The Office

Aemon Stark

Overall, I like the episode. But the dancing at the end I thought was ridiculous and stupid. My husband turned to me and asked what was going on and I told him, "I think they just jumped the shark." Could have done without it.

I'm on the fence about this. At first I thought it was just a lame way for the writers to rip something off of youtube.

Then I begin to think about the parkour opening a few episodes ago and that this is a bit of payback to Jim for turning Michael and Dwight on to viral internet sensations.

Also, it's another example of Jim and Pam not being able to control the insanity of the Scranton branch as a whole. In the end they just smile, realize it's done not to hurt them but because they are somehow a family with the branch, so they take their mental snapshots of the deal and take some pride in everyone being nutso.

maybe that's reading too much into it. But it was fun anyway.

Overall, I like the episode. But the dancing at the end I thought was ridiculous and stupid. My husband turned to me and asked what was going on and I told him, "I think they just jumped the shark." Could have done without it.

The highlight of the show for me was Dwight's wolf t-shirt.

See I loved it the dance and the shirt for the same reason. A nod to pop culture phenomemons.

The

was really something that Jim's cheesy brothers would arrange, and the T shirt was just awesome. Dwight is Threee Wolf Moon.

(I admit I bought the shirt a couple of months back after reading the reviews.)

Agreed. The long dance montage interspersed with the cheesy elopement was weak and felt self-indulgent. The joke about parkour on youtube was one thing, but now the youtube in-joke has been over played.

Good episode over-all though.

I was hoping for Andy to pursue Erin or Kelly to inject something more than Jim & Pam and Michael. After Phyllis' wedding, Michael's schtick was too predictable (but at least toned down this time).

Dwight was the improbable lady-killer again. It reminded me of the time he and Michael met Ryan in Manhattan to go to a club.

Kevin and Oscar had a funny bit that I didn't expect.

i wanted kevin to hook up with pam's sister.

thought it was pretty god, didnt really mind the cheese. i liked the Niagra Falls wedding, and their ability to not care at the "real" wedding. Snap shot moments were also endearing.

The Maid of the Mist wedding was a nice nod/response to the Booze Cruise episode of season two(?) where the suggestion is made that the perpetually engaged Roy and Pam finally get married by the captain since they are out on the water.

Dwight is Threee Wolf Moon.

(I admit I bought the shirt a couple of months back after reading the reviews.)

:rofl: :lol:

Those reviews are *awesome*.

Pretty good episode. Everyone was in top form. The ending went on, maybe, a little too long, but overall the dancing was a nice balance of cheese and sentimentality.

I had no idea what the dancing part was, so I found it adorable, a chance for the actors to be a little silly and still progress the story. Were the moves they were doing direct rip-offs as well? And when did that song become a youtube sensation?

Overall, I liked the episode. Jim continues to get dumber, but at least they didn't have it completely implode the episode. I like a sitcom that doesn't mind giving you "Aww..." moments every now and then and Jim-Pam's wedding needed to be one of those. I thought giving that moment and also the ridiculous wedding moment was well done.

• 4 weeks later...

No love for The Office lately? I thought this week's episode was one of the better ones this season. Dwight and Andy frantically trying to one-up each other in politeness and amiability so that the other would "owe me one" was really funny, but my favorite part was when Toby went to see Pam after it became known she would punch Michael later in the day. For a few instants I thought he was going to tell Pam it was against company rules to punch one's superior, and generally try to talk her out of it. Instead, he gives her tips on how to hit Michael harder! Go Toby! :lol:

Dwight and Andy frantically trying to one-up each other in politeness and amiability so that the other would "owe me one" was really funny,

I have to disagree on this one. This insanity got old three minutes into the episode, although the resolution with the gift card was pretty funny. This to me shows laziness on the part of the writers to fill the 23 minutes with a solid B plot line to compliment the A plot line of Michael, Jim, Pam, Pam's mom. Latch on to one joke and grind it into the ground is tedious

but my favorite part was when Toby went to see Pam after it became known she would punch Michael later in the day. For a few instants I thought he was going to tell Pam it was against company rules to punch one's superior, and generally try to talk her out of it. Instead, he gives her tips on how to hit Michael harder! Go Toby! :lol:

This, on the other hand, was great. Short, to the point, and there was no need for any explanation why Toby was teaching Pam better technique. This to me shows the writers respect that the audience is smart enough to get the joke that Toby is using Pam as a proxy for his inner rage toward Michael.

By the end of the episode I was ready for some 30 Rock.

I have to disagree on this one. This insanity got old three minutes into the episode, although the resolution with the gift card was pretty funny. This to me shows laziness on the part of the writers to fill the 23 minutes with a solid B plot line to compliment the A plot line of Michael, Jim, Pam, Pam's mom. Latch on to one joke and grind it into the ground is tedious

I see what you mean, but I still enjoyed it. Still, I admit I would have liked finding out more about one of Creed's comments - IIRC, something about there not being supposed to be a delivery truck coming in that day. I often get the feeling that Creed has some sort of shady, secret scheme going on...

Oh, and I forgot to mention in my previous post Michael breaking up with Pam's mother because he learned she was 59 instead of the 54 he believed her to be. I find it weird that he enjoys dating someone 10 years older than himself, but not 15 years older, but hey, that's Michael Scott. Still, I really liked Carrell's performance - when he learns the truth, you can see him recoil and his expression flatten, and I knew then and there that he was about to dump Pam's mother. And that just when Pam had finally come to accept and even approve of the relationship. Perfect timing as usual, Michael. :P

Anyone see this week's episode? I had low expectations coming in because Community had been soundly trouncing The Office in recent weeks...largely because it made The Office appear like it's trying too hard with its jokes that weren't that funny by comparison. Really felt like the Office reached its peak at Jim and Pam's wedding but since then, it's been steadily downhill. Most of all think the Co-Managership forcing Jim to be the serious counterweight to wacky Michael hasn't worked. And it's actually been a little irritating. The show was always better with a looser Jim.

But found myself laughing out loud throughout this week's episode. The Murder Mystery game brought out a lot of funny in the characters. Everything Kevin did made me laugh this week and Creed's one moment cracks me up just thinking about it. Even the Andy-Erin plotline had moments that worked for me. The fact that there was also something meaningful occurring behind the scenes also helped. Brought back some forward momentum and allowed for a kind of bittersweet ending.

Jaime, I think this episode was one that tried way too hard, but had a few bright spots.

1. I damn near fell of the couch at Kevin's comment about the Swedish Chef: ""He lives on Sesame Street, dumbass."

2. The Andy/Erin thing was kind of sweet, but in the long run neither of them is that interesting from a plot perspective.

3. Jim realizing Michael is sort of right in diverting attention with the murder mystery game. But seriously, this dichotomy of Jim/Michael's management styles is already getting a bit dry. Jim wants to work, but thinks Michael's methods are nuts, but then Jim realizes that Michael's kooky methods have their place. Got it.

4. Creed's car kicks ass. The trunk is where the bodies are, for sure.

3. Jim realizing Michael is sort of right in diverting attention with the murder mystery game. But seriously, this dichotomy of Jim/Michael's management styles is already getting a bit dry. Jim wants to work, but thinks Michael's methods are nuts, but then Jim realizes that Michael's kooky methods have their place. Got it.

Well, this time Jim did have a valid reason for putting up with Michael's hijinks - preventing people from questioning him too closely about exactly what Wallace said during their conversation.

I enjoyed the ep. I laughed so hard I had to pause and back up the DVR when Kevin brought up the swedish chef. and Creed was note perfect in his cameo.

Creed trivia -- I found out the other day (though random youtube/wiki links) that Creed Barton is/was the Lead Guitarist for the Grass Roots. "Midnight Confessions" has always been a staple in my play lists. Just thought I'd throw some randomness out there today.

Archived