MAFIA 58

Ser Spidey

It seems my "conjure Drumm" spell failed. Too bad.
Anyway, I am happy to change my vote to [b]Merlyn[/b]. Always diliked this "I promice to say something later" approach. It's too convinient for baddies. Yes, innocents also do this regularly, but we have nothing better for now.
I definitely won't lynch Saltcliffe, Orkwood and Myre today, not with current level of activity. I probably won't vote Farwynd. All the rest seems to be good options, Merlyn just a bit better.

[quote name='House Harlaw' post='1567502' date='Oct 26 2008, 07.16']Sorry I wasn't here yesterday. I didn't realize the game was going to start. I'll catch up and be around most of today.[/quote]

Still catching up?

I always prefer "I'm catching up" posts if they actually end up resulting in a "well, here's what I think then", rather than Merlyn's "I'm catching up, i'll post later"...

Goodbrother, if I'm correct you don't want to lynch people who are active. So a couple questions.

Why isn't Botley in your list of people you don't want to lynch? He's in top 3 posters and hasn't contributed less than Saltcliffe. Did he do something you find suspicious?

Why do you put Saltcliffe behind Farwynd? Apart from his defense I don't feel he has contributed more. Do you think he's more innocent looking and why?

[quote name='House Orkwood' post='1567517' date='Oct 26 2008, 15.28']Still catching up?

I always prefer "I'm catching up" posts if they actually end up resulting in a "well, here's what I think then", rather than Merlyn's "I'm catching up, i'll post later"...[/quote]

I never said how quickly I would post (not that it has been that long :rolleyes: ) Check the time. It is early in some places. I was surprised to see the game started since I thought the Mod would not be available. I posted and then went and had breakfast. Sorry if I can't seem to manage to give up things like showering and eating for my gaming obsessions...guess I just don't obsess enough :P

[quote name='House Harlaw' post='1567521' date='Oct 26 2008, 08.42']I never said how quickly I would post (not that it has been that long :rolleyes: ) Check the time. It is early in some places. I was surprised to see the game started since I thought the Mod would not be available. I posted and then went and had breakfast. Sorry if I can't seem to manage to give up things like showering and eating for my gaming obsessions...guess I just don't obsess enough :P[/quote]

Mafia players are not allowed lives. :smash:

But sorry, I didn't realise that this alt's time settings weren't properly aligned with my own! :-p

[quote name='House Myre' post='1567524' date='Oct 26 2008, 15.51']Awwww. You mean I'm not allowed to go to work next week? Can you make me an excuse note for my work then? :P[/quote]

Seriously. I would rather play mafia than work. Glad I now have a valid excuse :D

Unfortunately, the evil work fairies exist in my world too, and drive me away from the game for hours upon end!

Showers and food are optional though. I mean, don't wash for long enough and everyone starts avoiding you... Freeing up more time for Mafia.

And food that cannot be eaten at the PC is not real food.

[quote name='House Myre' post='1567519' date='Oct 26 2008, 14.38']Why isn't Botley in your list of people you don't want to lynch? He's in top 3 posters and hasn't contributed less than Saltcliffe. Did he do something you find suspicious?[/quote]
It's simple. At the moment of my last post, I completely forgot Botley even existed. I expected to be asked same question about Volmark, but Botley's name never came into my mind.
And you forgot about Volmark, I suppose? :)
They both are close to top posters, but rather unmemorable.
[quote]Why do you put Saltcliffe behind Farwynd? Apart from his defense I don't feel he has contributed more. Do you think he's more innocent looking and why?[/quote]Truely, mostly because of Saltcliffe's saying he never saw a case at day 1. You don't want to lynch a new player at day 1 unless for very good reason, it's bad PR. Secondly, he is very memorable (perhaps, for the same reason).

[quote]At the moment of my last post, I completely forgot Botley even existed.[/quote]And now I see another reason: I completely understand Saltcliffe's vote on you, people new to our community tend to vote strong aggressive players. I don't understand Botley's vote that well.

[quote name='House Orkwood' post='1567088' date='Oct 25 2008, 21.42']In the overall scheme of things, it could be an innocent mistake or it could be an over compensating killer. Only time will tell. However, it has given me something to look back on later, depending on how his game goes.

In all honesty? If it was anything but early day 1 it wouldn't be enough to make me suspicious, but at this stage it's better than roleplaying, right?[/quote]

If I didn't have a PM from the mod, I would PM the mod and ask if I was forgotten. :/

[quote name='House Myre' post='1567100' date='Oct 25 2008, 22.00']Hummm, can't roleplay cause there is no setting and I have no clue what my av looks like.
So I guess I be serious. :(

Goodbrother's first post looks genuine to me.

Orkwood,

I don't get what you mean. There are only RIs and SK, so claiming you are not a RI means you are a SK, right?

ETA: Oh, great! Just spot my av. :rolleyes:[/quote]

It's easy to seem sincere when posting on line. See my comments

[quote name='House Myre' post='1567119' date='Oct 25 2008, 22.26']I see where youre coming from. ETA: But I'm not suspicious of Goodbrother for that. Sounded genuine.

For my part, I'll put a vote on [b]Saltcliff[/b]. Something about him rubbing me the wrong way. Looks like he tries to brew up suspicions on everyone but not getting involved himself.[/quote]

A huge stretch, to say the least.

[quote name='House Botley' post='1567193' date='Oct 25 2008, 23.43']I am willing to CI Goodbrother by his comment about having no role PM. I believe him, since I see no sense for a baddie to get some sort of "PI" status by doing this.. This would only increase his chance to get killed by the other SK.[/quote]

Clearly, an insane thing to do. Unless what you are really doing is painting a target on him.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My opinions are this: Goodbrother's post means exactly nothing. It does not indicate either guilt or innocence, since we have no way of really judging it.

Myre and Botley both made decisions I certainly don't agree with. I am more inclined to think Myre the more suspicious of the two. I really hate how after his "case" was attacked, he claimed it wasn't a case at all. That just does not sit too well with me.

[b]Myre[/b] gets my vote for now.

edit: Bolton=Botley :rolleyes:

[quote name='House Goodbrother' post='1567536' date='Oct 26 2008, 15.08']It's simple. At the moment of my last post, I completely forgot Botley even existed. I expected to be asked same question about Volmark, but Botley's name never came into my mind.
And you forgot about Volmark, I suppose? :)
They both are close to top posters, but rather unmemorable.[/quote]

I didn't forget Volmark (I opened the handy window showing people's post numbers). It's just that Volmark has 6 posts, like I had and like Saltcliffe had when I made the post, but I don't remember grounbreaking contribution from him, while Botley has 12 posts and has at least put a vote.

[quote]Truely, mostly because of Saltcliffe's saying he never saw a case at day 1. You don't want to lynch a new player at day 1 unless for very good reason, it's bad PR. Secondly, he is very memorable (perhaps, for the same reason).[/quote]

Saltcliffe's quote is:
[quote]And in all the games I have played day 1s are generally just a bit of fun to begin with.[/quote]

Which to me doesn't mean that he has never played nor that he has never seen a case on day 1. Just that there is generally more joking around in the beginning.

Good morning. Sorry for my long absence, but I rock n'roled all night yesterday and just got up. Unfortunately that means you're unlikely top get much coherent thoughts from me for a while as my hang-over slowly fades.

Anyway, my thoughts as are, are:

- First, I don't like Myre. He's already been called out for a very lousy case (or whatever he fancies calling it) against Saltcliffe. While lousy cases are the way of day one mafia it really seems to me he's "trying too hard" (to quote Saltcliffe's first post). To me it's fine to joke vote on day one, or vote on vibes, or do anything you can think of to try and get the game moving, but start rationalizing it too much and it becomes suspicious. It's not so much a case for lousy reasons but trying to make those lousy reasons appear as what they're not. Myre's later efforts to backtrack are commendable but slightly unconvincing.

- Second, I strongly disagree with this post by Botley:
[quote name='House Botley' post='1567270' date='Oct 25 2008, 18.44']I already explained why it is not possible that Goodbrother made that comment deliberately as a SK. Either it would have made us suspect him more, which increased the chance of him being lynched, or it would have made us suspect him less, which increased the chance of him being NKed.

Hence I see no profit at all for an SK to make a comment like that at the beginning of the game. That's why Goddbrother told the truth. No need to bother with him as a lynch target anymore, but I will give his opinion a bit more weight than others.[/quote]

It's not only WIFOM but bad WIFOM. He's saying either the comment would have made us suspect GB more, so he wouldn't have made it, or it would have made us suspect him less (thus making him a good NK target) so he wouldn't have made it either. GB's alternative is obviously to remain silent the whole game, since anything he says will be read and considered either convincing and trustworthy (making us suspect him less, so he wouldn't say it), or unconvincing and suspicious (making us suspect him more, so he wouldn't say it either). It's kind of like a Cerwyn's Bible taken too far.

[quote name='House Harlaw' post='1567542' date='Oct 26 2008, 15.23']If I didn't have a PM from the mod, I would PM the mod and ask if I was forgotten. :/[/quote]If? After all that discussion, this look particularly interesting.
Do you claim you have recieved role PM?
[quote]Myre gets my vote for now.[/quote]Third vote on the useful player, with very weak justification? Sorry brother, but it looks even worse than bandwagoning.
[b]Harlaw[/b].

[quote name='House Harlaw' post='1567542' date='Oct 26 2008, 15.23']Myre and Bolton both made decisions I certainly don't agree with. I am more inclined to think Myre the more suspicious of the two. I really hate how after his "case" was attacked, he claimed it wasn't a case at all. That just does not sit too well with me.

[b]Myre[/b] gets my vote for now.[/quote]
I suppose Bolton is Botley?

Harlaw, when I make a case, you'll know it. and I'll call it a case. I had a bad feeling about Saltcliffe and put a vote on him. Botley called me on it so I went to dig out Saltcliffe's quote to rationalize what triggered my feeling.

[quote name='House Goodbrother' post='1567551' date='Oct 26 2008, 16.31']If? After all that discussion, this look particularly interesting.
Do you claim you have recieved role PM?
Third vote on the useful player, with very weak justification? Sorry brother, but it looks even worse than bandwagoning.
[b]Harlaw[/b].[/quote]

If I was expecting a PM and the mods didn't send one, I would PM them and not post in the thread. How hard is that to understand? Are you saying that posting about PMs from the mods (or lack thereof) in the thread is valid? Has some sort of meaning? is not a violation of at least the spirit of the rules if not the letter ofthem?

How useful is someone who makes such weak cases based on nothing and then claims they were not cases? Post count does not make a useful player.

Archived