Mafia 57.5

Shadowbaby

Had to skim to catch up, but I'm vaguely sure this is the right vote count...

It is day 1.

9 players remain: Botley, Farwynd, Greyjoy, Merlyn, Orkwood, Saltcliffe, Stonetree, Sunderly, Wynch.

5 votes are needed for a conviction or to go to night.

2 votes for Botley (Wynch, Saltcliffe)
1 vote for Farwynd (Orkwood)
1 vote for Greyjoy (Merlyn)
1 vote for Merlyn (Farwynd)
1 vote for Saltcliffe (Stonetree)
1 vote for Stonetree (Botley)

2 players have not voted: Greyjoy, Sunderly.

Well, Greyjoy seems to be most reliable lynch for now. Am I happy with this? Yes. There is a case, not ideal even for day 1, but still, we have nothing better.
Most likely, we have two killers among us (three would be overkil and one would mean we couldn't access anything by investigation connections), so we can afford two innocent lynches before losing. Good enough position.
So, [b]Greyjoy[/b], for case made already.

[quote name='House Botley' post='1535549' date='Sep 29 2008, 13.15']Well, Greyjoy seems to be most reliable lynch for now. Am I happy with this? Yes. There is a case, not ideal even for day 1, but still, we have nothing better.
Most likely, we have two killers among us (three would be overkil and one would mean we couldn't access anything by investigation connections), so we can afford two innocent lynches before losing. Good enough position.
So, [b]Greyjoy[/b], for case made already.[/quote]
What case is that? How do you figure Greyjoy is the most reliable lynch?

I'm glad I voted you before.

It is day 1.

9 players remain: Botley, Farwynd, Greyjoy, Merlyn, Orkwood, Saltcliffe, Stonetree, Sunderly, Wynch.

5 votes are needed for a conviction or to go to night.

2 votes for Botley (Wynch, Saltcliffe)
2 votes for Greyjoy (Merlyn, Botley)
1 vote for Farwynd (Orkwood)
1 vote for Merlyn (Farwynd)
1 vote for Saltcliffe (Stonetree)

2 players have not voted: Greyjoy, Sunderly.

Botley: has made 3 posts, one RP vote, one RP statement and the vote on Greyjoy. I am not sure of the “case” on Greyjoy that he is talking about and it is not linked or quoted. This puts him in the position of going for an easy target I think, and therefore he gets added to my “willing to vote” list.

Wynch: I really didn’t like his RP of his first few posts. More than a few FM have done this. I don’t like the reason he voted just before leaving either. He has no substance as of yet. He’s goes on my willing to vote list, but in last place.

Farwynd: While I didn’t care overly much for his RP vote (the explaining that it was elaborate joke) I am satisfied with his responses and don’t think I’d vote him today.

would vote for: Stonetree, Orkwood, Botley (in any order) and Wynch last

no read on: Greyjoy

wouldn't be too happy to vote for: Merlyn, Saltcliffe or Farwynd.

Why don’t we start the train on [b]Botley[/b] rolling and see where it heads?

[quote name='House Sunderly' post='1535519' date='Sep 29 2008, 09.57']Not really liking Stonetree. He has one post where he accuses Saltcliffe of being too agressive.[/quote]

Did you even read my post? I explained why I would only have one post until then. As far as I'm concerned, starting a game starting well before one of the players has told the mods they would be available is a reasonable excuse for not posting. And Saltcliffe...I don't know, I just had a bad feeling about him, like his many day 1 posts seemed a little forced. There wasn't much else to go on at the time, although I'll be the first one to admit that first impressions can be wrong.

So, on to the harder questions:

1) Merlyn- Why vote for Greyjoy (for pressure) over Farwynd, if you're suspicious of Farwynd? Greyjoy was the one who said they wouldn't be able to post during the U.S. day...which is exactly when you began to apply pressure. Are you trying to pressure Farwynd or Greyjoy with that move?

2) Farwynd- What's wrong with your sense of joking? Your sarcasm is a bit too subtle for everyone, it seems, with regard to voting for Greyjoy for removing a vote on his partner. Greyjoy was so forgettable that everyone forgot who he was voting for in the first place, so your "joke" fell flat. So, since I find it so hard to tell the difference between your sarcasm and non-sarcasm, do you actually think Saltcliffe and Merlyn are acting useless and spewing out a bunch of obvious statements hoping we would think they were contributing...or was that not serious either?

3) Sunderly- Why are you going after Orkwood, but not Merlyn or Saltcliffe, when Orkwood was the first to bring the Greyjoy/Farwynd theory to everyone's attention? The only difference I can see between Orkwood and the other two is style; Orkwood does everything less aggressively than the other two. Aside from that, I'm suspicious that you're so suspicious of him.

Just some questions I wouldn't mind getting answers to before changing my vote.

[quote name='House Stonetree' post='1535596' date='Sep 29 2008, 13.52']3) Sunderly- Why are you going after Orkwood, but not Merlyn or Saltcliffe, when Orkwood was the first to bring the Greyjoy/Farwynd theory to everyone's attention? The only difference I can see between Orkwood and the other two is style; Orkwood does everything less aggressively than the other two. Aside from that, I'm suspicious that you're so suspicious of him.

Just some questions I wouldn't mind getting answers to before changing my vote.[/quote]

Yes, I read it. I knew you wouldn't be here and I wanted it clear my thoughts were based on just one post, therefore the least well reasoned of my placements.

I'm not exactly "going after" Orkwood, just saying he's on my radar and if the train heads that way, I have no problem joining it. I did not like the Greyjoy/Farwynd case. Thought it was beyond silly. Might be different if it was not Farwynd Greyjoy had his vote on. The passive style is way to easy to hide in. I certainly prefer agressive posters (except when they are being agressive towards me of course ;) ) Don't think I am overly agressive myself, but I am more definate in my reasons.

[quote name='House Stonetree' post='1535596' date='Sep 29 2008, 13.52']Did you even read my post? I explained why I would only have one post until then. As far as I'm concerned, starting a game starting well before one of the players has told the mods they would be available is a reasonable excuse for not posting. And Saltcliffe...I don't know, I just had a bad feeling about him, like his many day 1 posts seemed a little forced. There wasn't much else to go on at the time, although I'll be the first one to admit that first impressions can be wrong.[/quote]
I've been active and placed myself in the forefront...is that what you have a problem with? What type of player do you think would most likely get investigated N1? What type of player do you think would most likely get NKed N1?

[quote name='House Stonetree' post='1535596' date='Sep 29 2008, 13.52']1) Merlyn- Why vote for Greyjoy (for pressure) over Farwynd, if you're suspicious of Farwynd? Greyjoy was the one who said they wouldn't be able to post during the U.S. day...which is exactly when you began to apply pressure. Are you trying to pressure Farwynd or Greyjoy with that move?[/quote]
Good point. He said, "Saltcliffe, in the meanwhile you can torture Farwynd, if you want to. ;)" Nice of him to "pressure" the person that is gone and leave it to someone else to badger the present target.

[quote name='House Stonetree' post='1535596' date='Sep 29 2008, 13.52']2) Farwynd- What's wrong with your sense of joking? Your sarcasm is a bit too subtle for everyone, it seems, with regard to voting for Greyjoy for removing a vote on his partner. Greyjoy was so forgettable that everyone forgot who he was voting for in the first place, so your "joke" fell flat. So, since I find it so hard to tell the difference between your sarcasm and non-sarcasm, do you actually think Saltcliffe and Merlyn are acting useless and spewing out a bunch of obvious statements hoping we would think they were contributing...or was that not serious either?[/quote]
Frankly, Farwynd rubs me the wrong way. However, I don't think an FM would do the "elaborate joke vote" maneuver.

[quote name='House Stonetree' post='1535596' date='Sep 29 2008, 13.52']3) Sunderly- Why are you going after Orkwood, but not Merlyn or Saltcliffe, when Orkwood was the first to bring the Greyjoy/Farwynd theory to everyone's attention? The only difference I can see between Orkwood and the other two is style; Orkwood does everything less aggressively than the other two. Aside from that, I'm suspicious that you're so suspicious of him.[/quote]
Is that seriously the only difference you can see? Seriously?

Why aren't you suspicious of Merlyn for his suspicion of Orkwood? How is Orkwood's post about Greyjoy/Farwynd relevant to suspecting Merlyn or me?

[quote name='House Stonetree' post='1535596' date='Sep 29 2008, 13.52']2) Farwynd- What's wrong with your sense of joking? Your sarcasm is a bit too subtle for everyone, it seems, with regard to voting for Greyjoy for removing a vote on his partner. Greyjoy was so forgettable that everyone forgot who he was voting for in the first place, so your "joke" fell flat.[/quote]

Well, you could have looked back to see who I was accusing Greyjoy of being partnered with, but whatever. So I'm not funny. Sue me.

[quote]So, since I find it so hard to tell the difference between your sarcasm and non-sarcasm, do you actually think Saltcliffe and Merlyn are acting useless and spewing out a bunch of obvious statements hoping we would think they were contributing...or was that not serious either?[/quote]

Merlyn yes (or enough for a day one vote at any rate), Saltcliffe less so in general (though the post Merlyn was quoting was pretty much an "obvious statement" of the kind that tend to appear phony to me). I guess it's the kind of thing which one might grant a pass on day one if he felt so inclined, but as it happens I didn't.

I'll go have a look what's up with Botley and Greyjoy (I hope it isn't my "case").

[quote name='House Saltcliffe' post='1535621' date='Sep 29 2008, 11.09']Why aren't you suspicious of Merlyn for his suspicion of Orkwood? How is Orkwood's post about Greyjoy/Farwynd relevant to suspecting Merlyn or me?[/quote]

I actually am suspicious of Merlyn for that reason too...I just forgot he had said that in addition to some of his other suspicious things, and that it wasn't just Sunderly who thought like that.

I dunno, a small part of me is wondering about the possibility of Sunderly/Merlyn. I have some convoluted logic that supports that idea, in addition to the main reason of 'I don't like either of these people much, so they must be partners.' ;)

That was very quick. Presumably what's wrong with them is that they post extremely little. The case against Greyjoy that Botley refers to I'm not sure of either. I really hope it isn't mine. It may not have been a funny joke, but I specifically stated it was one at the beginning of the paragraph.

[quote name='House Farwynd' post='1535652' date='Sep 29 2008, 14.28']Well, you could have looked back to see who I was accusing Greyjoy of being partnered with, but whatever. So I'm not funny. Sue me.[/quote]
Consider yourself sued. ;)

[quote name='House Farwynd' post='1535652' date='Sep 29 2008, 14.28']I'll go have a look what's up with Botley and Greyjoy (I hope it isn't my "case").[/quote]
I would guess it is this:
[quote name='House Merlyn' post='1535179' date='Sep 29 2008, 10.03']I agree with Farwynd that Greyjoy's behaviour is somewhat suspicious. We had this discussion about removing votes when it is completely unneccessary before, so I know it is possible that innocents do that shit. However, I will never understand why they're doing this.
Some pressure on
[b]Greyjoy [/b]
wouldn't be too bad IMO. Saltcliffe, in the meanwhile you can torture Farwynd, if you want to. ;)
(although Orkwood still makes an impressive effort to avoid too much attention :unsure: )[/quote]
Which does allude to your 'case'. At any rate, blindly jumping on a bandwagon and calling this stuff cases doesn't look very good.

[quote name='House Stonetree' post='1535656' date='Sep 29 2008, 14.29']I actually am suspicious of Merlyn for that reason too...I just forgot he had said that in addition to some of his other suspicious things, and that it wasn't just Sunderly who thought like that.[/quote]
What makes you feel so good about Orkwood? If I said I was suspicious of Orkwood would you be more suspicious of me?
[quote name='House Stonetree' post='1535656' date='Sep 29 2008, 14.29']I dunno, a small part of me is wondering about the possibility of Sunderly/Merlyn. I have some convoluted logic that supports that idea, in addition to the main reason of 'I don't like either of these people much, so they must be partners.' ;)[/quote]
I thought I was your number one least favorite :(. Not even top two? :pouts:

[quote name='House Farwynd' post='1535676' date='Sep 29 2008, 14.35']That was very quick. Presumably what's wrong with them is that they post extremely little. The case against Greyjoy that Botley refers to I'm not sure of either. I really hope it isn't mine. It may not have been a funny joke, but I specifically stated it was one at the beginning of the paragraph.[/quote]
It was rather unclear. Although even if it was clear I'm not sure it would have drew more than a slight smile. It's ok, we all still love you.

[quote name='House Saltcliffe' post='1535304' date='Sep 29 2008, 11.05']My point is you are pushing a specific idea that is weak while ignoring others it seems.

That isn't a very solid defense by the way.[/quote]

It wasn't a defense, it was a mixture of :stunned: and :P

I think it's funny that people accuse me of pressuring those who are not there while I am not there. :rolleyes:

I like the place where my vote is. What has Greyjoy done so far:

1) Lots of RP

2) Disappearing

3) Removing his vote before disappearing

I don't like people who don't contribute, who are gone for the rest of the day and who don't even dare to give us a little commitment by voting someone.

I will answer a few other posts in a minute (a long minute).

[quote name='House Farwynd' post='1535386' date='Sep 29 2008, 11.41']I don't know what's more useless here, Saltcliffe's post or your own [b]Merlyn[/b]. Yeah, we've got 9 players and we lynch one every night and if we don't lynch right we'll eventually lose (and yeah, everyone should participate and post lots). Any more pearls of wisdom you two want to share?[/quote]

If you think it is useless to motivate others to participate, you clearly have another concept of mafia than me. And giving the finder useful advice isn't that bad either.

[quote name='House Merlyn' post='1535782' date='Sep 29 2008, 15.14']I like the place where my vote is. What has Greyjoy done so far:

1) Lots of RP[/quote]
2 Posts.
[quote name='House Merlyn' post='1535782' date='Sep 29 2008, 15.14']2) Disappearing[/quote]
Said they went to bed about 14 hours ago. I'd imagine they'll be back soonish.
[quote name='House Merlyn' post='1535782' date='Sep 29 2008, 15.14']3) Removing his vote before disappearing[/quote]
Why is removing a joke vote a problem? If they don't come back soon, I'll get annoyed, however you seem to be a little overly concerned with them here. If I wasn't as happy as I am with my vote on Botley, I'd move my vote to you I think.

Archived