MAFIA 58

Ser Spidey

[quote name='Botley']Where did he suspect "everyone"?[/quote]

Everyone is exagerated but Saltcliff's posts caught my eyes.
This was Saltcliff's first post:

[quote name='House Saltcliffe' post='1567011' date='Oct 25 2008, 13.15']Hmmm...... Me thinks we have 2 players trying too hard to appear RI.....

Greetings people[/quote]
casts suspicions on Goodbrother and Orkwood. the ones already on the spotlight, so pretty safe.

[quote name='House Saltcliffe' post='1567049' date='Oct 25 2008, 13.56']Quick he have more info than us! Get him![/quote]
OK, this one on you looks more joking.
then Saltcliff complains that the game halted.

[quote name='House Saltcliffe' post='1567110' date='Oct 25 2008, 15.19']Who said anything about becoming CI?

As I see it people claiming in thread not to have a role pm are worth watching, but its day 1 and people do silly things on day 1.[/quote]
this one caught my eye more. Way to say that Goodbrother is suspicious but not so much. Keeps options open for a later vote.

So nothing groundbreaking but gives me bad vibes on Saltcliff, which is enough for a vote now.

[quote name='House Botley' post='1567193' date='Oct 25 2008, 16.43']I am willing to CI Goodbrother by his comment about having no role PM. I believe him, since I see no sense for a baddie to get some sort of "PI" status by doing this.. This would only increase his chance to get killed by the other SK.[/quote]

CI is a bit strong at this stage of the game, but I consider him PI. And Orkwood is pretty down my suspicions too.

[quote name='House Botley' post='1567193' date='Oct 25 2008, 17.43']I am willing to CI Goodbrother by his comment about having no role PM. I believe him, since I see no sense for a baddie to get some sort of "PI" status by doing this.. This would only increase his chance to get killed by the other SK.[/quote]
I am not against defending other people all the time, I do it sometimes, but this is ridiculous. Everyone is a suspect and that won't change for the rest of the game. Nobody can do anything to be considered CI in this game so don't even bother.

I am fine with gory scenery!

[u]OO! Looky! Day 1 case![/u]
[quote name='House Myre' post='1567195' date='Oct 25 2008, 23.47'][quote name='House Botley' post='1567144' date='Oct 25 2008, 22.50'][quote name='House Myre' post='1567119' date='Oct 25 2008, 22.26']
I see where youre coming from. ETA: But I'm not suspicious of Goodbrother for that. Sounded genuine.

For my part, I'll put a vote on [b]Saltcliff[/b]. Something about him rubbing me the wrong way. Looks like he tries to brew up suspicions on everyone but not getting involved himself.[/quote]

Where did he suspect "everyone"?

The only thing that Salty sticked to in sense of suspicion so far was the "everyone who states that he got no PM might have probably gotten one".

[b]Vote Myre[/b] for now.

And then.
[/quote]

Everyone is exagerated but Saltcliff's posts caught my eyes.
This was Saltcliff's first post:
[quote name='House Saltcliffe' post='1567011' date='Oct 25 2008, 20.15']Hmmm...... Me thinks we have 2 players trying too hard to appear RI.....

Greetings people[/quote]

casts suspicions on Goodbrother and Orkwood. the ones already on the spotlight, so pretty safe.
[quote name='House Saltcliffe' post='1567049' date='Oct 25 2008, 20.56'][quote name='House Botley' post='1567032' date='Oct 25 2008, 20.35']
I got a PM that told me that Goodbrother didn't get a PM.

Shock-ing!!!!!!!!!!!! :stunned:[/quote]

Quick he have more info than us! Get him!
[/quote]

OK, this one on you looks more joking.
then Saltcliff complains that the game halted.

[quote name='House Saltcliffe' post='1567110' date='Oct 25 2008, 22.19']Who said anything about becoming CI?

As I see it people claiming in thread not to have a role pm are worth watching, but its day 1 and people do silly things on day 1.[/quote]

this one caught my eye more. Way to say that Goodbrother is suspicious but not so much. Keeps options open for a later vote.

So nothing groundbreaking but gives me bad vibes on Saltcliff, which is enough for a vote now.
[/quote]

SPOILER: In case you were wondering
You may have noticed, but I have added full quotes to prevent things being taken out of context.

With regards to my first post, when I started typing it up there were only about 3 posts made, I then had to step away for a bit, then came back and posted it.....

Yes the get him one was a joke and it would have looked a little better if the [ img ] tags were actually working.

As for complaining the game had halted, well it had! Then my internet connection went down. So I could not follow up on it.

As for the one that caught your eye, I think its a little odd that someone would reveal that they have no role pm right at the start! And in all the games I have played day 1s are generally just a bit of fun to begin with. Now the fact that you are not willing to keep your options open seems a little fishy.

[b]Vote: House Myre[/b]

As far as I am concerned you are all suspicious to me, I know nothing about you so I am going to suspect everyone. If this seems odd to you well then clearly we play different games of mafia.

Now if you feel I am getting defensive and that I must be an SK go ahead and lynch me. I was and am still just having fun. And just to make it clear my vote on Myre is an OMGUS vote.

[quote name='House Farwynd' post='1567200' date='Oct 25 2008, 15.52']I am not against defending other people all the time, I do it sometimes, but this is ridiculous. Everyone is a suspect and that won't change for the rest of the game. Nobody can do anything to be considered CI in this game so don't even bother.[/quote]

Ridiculous is my second name. My first name is Not.

I already explained why it is not possible that Goodbrother made that comment deliberately as a SK. Either it would have made us suspect him more, which increased the chance of him being lynched, or it would have made us suspect him less, which increased the chance of him being NKed.

Hence I see no profit at all for an SK to make a comment like that at the beginning of the game. That's why Goddbrother told the truth. No need to bother with him as a lynch target anymore, but I will give his opinion a bit more weight than others.

But now I have to go for some time. Will be back in six hours or so.

[quote name='House Saltcliffe' post='1567240' date='Oct 25 2008, 16.41']Now if you feel I am getting defensive and that I must be an SK go ahead and lynch me. I was and am still just having fun. And just to make it clear my vote on Myre is an OMGUS vote.[/quote]

I think this here is a bit over the top indeed for my taste. Yes, you [i]are [/i]defensive, Ser!!!!!!

Howdy folks! Good to be mafiing again. I see a lot of largely baseless suspcions around at the moment, but not really sober enough to evaluate them properly. If you want a drunk man's intuition, I think Saltcliffe is innocent and Orkwood guilty. But...bah, who knows? I'll be back hopefully in the morning to post more.

[quote name='House Merlyn' post='1567289' date='Oct 25 2008, 20.29']Howdy folks! Good to be mafiing again. I see a lot of largely baseless suspcions around at the moment, but not really sober enough to evaluate them properly. If you want a drunk man's intuition, I think Saltcliffe is innocent and Orkwood guilty. But...bah, who knows? I'll be back hopefully in the morning to post more.[/quote]
[b]Merlyn [/b]is guilty. Only serial killers would have to drink to get over the evil they perform at night. :P

Here again.
Well, there are games where you start suspecting everybody and games where you start suspecting nobody; this one is of the second sort. Everybody who posted already seems relatively ok to me, so I'll vote for for one of those who didn't.
[b]Drumm[/b] will do.

[quote name='House Botley' post='1567405' date='Oct 26 2008, 02.08']Now I remember why starting a game on Saturday has been a bad idea. :unsure:

Farwynd's vote doesn't sit right to me, as if he was glad to finally find a reason to put it somewhere.[/quote]
Did you notice it was a joke? Why try to make it seem like it is anything more than it is?

[quote name='House Farwynd' post='1567412' date='Oct 26 2008, 08.39']Did you notice it was a joke? Why try to make it seem like it is anything more than it is?[/quote]

Because I think some people are just too inclined to take the game far too seriously!

[quote name='House Saltcliffe' post='1567420' date='Oct 26 2008, 03.15']Because I think some people are just too inclined to take the game far too seriously![/quote]
[url="http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p180/metallica2k1/internet_serious_business.jpg"]The internet is serious business.[/url] Don't you forget it! Bitch.

:P

[quote name='House Myre' post='1567195' date='Oct 25 2008, 16.47']*A case of Salts*[/quote]

So your case rests on a fairly straightforward observation, a joke and a comment that pretty much boils down to anyone is still a suspect? I'm not buying it. Why would anyone have to leave options open to vote for anyone later. It's day 1, we vote for the sake of it!

Not to mention there's no partners, so certainly no distancing with a "I called him out on day 1" going on.

Does anyone seriously think I made a "case" on Saltcliff? I'm not that pretentious to call it a case.

I just quoted his posts to explain my vote to Botley and where my bad impression came from. Maybe I should have put a vote saying I vote Saltcliff just because I don't like his avatar. :rolleyes:

Sorry, not gonna quote everything. Too lazy and not enough time on my hands to do the nice job Saltcliff did with quotes.

Speaking of Saltcliff, I find his reaction over the top so my vote stays until I have something better.

[quote name='House Botley' post='1567405' date='Oct 26 2008, 01.08']Now I remember why starting a game on Saturday has been a bad idea. :unsure:

Farwynd's vote doesn't sit right to me, as if he was glad to finally find a reason to put it somewhere.[/quote]

looks like a random day 1 vote to me. And since I got 2 for trying to put a non random vote, I can get why nobody wants to do it :P

[quote name='House Saltcliffe' post='1567420' date='Oct 26 2008, 02.15']Because I think some people are just too inclined to take the game far too seriously![/quote]

Pot kettle and all the like when we see your reaction to 1 poor vote :P. I'm sorry I have little time and want to try to move things along while I'm here. Joke votes are fine but unlikely to get an interesting reactuion, while serious votes, even on flimsy reasons, trigger those.

[quote name='House Orkwood' post='1567450' date='Oct 26 2008, 04.01']So your case rests on a fairly straightforward observation, a joke and a comment that pretty much boils down to anyone is still a suspect? I'm not buying it. Why would anyone have to leave options open to vote for anyone later. It's day 1, we vote for the sake of it!

Not to mention there's no partners, so certainly no distancing with a "I called him out on day 1" going on.[/quote]

You know what you said about your vote on Goodbrother? The same. On day 1 any minor details can trigger a vote. You don't agree with my reasons I don't agree with yours. Fine. But at least we get reactions.
Saltcliff's reaction I find interesting.

[quote name='House Myre' post='1567462' date='Oct 26 2008, 04.44']You know what you said about your vote on Goodbrother? The same. On day 1 any minor details can trigger a vote. You don't agree with my reasons I don't agree with yours. Fine. But at least we get reactions.[/quote]

Okay, that I can accept. I don't see it, but then you probably don't see where I'm coming from either. Clear, definable logical arguments are hard to craft this early in the game.

[quote name='House Merlyn' post='1567465' date='Oct 26 2008, 04.57']Sorry folks I only have a couple of minutes before I need to go i'll reread the thread but doubt i can post anything before i go. i'll be back in a few hours[/quote]

Just as long as you say a few magic words before doing your disappearing act...

We need a "drum then hit symbol" smiley. :-( That or a "get my coat" one. Something to end my poor puns with.

It is day 1.

11 players remain: Botley, Drumm, Farwynd, Goodbrother, Harlaw, Kenning, Merlyn, Myre, Orkwood, Saltcliffe, Volmark.

6 votes are needed for a conviction or to go to night.

2 votes for Myre ( Botley, Saltcliffe)
1 vote for Drumm ( Goodbrother)
1 vote for Goodbrother ( Orkwood)
1 vote for Merlyn ( Farwynd)
1 vote for Saltcliffe ( Myre)

5 players have not voted: Drumm, Harlaw, Kenning, Merlyn, Volmark.

Archived