Hotels for LA Worldcon

Padraig

After surviving London, I got to ask...is anything not kinky in your minds? :P

There must be something. I just can't think of it right now. :P

Just a little heads up for people - If you did as I did and booked up the hilton in LA before you had actually booked, with the intention of changing the dates at a later time, they will not let you keep the $99 room rate when you change. I had to pay the new rate of $109 and I don't doubt that it will go up again, so get your changes in asap.

On the other hand, the Marriott has NOT changed its rates. It's right across the street, which is hardly an inconvenience, party-wise. In fact, from previous experiences at LACons, I can tell you that there will be times when taking an elevator from a Hilton room to the Lanai Deck (where parties will be held) will take more time than getting to the Deck from a room in the Marriott -- the latter will have less crowded elevators, and you can get to the Deck from the Hilton lobby by escalator with no waiting whatsoever!!!

On the other hand, the Marriott has NOT changed its rates. It's right across the street, which is hardly an inconvenience, party-wise. In fact, from previous experiences at LACons, I can tell you that there will be times when taking an elevator from a Hilton room to the Lanai Deck (where parties will be held) will take more time than getting to the Deck from a room in the Marriott -- the latter will have less crowded elevators, and you can get to the Deck from the Hilton lobby by escalator with no waiting whatsoever!!!

Do the stairs not work? I mean, for those few sober moments on my way to getting my state altered.

it is know that altered states must use the elevator...not enough coordination for too many stairs

Do the stairs not work? I mean, for those few sober moments on my way to getting my state altered.

it is known that altered states must use the elevator...not enough coordination for too many stairs

Yep, the stairs work . . . but I don't know what the current hotel management's policy will be on keeping fire towers shut. Sometimes they're deliberately made inaccessible (especially if they're over-used by congoers), which can be a real pain. And stairs are only really useful if you're not too many floors away from the destination...

Yep, the stairs work . . . but I don't know what the current hotel management's policy will be on keeping fire towers shut. Sometimes they're deliberately made inaccessible (especially if they're over-used by congoers), which can be a real pain. And stairs are only really useful if you're not too many floors away from the destination...

weird...most times I've stayed in hotels, it seems they have always been filled with tons of kids who do nothing but ride the elevators us and down...so unless I have my bags and such, I usually just take the stairs...besides, my ass needs the workout ;) With any luck, I'll be too drunk to find the stairs anyway.

I gave Paddy first refusal on my room already, but if he can't make it you'd be welcome, Z. :)

Mormont, I'm taking you up on your offer.

I've just booked my flights.

w00t

Hey everyone.

Seeing as I will be coming aswell, I need too find someone out there who is willing to share a room with me :)

If there is anyone who is actually looking for ekstra people to fill up prebooked rooms, please let me know (yes of course I will pay, duh :D ), but if there are just others out there like me who need to find someone and then book a room, let me know too so we can find somewhere as soon as possible!

If you know the dates you will be there, you can always book a room now and cancel if another comes available. I think you can cancel without penalty right up until a few days before the Con. And there is no deposit to book.

Archived