Mafia 57.5

Shadowbaby

[quote name='House Orkwood' post='1537471' date='Sep 30 2008, 15.26']About the partner slip I should say that, I was being accused of defending my possible partner by claiming that I like active users, I actually was talking about you in that post, it was a reread on you that Merlyn commented on it. so I said I was defending you because I said I liked active players, so if you and I are partners we are just RIs because our CF has investigated you.[/quote]
I'm not following. Where did anyone ever suggest that we were partners? I'm not buying.
[quote name='House Orkwood' post='1537471' date='Sep 30 2008, 15.26']Apart from that, I thought you didnt like people copy pasting others thoughts? You just copy pasted Merlyn's post saying I give outlandish statements? So much for original thinking?[/quote]
Is that really how you are going to defend yourself? Lashing back at a VPI? In fact, I didn't copy and paste that and it isn't a significant part of the case on you anyway.
[quote name='House Orkwood' post='1537471' date='Sep 30 2008, 15.26']I was rereading players when Wynch revealed, I couldnt believe him right away, so I said we are in a tight spot, because after my vote on him he revealed as a CF so what should I have said?[/quote] He revealed as finder, not CF.

[quote name='House Orkwood' post='1537485' date='Sep 30 2008, 15.31']You practice jumping on the bandwagon as a hobby it seems?
Where I have defended him? give me a solid evidence of that Mr.Experienced?[/quote]
I'll happily point that out to you, [url="http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?s=&showtopic=31189&view=findpost&p=1536433"]here[/url] and [url="http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?s=&showtopic=31189&view=findpost&p=1536048"]here[/url]. Also, it's a two way street.

Calling this bandwagon jumping is just ignorant. Sunderly was more negative about you yesterday than I was, and both Farwynd and he posted about you today before I did. You are really grapsing at straws.

[quote name='House Orkwood' post='1537485' date='Sep 30 2008, 15.31']You claim to be an experienced player while you keep jumping on the bandwagon and hiding behind other players thought![/quote]
He's given a lot more thoughts than you have. He may be lacking in evidence at times, however he's been pretty consistent in what he has said thus far.
[quote name='House Orkwood' post='1537485' date='Sep 30 2008, 15.31']Sorry man but you just blew it by this comment, now Im very suspicious of you.[/quote]
I'd be interested to read whatever you come up with.

[quote name='House Sunderly' post='1537515' date='Sep 30 2008, 14.48']Get your facts straight before you fly off the handle next time Orkwood. I mentioned you were my suspect 3 times before Saltcliffe's case.[/quote]
You only mentioned you never voted for me not once, but the moment you see someone else votes for you come and vote for me.

[quote name='House Orkwood' post='1537521' date='Sep 30 2008, 15.53']Re-read on possible Sunderly and Farwynd partnership
Stealing others thoughts and accusing Merlyn of FMish behavior.
The first time he mentions Farwynd, he says he likes and wont vote for him, nice defense.
When sees Farwynd may be in danger just dismisses any possibility by saying the idea was silly.
Again Farwynd is on his innocent list, well I dont know about you but if one defense is enough for him to accuse me of being Botely's partner while we dont even know if Stonetree , here we have more than enough to take him as a partner to Farwynd.[/quote]
Um, try pointing out how [i]one[/i] person looks guilty before trying to prove a partnership. This case did nothing for me. Farwynd wasn't in danger at any point yesterday. Defending other players is not the sole basis of a partnership. I'm sure I could be feasibly connected to a few people while I clearly am not.

[quote name='House Orkwood' post='1537523' date='Sep 30 2008, 15.55']Over Reaction? Dude I had 3 votes before Saltcliffe removed his vote on me and that meant I needed only one vote to be lynched and right now Im 50% through so dont tell me Im overreacting.[/quote]
You attacked your attackers (including me) and tried to descredit them, posted exaggerations and fabrications, etc. etc. None of what you've done recently makes me think you are innocent at all. Not a single move.

[quote name='House Saltcliffe' post='1537535' date='Sep 30 2008, 15.02']Um, try pointing out how [i]one[/i] person looks guilty before trying to prove a partnership. This case did nothing for me. Farwynd wasn't in danger at any point yesterday. Defending other players is not the sole basis of a partnership. I'm sure I could be feasibly connected to a few people while I clearly am not.

You attacked your attackers (including me) and tried to descredit them, posted exaggerations and fabrications, etc. etc. None of what you've done recently makes me think you are innocent at all. Not a single move.[/quote]
Ah btw, I was being accused of partnership with stonetree and I read it Saltcliffe lol my bad on that matter, I should read the posts more carefully.
I attacked you because you were using a bad logic what you yourself didnt approve of against, but I guess when we want to lynch someone we lynch him anyway.
I have to go now. Im at my friend's and he insists we go out.

[quote name='House Orkwood' post='1537547' date='Sep 30 2008, 16.14']Ah btw, I was being accused of partnership with stonetree and I read it Saltcliffe lol my bad on that matter, I should read the posts more carefully.
I attacked you because you were using a bad logic what you yourself didnt approve of against, but I guess when we want to lynch someone we lynch him anyway.
I have to go now. Im at my friend's and he insists we go out.[/quote]
I was using bad logic?

Well, most likely this was your last post in this game. I don't feel bad about that.

So...I admit I could be wrong about Orkwood, I only had a positive impression of him early on day 1, and it's quickly gone downhill since then. I guess I just perceived Sunderly and Merlyn as picking on a weak target. Confession: I initially thought both Sunderly and Merlyn were innocent based purely on...um..."gut feeling"...but then the potential connection between them got in the way.

And yes Sunderly, I do sometimes use agreement as a basis for thinking someone is innocent, but on the other hand, I'm often wrong, so I can't just trust that everyone who agrees with me is innocent, and everyone who disagrees with me is evil.

The thing that has made me suspect you less is actually your stubbornness about providing evidence, along with your Botley vote reasoning, which I thought was pretty good.

Speaking of Merlyn, where is he? He's been uncharacteristically quiet today.

Re: Orkwood, although I don't like him, I think it's possible he could have meant 'partner' as in 'person who I would most likely be partnered with under X theory'...but it doesn't make a lot of sense. I'm just bringing it up as an alternate theory before I probably vote for him. :P

hey everybody, just got home. i noticed alot of accusations on Orkwood so i thought id do a reread on him.
first off, in the beginning he seemd to be pretty defensive for no real good reason. then he goes on to defend Stonetree and called him his partner, but later claims that he was talking about Saltcliffe. he did need only one more vote to be lynched so i can see why he panicked a little, but im still not sure... im feeling pretty suspicious but not enough to cast a vote just yet

well on reading stonetree, his first post was explaining his lateness which is fine and saying he doesnt like Saltcliffe for aggressiveness. next he defends orkwood and then makes a joke/theory about a partnership between sunderly and merlyn. then another joke vote about the death scene and then an attack on sunderly. now he is saying he doesnt like orkwood and is defending merlyn and sunderly, altho i can see where hes coming from with the whole not being sure of someones innocence conversation. im not really sure what to think but the 2 things i can think of are that ur either 1. a FM trying to make the best of everyone being ok with lynching Orkwood or 2. u honestly thought Orkwood was an innocent and had a good reason to be suspicous of Merlyn/Sunderly. im kind of 60%: 40% on this so ill have to think it over

It is day 2.

7 players remain: Farwynd, Merlyn, Orkwood, Saltcliffe, Stonetree, Sunderly, Wynch.

4 votes are needed for a conviction or to go to night.

2 votes for Orkwood (Sunderly, Farwynd)
1 vote for Sunderly (Orkwood)

4 players have not voted: Merlyn, Saltcliffe, Stonetree, Wynch.

i agree with Farwynds last few posts about Merlyn, but i dont suspect him as much as Orkwood and Stonetree. Id have to put him at third on my lynch list.im also pretty confident in farwynd and sunderly as innocents, but i dont know if im convinced. i have to go but ill be back soon

[quote name='House Stonetree' post='1537567' date='Sep 30 2008, 15.28']Re: Orkwood, although I don't like him, I think it's possible he could have meant 'partner' as in 'person who I would most likely be partnered with under X theory'...but it doesn't make a lot of sense. I'm just bringing it up as an alternate theory before I probably vote for him. :P[/quote]
The theory was that Im partnered with you because I defended you very mildly, I read it as being partnered with Saltcliffe so I said that "well being partnered with an innocent means Im not evil".

[quote name='House Wynch' post='1537574' date='Sep 30 2008, 15.30']hey everybody, just got home. i noticed alot of accusations on Orkwood so i thought id do a reread on him.
first off, in the beginning he seemd to be pretty defensive for no real good reason. then he goes on to defend Stonetree and called him his partner, but later claims that he was talking about Saltcliffe. he did need only one more vote to be lynched so i can see why he panicked a little, but im still not sure... im feeling pretty suspicious but not enough to cast a vote just yet[/quote]
You read it the opposite way, I thought they were saying Im partnered with Saltcliffe, while the post was actually claiming Im partnered with Stonetree hence the confusion.

Im happy atleast someone is not interested only in the most loved theory ( me being a FM) and actually tries to consider other possibilities.

[quote name='House Orkwood' post='1537685' date='Sep 30 2008, 17.38']The theory was that Im partnered with you because I defended you very mildly, I read it as being partnered with Saltcliffe so I said that "well being partnered with an innocent means Im not evil".[/quote]
Wrong. It would simply mean that we weren't partners, there would be no further meaning for you.

[quote name='House Orkwood' post='1537695' date='Sep 30 2008, 17.42']Im happy atleast someone is not interested only in the most loved theory ( me being a FM) and actually tries to consider other possibilities.[/quote]
If I didn't want to consider other people you'd be dead right now. As it is, you'll get a few more hours. You can either try to keep defending yourself and clear your record (I'd suggest factchecking first this time and trying to look objectively) or post who you think is suspicious [i]individually[/i].

I am back, but I see not a lot has happened.

Orkwood dear, other people have looked at other people besides you. I list Stonetree after you and Merlyn after him. It is hard when you feel you are being attacked, but please do try to look at all the other post. Maybe even come up with a better option?

edit: :rolleyes: Don't even tell my I am channeling Saltcliffe today.

Okay folks, I skimmed the thread and I still have to sort all the things that have happened. I also have to make a day 1 reread yet.

Not sure about that Orkwood case. While I like the arguments, I am also considering his reactions as genuinely pissed. Have to reread him again, apparently.

I am more worried about Sunderly's behaviour. Mainly because he has avoided to piss in the shoes of the big boys so far. Have to reread him again.

I personally liked yesterdays Stonetree better than todays. He looks somehow spacy today. It could be that he is an lazy FM who is waiting for an opportunity.

Leaves Farwynd. Has played a solid game so far, but he has been acting very carefully IMO despite his aggressiveness. If he is an FM, I wonder if we are able to lynch him. I will look for some possible connections. It really sucks that there is no CF to make a deeper analysis.

Ok, these are my first impressions. I will hopefully be able to post some more stuff on orkwood and Sunderly before I go to bed, since these two are apparently todays choices.

Archived