Mafia 57.5

Shadowbaby

[quote name='House Merlyn' post='1535179' date='Sep 29 2008, 09.03']wouldn't be too bad IMO. Saltcliffe, in the meanwhile you can torture Farwynd, if you want to. ;)

(although Orkwood still makes an impressive effort to avoid too much attention :unsure: )[/quote]
And how am I doing that? atleast Im posting and participating, in my book you are trying too hard to keep the focus away
from yourself by criticizing Farwyn, voting for Greyjoy then trying to grow suspicions at me.

[quote name='House Orkwood' post='1535193' date='Sep 29 2008, 10.08']And how am I doing that? atleast Im posting and participating, in my book you are trying too hard to keep the focus away
from yourself by criticizing Farwyn, voting for Greyjoy then trying to grow suspicions at me.[/quote]

Your doing that by writing humourous, short posts that don't hurt anyone. Ever heard of the friendly FM from the neighbourhood?

[quote name='House Saltcliffe' post='1535231' date='Sep 29 2008, 10.28']You haven't answered my question.[/quote]

I didn't see your question, I was already on a new page when I checked the thread. :unsure:

I guess you mean this one here:

[quote name='House Saltcliffe' post='1535188' date='Sep 29 2008, 10.05']More impressive than Wynch, Botley, or Sunderly?[/quote]

Answer: yes

Reason: I know that these three are not participating, because they're not pretending to do so.

[quote name='House Merlyn' post='1535206' date='Sep 29 2008, 10.14']Your doing that by writing humourous, short posts that don't hurt anyone. Ever heard of the friendly FM from the neighbourhood?[/quote]
[quote name='House Merlyn' post='1535225' date='Sep 29 2008, 10.26']I appreciate your efforts to keep my lynchable. :P[/quote]
Pot. Kettle. Black.

You are pushing this harder than I'd expect someone to this early.

[quote name='House Saltcliffe' post='1535183' date='Sep 29 2008, 10.03']People, we don't have a chance unless more people start getting involved. I would guess that more will be getting on soonish judging from when they left some hours ago. If we want to get anything out of day 1 there needs to be more posting and sooner rather than later.[/quote]

We have three lynches until we're fucked, so Saltcliffe is right here. On day 3 we will be three innocents vs two FM, so we have to get one of them during the first two days. If we lynch blindly today, we almost reduce our chances by half.

No need to say that we rely heavily on our finder. If he does not survive until day 2 at least, we are pretty screwed. If he survives this night, he probably should reveal his investigation tomorrow (not too early, perhaps).

I will be busy this evening, but I should have some time to add a couple of thoughts before the timelimit is over.

[quote name='House Merlyn' post='1535291' date='Sep 29 2008, 11.01']Hey, [i]you [/i]were the one who has been accused of pushing too hard!!!!!!! :stunned:[/quote]
My point is you are pushing a specific idea that is weak while ignoring others it seems.

That isn't a very solid defense by the way.

[quote name='House Saltcliffe' post='1535116' date='Sep 29 2008, 08.55']What exactly is an "elaborate joke vote"? Why did you give reasoning for said vote if it is a joke?[/quote]

I'll explain. In this case "elaborate" means it's not obvious, and may not be understood by the less astute members of the mafia community (no offense meant).

Greyjoy's vote (which he removed before retiring to sleep) was on me. Hence I was accusing him of distancing from myself. Since I'm not a FM, it's a joke (and hence a joke vote).

[quote name='House Merlyn' post='1535286' date='Sep 29 2008, 11.00']We have three lynches until we're fucked, so Saltcliffe is right here. On day 3 we will be three innocents vs two FM, so we have to get one of them during the first two days. If we lynch blindly today, we almost reduce our chances by half.

No need to say that we rely heavily on our finder. If he does not survive until day 2 at least, we are pretty screwed. If he survives this night, he probably should reveal his investigation tomorrow (not too early, perhaps).

I will be busy this evening, but I should have some time to add a couple of thoughts before the timelimit is over.[/quote]

I don't know what's more useless here, Saltcliffe's post or your own [b]Merlyn[/b]. Yeah, we've got 9 players and we lynch one every night and if we don't lynch right we'll eventually lose (and yeah, everyone should participate and post lots). Any more pearls of wisdom you two want to share?

[quote name='House Farwynd' post='1535386' date='Sep 29 2008, 11.41']I'll explain. In this case "elaborate" means it's not obvious, and may not be understood by the less astute members of the mafia community (no offense meant).[/quote]
[quote]Elaborate: Adj
1 : planned or carried out with great care <took elaborate precautions> 2 : marked by complexity, fullness of detail, or ornateness[/quote]
Elaborate has never meant not obvious. Frankly, I don't see how you could possibly mean no offense, especially considering the rest of your post.
[quote name='House Farwynd' post='1535386' date='Sep 29 2008, 11.41']Greyjoy's vote (which he removed before retiring to sleep) was on me. Hence I was accusing him of distancing from myself. Since I'm not a FM, it's a joke (and hence a joke vote).[/quote]
How does this add up to suspicious behavior? Frankly, you are looking like the confused one here. It is pretty common to make a joke vote and then remove it on day one before going to bed. That's not to say that Greyjoy looks innocent, I am simply stating that your logic leaves a lot to be desired. Especially considering your condescension.

[quote name='House Farwynd' post='1535386' date='Sep 29 2008, 11.41']I don't know what's more useless here, Saltcliffe's post or your own [b]Merlyn[/b]. Yeah, we've got 9 players and we lynch one every night and if we don't lynch right we'll eventually lose (and yeah, everyone should participate and post lots). Any more pearls of wisdom you two want to share?[/quote]
I could name a few people that have been more useless. That post was rather suspect, however I need to make two things clear to you. First, you need to get over yourself. Second, if I'm pissed about people's lack of activity, then I will voice it.

[quote name='House Saltcliffe' post='1535402' date='Sep 29 2008, 11.52']How does this add up to suspicious behavior? Frankly, you are looking like the confused one here. It is pretty common to make a joke vote and then remove it on day one before going to bed. That's not to say that Greyjoy looks innocent, I am simply stating that your logic leaves a lot to be desired. Especially considering your condescension.[/quote]

It's not suspicious, it's a joke. It's not meant to be a case. If it was it would be based on him and me being FM and me accusing him because of distancing from me. It's so stupid it's not meant to be taken seriously at all. Unless you're returning the joke with a vengeance (in which case, [i]touche[/i]) I don't get what you're talking about.

[quote]I could name a few people that have been more useless.[/quote]

Maybe you could name one of them and vote for him?

[quote]That post was rather suspect, however[/quote]

Suspicious and useless mean two very different things. Do you consider that post suspicious because it's useless or merely suspicious (in which case it could be useful, though not as Merlyn intended).

[quote]I need to make two things clear to you. First, you need to get over yourself.[/quote]

*gets over himself* Okay, done.

[quote]Second, if I'm pissed about people's lack of activity, then I will voice it.[/quote]

Okay, but if I sense contribution I perceive as phony I'll voice it too (obviously not all of it will be due to FMness, but clues are hard to come by on day one).

[quote name='House Farwynd' post='1535433' date='Sep 29 2008, 12.13']It's not suspicious, it's a joke. It's not meant to be a case. If it was it would be based on him and me being FM and me accusing him because of distancing from me. It's so stupid it's not meant to be taken seriously at all. Unless you're returning the joke with a vengeance (in which case, [i]touche[/i]) I don't get what you're talking about.[/quote]
Whatever, nevermind.

Moving on...still nothing else going on. Great!

[quote name='House Merlyn' post='1534997' date='Sep 29 2008, 05.24'][b]Orkwood[/b]

has been delivering us oneliners only. Trying to blend into the crowd perhaps?[/quote]

pot/kettle anyone? (although his last post is longer, none of the others were)

The one thing I really don't like is accussing others of the thing you are doing. So FMish.

I'm back for my lunch break, and then will return later. I'll try and pop on as work slows down.

[quote name='House Sunderly' post='1535461' date='Sep 29 2008, 12.29']pot/kettle anyone? (although his last post is longer, none of the others were)[/quote]
Apparently you didn't get to here:
[quote name='House Saltcliffe' post='1535279' date='Sep 29 2008, 10.57']Pot. Kettle. Black.

You are pushing this harder than I'd expect someone to this early.[/quote]
[quote name='House Sunderly' post='1535461' date='Sep 29 2008, 12.29']The one thing I really don't like is accussing others of the thing you are doing. So FMish.

I'm back for my lunch break, and then will return later. I'll try and pop on as work slows down.[/quote]
I don't like people who copy what others have already said.

[quote name='House Saltcliffe' post='1535471' date='Sep 29 2008, 12.32']Apparently you didn't get to here:

I don't like people who copy what others have already said.[/quote]

You are right. I did not get to there...after that post, I skimmed Meryln to see if any of his later posts were longer, as my impression had been one-liners only

Ok Sunderly.

[quote name='House Botley' post='1534857' date='Sep 28 2008, 23.12']Hi there!

[b]Stonetree[/b], because nobody else mentioned him yet. We shouldn't allow people to stay under radars.[/quote]
I am going to vote [b]Botley[/b]. They have two worthless (and hypocritical) posts and haven't given any reason as to why they've been gone. Stonetree is another option, but they've at least kind of contributed in one post and gave reason for their absence.

Archived