Irish Meet in 2006

Conor

April. definitely April.

Had to re-book my flights, still packing books and t-shirts and books and books and music and, surprisingly, some magazines and books.

So I've re-booked for the trip, April 11 thru May 11, which is all good. I know some of the Irish Bros will be in London that last weekend of my trip, so we'll have to sort out some thing for earlier.

Sigh.

April. definitely April.

Had to re-book my flights, still packing books and t-shirts and books and books and music and, surprisingly, some magazines and books.

So I've re-booked for the trip, April 11 thru May 11, which is all good. I know some of the Irish Bros will be in London that last weekend of my trip, so we'll have to sort out some thing for earlier.

Sigh.

You should hop on a cheap flight over to London for a night or two and come to the London meet Parris. I know everyone would be very glad to see you!! :)

Wow...a good idea from Sean. :P

But April works good Parris. Especially since it looks like we are going to get a wet March to make up for an unusually dry (but cold) February. :) Good luck with the packing!

I know its been a while but I would be on for a 'meet'. I will be in Dublin for a wedding April 7/8 but I can't see myself leaving the Lucan area.

I also have been away for the last 3 weeks so I have to tighten my belt.

However, I wonder if I cant tempt you all with the charms of the South-west. Cork and Killarney are great areas. Lots of things to do.

• 1 month later...

Warn the locals, I'm finally heading out of Santa Fe on Tuesday morning for a month of spoiling Godskids and enjoying the fine and pleasant countryside of Leitrim and Roscommon in what I hope is a glorious month of May.

So, which weekend night are the Irish Bros going to meet me down in Temple Bar for pints and a bowl of stew at Gallagher's? First week in May is out, it's birthday parties all around town, and I suspect a few of the Irish Bros are going over to the EuroCommieBros meet in London, am I right?

Pod has my mobile number, so contact should be easier this time.

WOOOOOOO!!!!

Parris, exhausted and happy to be traveling once more.

(Yes, George won't even notice, he's already back in Westeros).

Great to hear Parris. Just sent you a PM, so hopefully all the rest is sorted out. :)

Weatherwise, things are looking quite good. Over the last 3 weeks we have finally kicked winter goodbye, so hopefully you'll have a good stay. I even heard that May is supposed to be a good month. But considering normal Irish weather, that might be too much to hope for. As long as we avoid the kind of weather you and GRRM got last year, things will be looking up. :)

And indeed, i'm trooping off to London for the first weekend in May. But I should be free anyother selected weekend though, before or afterwards (or during the week too).

And are you suggesting that Leitrim or Roscommon is worse than Wexford Niamh? Admittedly neither place is Tipperary but both are quite nice. ;)

Leitrim and Roscommon???? :o

yup. That's where most of my loved ones live, so I thought I'd spend some time with them. The kids are growing so fast, I want to enjoy some of their childhood with them for more than a few days at a time.

I will come into Dublin for a day trip or two, and will probably spend the last 2 days or so in Dublin before the flight home. We're talking about going down to friends in Clare, or maybe down to Kerry, don't know, dont' really care right now, just looking forward to getting out of town and away from the towering piles of boxes.

You got some sort of problem with Roscommon and Leitrim? Sure, it rains alot, but I like it out there, it's off the beaten tourist tracks except for Carrick. I do admit to a certain satisfaction when tourists come up to me and ask me for directions.

Well, time to get the packing of the clothes, books, shoes and prezzies done. Will check in from time to time to see what's going on, whenever I can get some time on the net.

And are you suggesting that Leitrim or Roscommon is worse than Wexford Niamh? Admittedly neither place is Tipperary but both are quite nice. ;)

See how you are! I didn't say anything :)

Surely nothing is worse than Wexford and everybody knows it? (except we have the sun, and we don't share :P)

I spend enough time in Tipp and Roscommon for racing, and I'll keep my opinion on which is the best ;)

Hmm, Parris, you can take it on Dustin, not me. He's the one with the Leitrim problem :)

Sounds good Parris. Your great escape! So whenever you have a free day in Dublin we can meet. :) I know word has begun to spread to our other brethren here. Should be fine.

Ahhh quoting Dustin, Niamh. You really have been in Ireland a long time. :lol: And isn't it great that Ireland has a lot more to offer than sun? Really. :P

If it didn't, Pod, it'd be an empty place. :P

The only weekend night I know I have something is the 20th, so anytime suits me. I also disclaim all responsibility for picking a pub, after last time's debacle! (Though I still think the snug is quite nice; it's just a matter of getting in there early enough to stake out territory.)

I'm looking for Melisandre's Twisted Sister. If anyone is contact with her, can you please let her know that she needs to get in touch with me otherwise she's in danger of loosing her bed at the hostel.

N

Archived