Irish Meet in 2006

Conor

Hi Everyone. Happy New Year.

I know it is early but I am just wondering if anyone would like to meet up sometime this year. It doesn't have to be Dublin though I know it is handy. There are other places, such as Galway.

Anyway I am flexible with regards both time and place.

All the best,

Conor.

• 1 month later...
*Heavily relying on Sean due to sensible non-Barry state*

Has never and will never happen! You are doomed to be a gobshite at all times and forever.

I on the other hand will be having a sensible 80 or so pints and will be a pillar of.......well, just a pillar!

Aoife, does that mean you're coming over?

Pod, Paddy and Connor - get your arses over too!!!!

Ummm, I'll probably be avoiding Dublin St. Patrick's weekend. I fear that like New York, it's a day for amateur drunks, and I turned pro decades ago.

If I am in Ireland that weekend, we're headed for Clare, most likely.

But I do want to have a meet in Dublin, so let's see what we can do about dates and locations.

Yes, I said 'if'. Every time I think I've just about gotten a room cleared out, another part of the tesseract opens and more books and other reading materials or pile of old convention t-shirts pop out.

Besides the weekend of the 17th, which weekends are people available for dinner and some time in a pub or two? Oh, given what happened last time we went looking for dinner way too late, maybe we should agree on a restaurant and make a reservation for a specific time.

I'll probably come into Dublin on a couple of day trips, and usually stay overnight at an airport hotel the night before I leave. Want to do some quality museum time, and of course, there is a certain amount of shopping I am required to do to help with the balance of trade between our nations.

So, what do people have on their schedules during March thru mid-April?

I should be available most weekends if we set it up in advance. So whatever works best for others.

Oh, given what happened last time we went looking for dinner way too late, maybe we should agree on a restaurant and make a reservation for a specific time.

Agreed! :)

And good luck with the packing Parris. Sounds horrendous. Although hopefully you found a few treasures amongst the loot!

Sounds great.

As for myself, I'm on a skiing holiday the week of St. Paddy's Day. I'm not sure when the exact flights are but I think I'm coming back the day after St. Paddy's, but I have no idea what time I'll be in at.

I'll know better next week.

I'm likely to be able to meet up, if you guys meet up at any other time.

It appears that I am likely going to be driving to fair Maigh Eo the morning of the 17th to join in the festivities - coming back on the Sunday - if anyone wants to travel from the Dublin area with me, let me know.

I should be free any weekend between then and mid-April, except the 8th, as I'll be out of town. I wholeheartedly stand behind the idea of making a booking -- and possibly scoping out a pub that has a proper snug, or at least isn't a hotspot, so we can hear ourselves think. (At least it won't be a bank holiday this time, to add to the volume!)

ETA -- aha. Part of why I was planning on the drive was I thought the trains wouldn't be running. Iarnrod Eireann does show trains that day, though, so that's an option too.

Archived