Mafia 57.5

Shadowbaby

[quote name='House Sunderly' post='1535461' date='Sep 29 2008, 12.29']pot/kettle anyone? (although his last post is longer, none of the others were)

The one thing I really don't like is accussing others of the thing you are doing. So FMish.

I'm back for my lunch break, and then will return later. I'll try and pop on as work slows down.[/quote]

You didn't get my point against Orkwood, right?

I was only here for the beginning of the game, but Orkwood has been active much longer, so he had the possibility of contributing/attacking/commenting. Which he did in particular, but always in such a lighthearted way that it had no impact on others.

Compare this one: :pirate:

to this one: :)

Which one gives you nightmares?

[quote name='House Saltcliffe' post='1535796' date='Sep 29 2008, 15.22']2 Posts.

Said they went to bed about 14 hours ago. I'd imagine they'll be back soonish.

Why is removing a joke vote a problem? If they don't come back soon, I'll get annoyed, however you seem to be a little overly concerned with them here. If I wasn't as happy as I am with my vote on Botley, I'd move my vote to you I think.[/quote]

1) 2 posts is a lot for Greyjoy.

2) Yep, but you and some others gave Greyjoy a freepass for that. I could have let my vote on Orkwood, of course, but wait, he has also gone. Shocking!!!!!!!

3) Because FM are concerned where there vote is, while innocents are usually not. Why removing your vote when it could add some pressure on that person? It makes no sense at all.

[quote name='House Stonetree' post='1535596' date='Sep 29 2008, 13.52']So, on to the harder questions:

1) Merlyn- Why vote for Greyjoy (for pressure) over Farwynd, if you're suspicious of Farwynd? Greyjoy was the one who said they wouldn't be able to post during the U.S. day...which is exactly when you began to apply pressure. Are you trying to pressure Farwynd or Greyjoy with that move?[/quote]

I wanted to pressure Greyjoy while Saltcliffe would have a look at Farwynd. And, to answer your question, I tried to pressure both.

[quote name='House Saltcliffe' post='1535621' date='Sep 29 2008, 14.09']I've been active and placed myself in the forefront...is that what you have a problem with? What type of player do you think would most likely get investigated N1? What type of player do you think would most likely get NKed N1?[/quote]

Trying to give the FM some hints, eh?

[quote name='House Saltcliffe' post='1535621' date='Sep 29 2008, 14.09']Good point. He said, "Saltcliffe, in the meanwhile you can torture Farwynd, if you want to. ;)" Nice of him to "pressure" the person that is gone and leave it to someone else to badger the present target.[/quote]

Would be hard for me to badger the present target if I wasn't present myself. :rolleyes:

[quote name='House Saltcliffe' post='1535621' date='Sep 29 2008, 14.09']Frankly, Farwynd rubs me the wrong way. However, I don't think an FM would do the "elaborate joke vote" maneuver.[/quote]

Maneuver? Which maneuver? :dunno:

If it was a maneuver, he was lying, right? Would an innocent lie to us? Well, apparently not.

[quote name='House Merlyn' post='1535813' date='Sep 29 2008, 15.30']1) 2 posts is a lot for Greyjoy.[/quote]
At the time he was on, that was what was going down.
[quote name='House Merlyn' post='1535813' date='Sep 29 2008, 15.30']2) Yep, but you and some others gave Greyjoy a freepass for that. I could have let my vote on Orkwood, of course, but wait, he has also gone. Shocking!!!!!!![/quote]
I'm not going to give him a freepass, nor am I giving you one here. If Greyjoy doesn't return in the next several hours, I will be much more inclined to vote for him than now. He at least gave a reason for his absence, unlike some others.
[quote name='House Merlyn' post='1535813' date='Sep 29 2008, 15.30']3) Because FM are concerned where there vote is, while innocents are usually not. Why removing your vote when it could add some pressure on that person? It makes no sense at all.[/quote] I'd like to ask Greyjoy what his reasoning was exactly rather than answer for him anymore. I'm endeavoring to pressure you, not defend Greyjoy.

[quote name='House Merlyn' post='1535827' date='Sep 29 2008, 15.40']Would be hard for me to badger the present target if I wasn't present myself. :rolleyes:[/quote]
You posted for about another after that post and not once did you mention Greyjoy. Not very effective pressure.

[quote name='House Merlyn' post='1535827' date='Sep 29 2008, 15.40']Maneuver? Which maneuver? :dunno:

If it was a maneuver, he was lying, right? Would an innocent lie to us? Well, apparently not.[/quote]
Maneuver was maybe a poor choice of words. Basically, I don't think an FM would have made a post like that. I'm not going to clear Farwynd based on that, however I'll give it as a point in their favor.

[quote name='House Merlyn' post='1535833' date='Sep 29 2008, 12.41']You missed to make yourself invisible, dude! :thumbsdown:[/quote]
awww crap, my bad :(

well im gonna start my analysis of people (and if this has been said before than too bad cuz im gonna say it again :P )

SALTCLIFFE:

So far saltcliffe has been pretty aggressive, but like others have noted i think its just to get the game going and theres nothing wrong with that. He's been pretty thorough so far and not letting questions slide which i dont think a FM would do since hes called out pretty much everyone (which would include his partner if he had one). So im gonna have to say that saltcliffe isnt on my list to get lynched.. for now :pirate:

It is day 1.

9 players remain: Botley, Farwynd, Greyjoy, Merlyn, Orkwood, Saltcliffe, Stonetree, Sunderly, Wynch.

5 votes are needed for a conviction or to go to night.

3 votes for Botley (Wynch, Saltcliffe, Sunderly)
2 votes for Greyjoy (Merlyn, Botley)
1 vote for Farwynd (Orkwood)
1 vote for Merlyn (Farwynd)
1 vote for Saltcliffe (Stonetree)

1 players have not voted: Greyjoy.

Your mod is now happy. He doesn't feel redundant. :smoking:

hmmm im not likin the way Botley is voting for Greyjoy because of his "case" which i see no real evidence behind so i think im just gonna leave my vote where it is for now (and i know there really isnt any "real" evidence yet, but something about it rubbed me the wrong way)

[quote name='House Wynch' post='1535873' date='Sep 29 2008, 15.54']awww crap, my bad :(

well im gonna start my analysis of people (and if this has been said before than too bad cuz im gonna say it again :P )

SALTCLIFFE:

So far saltcliffe has been pretty aggressive, but like others have noted i think its just to get the game going and theres nothing wrong with that. He's been pretty thorough so far and not letting questions slide which i dont think a FM would do since hes called out pretty much everyone (which would include his partner if he had one). So im gonna have to say that saltcliffe isnt on my list to get lynched.. for now :pirate:[/quote]
[quote name='House Wynch' post='1535914' date='Sep 29 2008, 16.11']hmmm im not likin the way Botley is voting for Greyjoy because of his "case" which i see no real evidence behind so i think im just gonna leave my vote where it is for now (and i know there really isnt any "real" evidence yet, but something about it rubbed me the wrong way)[/quote]
I'm sorry, but I just don't like people nestled in my anal cavity. *Farts*

Come up with your own thoughts. Just because you apologized in advance doesn't mean I'll forgive you for trying to PI me and then agree with my vote.

[i]eta- I apologize if you are simply overly busy and I'm being harsh, however you chose a rather suspicious route in your first two posts back and then disappeared.[/i]

[quote name='House Sunderly' post='1535516' date='Sep 29 2008, 10.55']Orkwood does not give me that warm fuzzy feeling. not sure, but he seems a little defensive when not really needed. I'd be willing to vote him.[/quote]
Give me a better cause for your suspicion man, and the first part of your post sounded so gay :D

[quote name='House Sunderly' post='1535587' date='Sep 29 2008, 11.44']Botley: has made 3 posts, one RP vote, one RP statement and the vote on Greyjoy. I am not sure of the “case” on Greyjoy that he is talking about and it is not linked or quoted. This puts him in the position of going for an easy target I think, and therefore he gets added to my “willing to vote” list.

Wynch: I really didn’t like his RP of his first few posts. More than a few FM have done this. I don’t like the reason he voted just before leaving either. He has no substance as of yet. He’s goes on my willing to vote list, but in last place.

Farwynd: While I didn’t care overly much for his RP vote (the explaining that it was elaborate joke) I am satisfied with his responses and don’t think I’d vote him today.

would vote for: Stonetree, Orkwood, Botley (in any order) and Wynch last

no read on: Greyjoy

wouldn't be too happy to vote for: Merlyn, Saltcliffe or Farwynd.

Why don’t we start the train on [b]Botley[/b] rolling and see where it heads?[/quote]
You re-read some members, you build a case against Botley, I like your case against him to some extent, but what gives me a bad feeling about you is that you redeem 2 other players without even rereading them or giving any specific reasons
while you are ready to vote for Stonetree and me again without giving any good reasons, maybe you are trying to make some trust you then build cases out of nothing against other innocents get them lynched with the help of the ones you trying to get on your side? Sound too FMish if you ask me.

[quote name='House Merlyn' post='1535800' date='Sep 29 2008, 13.23']You didn't get my point against Orkwood, right?

I was only here for the beginning of the game, but Orkwood has been active much longer, so he had the possibility of contributing/attacking/commenting. Which he did in particular, but always in such a lighthearted way that it had no impact on others.

Compare this one: :pirate:

to this one: :)

Which one gives you nightmares?[/quote]
If I was a FM I would try to actually impact others and tempt them to join me in a crusade against an innocent, and man it was so early in the game back when you started attacking me, how could I be able to attack anyone with 100% assurance?
Well now come to think of it, you attacked me that early in the game like you knew I was a FM while you didnt have any evidence nor case against me.

[quote name='House Orkwood' post='1536060' date='Sep 29 2008, 17.19'][u]If I was a FM I would try to actually impact others and tempt them to join me in a crusade against an innocent,[/u] and man it was so early in the game back when you started attacking me, how could I be able to attack anyone with 100% assurance?
Well now come to think of it, you attacked me that early in the game like you knew I was a FM while you didnt have any evidence nor case against me.[/quote]
Wouldn't that type of behavior lead to an investigation and therefore be a dangerous move for an FM to make?

Also, I think you are overstating the gravity of the attack against you by Merlyn. Frankly, reading back through what Merlyn said I don't get the same type of feeling at all that you describe here. Not even close.

Hello all.

First off, so sorry I can't play days. I specifically told Shabba I'd play if the game started Friday or Saturday, otherwise spoil me. But she put me in, and I don't want to be on the shit list for being mod-killed so I am playing. But I cannot play days. Put votes on me does not pressure me. I cannot even read the thread while at work. If this bothers you, too bad, I don't care.

[b]Botley[/b]
This is an OMGUS vote. But you suck becuase you voted for me and there is no case. It was clear to me that Farwynd was making a joke vote the moment I read it. Then there was discussion on how it was a joke vote. Yet you still are counting it as a real vote.

As for why I removed my vote... well, I was gone for 16 or so hours. Sorry, I am not comfortable leaving a vote on [i]anyone[/i] for 16 hours. Especially when I am not here to remove it... I don't know what is going to happen. I removed it before I left. Again, if that bothers you, too bad, I don't care.

This is comments from my initial reread. I will go read closer and make comments... the comment may not be within the flow of the conversation. If that bothers you...

*crowd roars*
"... too bad, I don't care!"

[quote name='House Greyjoy' post='1536126' date='Sep 29 2008, 17.46']As for why I removed my vote... well, I was gone for 16 or so hours. Sorry, I am not comfortable leaving a vote on [i]anyone[/i] for 16 hours. Especially when I am not here to remove it... I don't know what is going to happen. I removed it before I left. Again, if that bothers you, too bad, I don't care.[/quote]
That's pretty much what I expected. I don't feel foolish for giving you a little bit of defense before. I'd like to hear more from you, you're off to a good start. What are your thoughts about Orkwood, Merlyn, and Stonetree in particular?

[quote name='House Orkwood' post='1536048' date='Sep 29 2008, 17.14']Give me a better cause for your suspicion man, and the first part of your post sounded so gay :D

You re-read some members, you build a case against Botley, I like your case against him to some extent, but what gives me a bad feeling about you is that you redeem 2 other players without even rereading them or giving any specific reasons
while you are ready to vote for Stonetree and me again without giving any good reasons, maybe you are trying to make some trust you then build cases out of nothing against other innocents get them lynched with the help of the ones you trying to get on your side? Sound too FMish if you ask me.[/quote]

I did reread the 3 players (not 2) that I don't want to vote for today. I also gave reasons. It's day one, some of what there is is gut feelings.

And it was who I was willing to vote for, not CASES, just my day one thoughts. 85% of my thoughts are backed up with data from the threads, the other 15% is my gut feelings.

And your gay comment is very offensive.

edit: maths :rolleyes:

[quote name='House Farwynd' post='1534976' date='Sep 29 2008, 09.41']Sorry I'm late!

I haven't got much time right now, but I'll offer some RP: *drinks some beer and rides on a dwarven goat*

And an elaborate joke vote on [b]Greyjoy[/b] who voted for his partner for distancing sake. Then he removed the vote before he went to bed, just in case ('cause you can never know with those pesky days one), despite the fact his partner was under no danger and there was no good reason to remove it.

And Farwynd smells of sea, it's one of the Iron islands houses.

ETA:

A jaunty what?[/quote]
I'll agree with whomever said that this isn't funny.

The confusing part may be when you say voting for his partner... instead of voting for [i]me[/i] his partner.

Yes, I know that Farwynd smells of the sea -- thus the insult that it smells of complacent in-land living... but you know that as well. Don't play dumb.

Archived