Goodkind XXXX: Quest for the yeard

Andhaira

[quote name='Exa Inova' post='1546032' date='Oct 7 2008, 10.23']Let me first voice my disappointment at starting a new thread before the old one was done.
We must jump of the cliff collectively as true lemmings.
As for this masterpiece that is the Legend of the Seeker, I will wait patiently and probably will be glad and disappointed that Raimi isnt a complete idiot (aka no odd vines or chickens that arent :cry: )
I still hope for a few almost rapes :drool:[/quote]

What? No, I thought the vine was going to be the opening shot! Like, after the title rolls we see a closeup of the vine, form which the camera slowly pans away and shows richard. :(

How about the part where richie kicks that little girl? Yeah I am sure Disney will be happy to broadcast that...*scratches head*

Ok HOW EXACTLY did disney approve this? I mean I know money talks and they want a fantasy series but come on. And if the books are going to be altered so much from the 'vision' why isn't tairy declining the series? Surely he isn't a hypocritical sellout is he who doesn't give two bits for his 'vision' as long as he is paaid the right amount for it?

[quote name='Andhaira' post='1546131' date='Oct 7 2008, 18.32']What? No, I thought the vine was going to be the opening shot! Like, after the title rolls we see a closeup of the vine, form which the camera slowly pans away and shows richard. :(

How about the part where richie kicks that little girl? Yeah I am sure Disney will be happy to broadcast that...*scratches head*

Ok HOW EXACTLY did disney approve this? I mean I know money talks and they want a fantasy series but come on. And if the books are going to be altered so much from the 'vision' why isn't tairy declining the series? Surely he isn't a hypocritical sellout is he who doesn't give two bits for his 'vision' as long as he is paaid the right amount for it?[/quote]

What you must keep in mind that this story is about The True Path of Life And The Nobleness of the Human Spirit. Destiny has chosen the Yeard as a prophet of these wise and True Learnings.
The form in which this is presented is not the point! As long as SOME vine is shown, as long as there is at least five almost-rapes, the true messages of the Yeard will be conveyed to eager life-choosers for generations to come.

I think we need to accept that Raimi and Disney bought a property. They only needed a setting without doing the legwork of creation. All the names and places already there. A basic premise. Somehow, I suspect O'ism is the furthest thing from their minds and we won't have anything that might resemble SoT.

[quote name='Jaxom 1974' post='1546728' date='Oct 7 2008, 15.15']I think we need to accept that Raimi and Disney bought a property. They only needed a setting without doing the legwork of creation. All the names and places already there. A basic premise. Somehow, I suspect O'ism is the furthest thing from their minds and we won't have anything that might resemble SoT.[/quote]
It's really a win/win situation: if the show sticks to the source material we get to see the horrible derivative shit in action, and hopefully the appalled reaction of viewers across the country; if it deviates from the source material we get to see the angry Yeardites go fucking crazy with righteous rage, which will be totally awesome. Really, we can't lose.

[quote name='Myshkin' post='1546761' date='Oct 7 2008, 17.41']It's really a win/win situation: if the show sticks to the source material we get to see the horrible derivative shit in action, and hopefully the appalled reaction of viewers across the country; if it deviates from the source material we get to see the angry Yeardites go fucking crazy with righteous rage, which will be totally awesome. Really, we can't lose.[/quote]

Touche. :leaving:

[quote name='serMountainGoat' post='1546012' date='Oct 7 2008, 23.11']You're talking about the Chicken-that-is-not-a-Chicken scene - right? :/[/quote]
O_O

Just wanna say, MG, I'm mesmerized by your NHAW av.

Part of me some good will come out of the SoT series -- perhaps paving the way for more (and far better) fantasy series.

[quote name='The Wolf Maid' post='1547298' date='Oct 8 2008, 03.46']Just wanna say, MG, I'm mesmerized by your NHAW av.[/quote]
Private shows available by request ;)

Is that really you in your pic Wolf Maid? I have to check since your avs have caused confusion here in the past :uhoh:

But this is not NHAW it is Goodkind so therefore I need an on topic point.

Erm.....

Anyone know if Legend of the Seeker will be shown anywhere outside the US? I have a feeling you guys will have all the fun while the British branch of the Lemming Church will be left out in the cold with only crap quality YouTube clips to sate our desire for this mediocre fantasy drivel/unintentional comedy/Goodkind sell out PoS

[quote name='serMountainGoat' post='1547594' date='Oct 8 2008, 07.27']Anyone know if Legend of the Seeker will be shown anywhere outside the US?[/quote]

According to My* it will be available in 97% of WORLD WIDE markets.

I'm not sure how anyone could believe that though....

I'm praying someone will post HD stuff on the SoT series in Megavideo or somewhere. Or it gets picked up by one of the cable channels over here.

[quote name='serMountainGoat' post='1547594' date='Oct 8 2008, 19.27']Private shows available by request ;)

Is that really you in your pic Wolf Maid? I have to check since your avs have caused confusion here in the past :uhoh:[/quote]
Private shows? Damn, if only I lived nearer...:P

Haha. The answer to that is below my avatar or in my profile. I have only used my actual image here just once. :D

[quote name='The Wolf Maid' post='1548742' date='Oct 8 2008, 20.45']I'm praying someone will post HD stuff on the SoT series in Megavideo or somewhere. Or it gets picked up by one of the cable channels over here.[/quote]

So the Phillipines are part of that 3%, eh? Lucky you.

I did a little research, and my local station will be premiering "Legend of the Seeker" at 8 p.m. on the CW network November 1st (a Saturday). It's unseating two edited episodes of "Sex and the City" from the timeslot, and is in the vital "Between Re-Runs of 'Two and a Half Men' and 'Seinfeld'" slot.

What would Richard Rahl do if ABC treated him like this? Stuffing the show into syndication and pooping it into the toilet that is Saturday evening viewing seems like an insult that would warrant a countless number of jaw-kicks.

This kinda stuff just makes me angry and sad :(:(:(

[quote name=' Mystar']BUT ABC/Disney would not be denied. "We know a block buster when we see it"... This also is fleshed out in the aspect that even BEFORE any hype, trailers or much of anything, this series has been picked up in over 98% of the markets...again a record breaker, and stunning ABC/Disney.

All because this is a story about Hero's...TRUE heros!. Heroic people acting in a manor that underscores the true Nobility that is mankind. It proves what Goodkind has been telling us for over 15 years now... People want heros... TRUE Heros. This is the same thing Sam Raimi, Rob Tapert Ned Nallie, ABC and Disney all agree on... This is why you see something like George R R Martin's A song of Ice and Fire always failing by comparison, why it is still sitting on the shelf, why the screen play has had to have been rewritten several times already, and it is still sitting there... It has no true hero's and no honor for life... People want to feel good about their heros, they want Heros, they can believe in!!![/quote]

Sigh. Some people...

[quote name='Jaxom 1974' post='1549171' date='Oct 9 2008, 21.15']So the Phillipines are part of that 3%, eh? Lucky you.[/quote]
I think so, unless the cable channels pick it up or something.

Marwyn, I've seen that quote before, and yeah, the immaturity just makes me very sad.

[quote name='serMountainGoat' post='1547594' date='Oct 8 2008, 07.27']Private shows available by request ;)

Is that really you in your pic Wolf Maid? I have to check since your avs have caused confusion here in the past :uhoh:

But this is not NHAW it is Goodkind so therefore I need an on topic point.

Erm.....

Anyone know if Legend of the Seeker will be shown anywhere outside the US? I have a feeling you guys will have all the fun while the British branch of the Lemming Church will be left out in the cold with only crap quality YouTube clips to sate our desire for this mediocre fantasy drivel/unintentional comedy/Goodkind sell out PoS[/quote]

IF you live outside the U.S. or your local area does not carry {Legend} you can get the complete episodes on modern feed on the internet...and you can watch an episode any time of the day or night...in fact you can wait three or four months and watch 12 episodes...I would tell you about Hulu...but so far that is only for people in the U.S....you have to get used to commercials also....just like regular T.V.

[url="http://www.modernfeed.com/"]http://www.modernfeed.com/[/url]

[url="http://www.hulu.com/"]http://www.hulu.com/[/url]

40th thread? Seriously? Un-frigging-believable.

[quote]People want to feel good about their heros, they want Heros, they can believe in!!![/quote]
I gotta say, if you're getting you're heroes from fantasy novels, you're lame. Possibly bipolar. And you shouldn't read [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erfworld"]Erfworld[/url]. In high school I had a friend that tried using some of the catchphrases from the Wheel of Time in everyday conversation. Didn't go over so well. Kinda lost respect for him. Lasted a week. Fantasy does not translate well into daily life.

[size=1]Note: Everybody should read Erfworld.[/size]

I gotta admit, I'm hoping they broadcast in Canada. And that it's such a horrific abortion that they are forced to physically harm Tairy. I hold high hopes for this as I hated all the Spiderman movies.

On the other hand, perhaps Raimi decided to go [i]Army of Darkness[/i] rather than SM. I think we'll all agree that would be the best possible solution that doesn't involve a bullet or sledgehammer.

Order of the Stick is better than Erfworld. That's Erfworld's biggest failure: They're right next to a much better webcomic. Also, they don't have anyone as spoony as Elan.
But back to myasterisk's comment: It's really sad that this sort of tripe gets a TV show this quickly while we're agonizing over ASOIAF and HBO. Even though there is probably a good chance that TG simply kept the whole thing quiet until it was greenlighted, in which case I'm pretty pissed that his series got offered a TV make before ASOIAF did.

[quote name='The Pita Enigma' post='1551306' date='Oct 10 2008, 14.51']Order of the Stick is better than Erfworld. That's Erfworld's biggest failure: They're right next to a much better webcomic. Also, they don't have anyone as spoony as Elan.
But back to myasterisk's comment: It's really sad that this sort of tripe gets a TV show this quickly while we're agonizing over ASOIAF and HBO. Even though there is probably a good chance that TG simply kept the whole thing quiet until it was greenlighted, in which case I'm pretty pissed that his series got offered a TV make before ASOIAF did.[/quote]
OOTS is good (bought both prequels AND paper versions of the webcomics!), but Erfworld has a completely different and in my mind equally compelling set of recommendations. I just wish I got all the jokes. Speaking of webcomics, will Looking for Group ever return to the Sword of Truth plot point? I kinda thought that was the overarching reason for the story moving forward.

Honestly, I'm not upset that ASOIAF is running slow, and if it doesn't get made at all, that's fine with me. SOT will be awesome because it is just sooooo likely to be awful. ASOIAF being awful is also a possibility (not because of the source material but because of the vagaries of television/movies) and it would be a shame for it to retroactively ruin the books. It's not like GRRM has anything to prove, he's written a set of consistently critically acclaimed best-selling books in addition to not being a giant fucking douchebag.

[quote name='Jaxom 1974' post='1546728' date='Oct 7 2008, 15.15']I think we need to accept that Raimi and Disney bought a property. They only needed a setting without doing the legwork of creation. All the names and places already there. A basic premise. Somehow, I suspect O'ism is the furthest thing from their minds and we won't have anything that might resemble SoT.[/quote]

I think this not only quite correct, but pretty much says it all. It's like the old line from the eighties only inversed. The names are the same, but the story has been changed to protect those involved.

Take a look at his last few big series. Hercules (and it's spin off Xena) and Buffy the Vampire Slayer. The second came from a spoof movie. A movie that was designed to be so bad it was funny. Just look for Pee Wee's death scene on Youtube if you need a reminder. The first was the story of a slave who did a lot of really strange and impossible things to get his freedom and died at the end after wrestling his dad to a stalemate because his wife was a wench.

Other then a few names, similar but not nearly identical casts and what not, the base material has nothing to do with the television series.

In the book Darken was introduced by having his pedophile side kick steal a boy, seducing him (in a non-sexual definition) to his side, pouring molten lead down is throat, digging him up, cutting off his testicles, mashing them up in a bowl and eating him so he can engage in what amounts to satanic rights to travel the underworld

I really doubt Disney even knows such things took place in the book, much less would allow even the implications of such things.

Net result is going to be Sword of Truth without the sex, BDSM, gore, horror, or Objectivist propaganda and a lot less violence with more cheesy humor. Alls you have left is bright eyed heroes, magic swords, wise cracking old wizards, evil magicians who cackle, and freaky monsters.

If there was hot amazon on spunky blond sidekick action, it would be Xena: the legend continues.

Archived