Erepublik 3

Guy Kilmore

[quote name='Callum' post='1562514' date='Oct 21 2008, 07.42']First I have to decide between the US and the UK. Looking at it just before, I'm leaning towards UK now. Better exchange rate, and it seems like a lot more companies will be requiring it some time soon... Were you still ok to spot some of the funds? You can if you want, hopefully with whatever currency we get, we'll get a lot of gold. I'll buy some THB straight away and try to get people by paying decent wages, and put some of the rest on the money exchange - get a lot more money out of it.

ETA: Just realised, the ones in the UK are quality 2 or 3, so back to the US...[/quote]
I just donated you 15g. This runs through alot of my rainy day gold. So good times.

YW, how much iron do you go through a day?

Guy, we're soon to have the cheapest iron on the US market place - 1000 at 2 USD. If anyone buys it, that's 43ish gold, so you'll get it back in time for that rainy day.

[quote name='Callum' post='1563667' date='Oct 22 2008, 09.19']I don't think anyone will for quite some time... Try selling them elsewhere if you can.[/quote]

And of course now ThaiWoods has 4 employees cranking out the planks!

So, I need to invest in an export License....

What's the best way to find a country that actually needs wood now...

[quote name='Callum' post='1563397' date='Oct 22 2008, 00.10']YW, how much iron do you go through a day?

Guy, we're soon to have the cheapest iron on the US market place - 1000 at 2 USD. If anyone buys it, that's 43ish gold, so you'll get it back in time for that rainy day.[/quote]

Considering Im my only employee...um...not much. Im still around 2500 stock. Though now that Im Q3, Im starting to make some good cash by undercutting the hell out of the other Q3 company.

ETA: I wonder how Anatole is doing in the US market with his travel company? He hasnt posted an update so I wonder how its working out.

The game is growing. Hold onto those resource companies. Callum. The money back is nice, but we can look at build some more export licenses for our other resource industries. (Espicially if Iron is going that fast). Do you want me to leave the food company and jump over to the iron? I do have the highest resource skill in eThailand. (I actually think in the eWorld. Or I am close to it.) I am thinking if I get that 20g back to just set-up an oil company and have it available. If we can start pumping money in, we can start jacking up our wages and be more competitive.

[quote name='Guy Kilmore' post='1564376' date='Oct 22 2008, 17.59']I am thinking if I get that 20g back to just set-up an oil company and have it available. If we can start pumping money in, we can start jacking up our wages and be more competitive.[/quote]
As said, I've got 20g that I don't know what to do with.

SLP, to find a country that needs wood, go into the market place. Up the top you can select the country, quality level and good. Remember to set quality to all, nearly got caught out on that in the UK. See which countries don't have much wood on the market, and the price it's going for. If it looks good (check the monetary market to see how much gold you'd make), check the housing companies for that country and see if they're close to running out of stock. Probably a good thought to check under economic info whether they have an import tax.

Guy, that would probably be a good idea, we'll be much more productive. Remember that if you set up a company, you may struggle to find people for it. One interesting thing I noticed is that you can pick country in 'companies for sale', and I'm pretty sure it stays where it is. But I guess the attractive thing about companies in Thailand is the crappy exchange rate enabling huge profits.

[quote name='Shadowbaby' post='1564472' date='Oct 22 2008, 19.05']As said, I've got 20g that I don't know what to do with.[/quote]
Hold on to it. I might ask for a loan for an exporting license.

Callum,
I will switch over tomorrow. Yeah, I know. I'd figure if we are going to corner the Thai resource market, no one has an oil company as of yet and lots of moving will be going on once wars start.

Everyone else,
Until I get some Thai dough. I have gold to help futher economic expansion into other companies.

[quote name='Lord of Oop North' post='1564514' date='Oct 22 2008, 20.02']This is awful. I can't even find a job in manufacturing for 25% of my former wage.[/quote]
That is because you aren't in Thailand where the hookers are transexual, our political leader can't string a sentence together to save his eLife and the veneration of everything Martin is an underground political movement.

[quote name='Apollo2113' post='1564622' date='Oct 22 2008, 20.46']I wouldn't mind investing some gold into ownership of a resource company, I'm now working for a norwegian wood company, slowly getting my skill up. Just toss me a PM in game or reply here if anyone's interested.[/quote]

But isn't it good, Norwegian wood? :unsure:

Who owns Glass Garden Grain? If I have a skill of 1.75, can I get paid like...at least 2 THB? 'Cause I need to eat.

Archived