left behind. I really disliked [s]Nikki and Paulo[/s] the token Latinos until they hooked up with Sylar.

The love interests seemed forced, I am glad that Kring and co realize that viewers aren't interested in that. Supposedly, that's the last we see of 'romance'.

Adam Monroe, HRG, and the last two episodes were the only parts that were worth a damn. I hope Sylar dies and Adam Monroe hooks up with another interesting villain. Then maybe the show could be nearly as good as its start.

I hate Sylar so much. I've never found anything interesting or entertaining about his character from the start. I hope he eats brains, otherwise I just don't see any redeeming value.

[quote name='Weekapaug' post='1524628' date='Sep 19 2008, 10.54']Adam Monroe, HRG, and the last two episodes were the only parts that were worth a damn. [b]I hope Sylar dies[/b] and Adam Monroe hooks up with another interesting villain. Then maybe the show could be nearly as good as its start.

I hate Sylar so much. I've never found anything interesting or entertaining about his character from the start. I hope he eats brains, otherwise I just don't see any redeeming value.[/quote]

I totally agree. He's just way too powerful. Same with Peter, I like Peter, but I think he should die for the health of the show.

[quote name='RedEyedGhost' post='1524639' date='Sep 19 2008, 10.00']I totally agree. He's just way too powerful. Same with Peter, I like Peter, but I think he should die for the health of the show.[/quote]
Can't say i agree with you about Sylar and Peter. The fight they were getting ready to have in the " 5 years in the future " episode from season 1 looked way to cool for them to be killed off. I wanna see some more of that shit!! The one thing I can agree with you on is "ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK BABY!!!"

[quote name='RedEyedGhost' post='1524639' date='Sep 19 2008, 13.00']I totally agree. He's just way too powerful. Same with Peter, I like Peter, but I think he should die for the health of the show.[/quote]
I don't even like Peter anymore. Frankly, last season just made everyone (HRG excluded) look moronic. The fact that the commercials for this season had reviewers basically admit that last season was garbage was just hilarious. I'll probably watch it anyways because there is so little on that I like, but damn it can't get much worse.

[quote name='J.J. Lannister' post='1524651' date='Sep 19 2008, 13.06']Can't say i agree with you about Sylar and Peter. The fight they were getting ready to have in the " 5 years in the future " episode from season 1 looked way to cool for them to be killed off. I wanna see some more of that shit!! The one thing I can agree with you on is "ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK BABY!!!"[/quote]
They just aren't interesting as day to day characters. Peter had to be nerfed by his unbelievable naivete and just idiocy in England. Sylar was put out in the middle of nowhere for no rhyme or reason. Just epically dumb writing for characters that just don't work.

The problem with Peter Petrelli (and apologies if I've said this before) is that he's so powerful that every time the writers introduce a threat, they'll have to answer the question, "Why hasn't Peter already solved this problem?" They did some moronic things with his character last season--amnesia, trusting the bad guy for no discernible reason, forgetting his powers when the plot required him to--and if they want to keep the character around and maintain any sense of jeopardy, they're going to do the same shit over again in season three. There were a lot of problems with season two, but as far as I can see, that's their biggest problem by far.

[quote name='J.J. Lannister' post='1524651' date='Sep 19 2008, 11.06']Can't say i agree with you about Sylar and Peter. The fight they were[b] getting ready to have[/b] in the " 5 years in the future " episode from season 1 looked way to cool for them to be killed off. I wanna see some more of that shit!![/quote]

Sure an all out battle between Peter and Sylar would be great, but I don't think it will ever happen. They gave us a tease in [i]Five Years Gone[/i] and the season one finale, but all we got was crap. I don't know if it's the writers or if it's budget constraints but I just don't see it happening. And the promise of it is just not worth these uber powerful characters that only bring the show down (as outlined by 'Palin' and Weekapaug).

There was soooo much bad last season that they really need to cut 1/2 - 2/3 of the principals if they want to get it on the right track, but that will never happen.

Characters I would not mind getting cut:

Nikki
Micha
Maya
Sylar
Peter
West
Monica
Molly

I also wouldn't mind if Mohinder is never seen again, but I think he's to integral to too many potential storylines to cut.

[quote]The one thing I can agree with you on is "ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK BABY!!!"[/quote]

Are you an alum or current student?

Keep checking in at [url="http://www.nbc.com/Video/preview/"]http://www.nbc.com/Video/preview/[/url]

They have full episode "previews" up for view- like the season premier episodes of Life and Lipstick Jungle! They just may add Heroes as it gets closer to the premier date. Also on the NBC site you can see all of the Heroes webisodes.

You can also see Heroes episodes, webisodes and clips for free at [url="http://www.hulu.com/heroes"]http://www.hulu.com/heroes[/url]

[quote name='RedEyedGhost' post='1524792' date='Sep 19 2008, 15.06']There was soooo much bad last season that they really need to cut 1/2 - 2/3 of the principals if they want to get it on the right track, but that will never happen.[/quote]

Not only that, they're actually adding more new characters this season than they've lost last season.

[quote name='Sarah L. Palin' post='1524819' date='Sep 19 2008, 15.22']Not only that, they're actually adding more new characters this season than they've lost last season.[/quote]
Are they continuing the shyte comics that improve the continuity of the on screen story?

Having just finished Season 2; and just finished up [i]Wild Cards #1[/i], it is painfully obvious that Heroes is just a rip of the wild cards concept but without the alien connection-yet. And they even threw in a virus that kills people. If the season had been allowed to carry on-I wonder where they would have gone with the other effects of the virus (jokers perhaps?).

Don't ever bring up Heroes to GRRM unless you want to see the steam start coming out of his ears... and for good reason.

[quote name='Ser Lucky Pierre' post='1524953' date='Sep 19 2008, 14.42']Having just finished Season 2; and just finished up [i]Wild Cards #1[/i], it is painfully obvious that Heroes is just a rip of the wild cards concept but without the alien connection-yet. And they even threw in a virus that kills people. If the season had been allowed to carry on-I wonder where they would have gone with the other effects of the virus (jokers perhaps?).

Don't ever bring up Heroes to GRRM unless you want to see the steam start coming out of his ears... and for good reason.[/quote]

Really LP? I would think Stan Lee would be even more pissed and Jack Kirby probably rolled over in his grave a few times. It wouldn't surprise me if the villains in part 3 form a "Brotherhood" in part 4.

Archived