MAFIA 58

Ser Spidey

[quote name='House Myre' post='1567552' date='Oct 26 2008, 16.33']I suppose Bolton is Botley?

Harlaw, when I make a case, you'll know it. and I'll call it a case. I had a bad feeling about Saltcliffe and put a vote on him. Botley called me on it so I went to dig out Saltcliffe's quote to rationalize what triggered my feeling.[/quote]

Yes, Bolton was meant to be Botley...too many names are just too close to each other. We need the old avs back...they made it a lot easier to tell people apart.

Edited cause it could break the rules.
If the only thing you can do is throw random votes or joke votes and you're not supposed to state suspicions when you have them, fine. this game is not for me any more. Just lynch me and be over with it.
Now if you are able to find a real strong case on day 1, then fine, throw me the stone, I'll bow to your greatness.

[quote name='House Harlaw' post='1567554' date='Oct 26 2008, 15.35']If I was expecting a PM and the mods didn't send one, I would PM them and not post in the thread. How hard is that to understand?[/quote]Truely hard, that's how. Why you didn't use same wording in your initial post?
[quote]How useful is someone who makes such weak cases based on nothing and then claims they were not cases? Post count does not make a useful player.[/quote]Who is more useful? Strong case are rarely possible on day 1. Weak cases - or bananas, I really regret this word wasn't assumed here - do provoke reactions, it's best weapon we have at early stage of game.

[quote name='House Myre' post='1567562' date='Oct 26 2008, 15.41']If the only thing you can do is throw random votes or joke votes and you're not supposed to state suspicions when you have them, fine. this game is not for me any more. Just lynch me and be over with it.[/quote]Calm, brother, we would miss you. Don't give up just because some players do practice wrong approach to the game.

[quote name='House Goodbrother' post='1567566' date='Oct 26 2008, 10.45']Truely hard, that's how. Why you didn't use same wording in your initial post?
Who is more useful? Strong case are rarely possible on day 1. Weak cases - or bananas, I really regret this word wasn't assumed here - do provoke reactions, it's best weapon we have at early stage of game.[/quote]

No, we state our opinions and vote on our suspicions. I just happen to disagree with yours. It doesn't make one of us more right, just that we have different views of things.

I know there are very few strong cases on day one. I just felt he was reaching entirely too far for this one.

[quote name='House Harlaw' post='1567563' date='Oct 26 2008, 15.41']Traditionally, more than half of the "day" on day ones here are nothing but fun and flirting.[/quote]Who cares about halves?
And many players actively dislike that RP part and try to come to the real game ASAP. Usually, they get what they want long before the end of day 1.

This is your co-mod here

Please don't kill squirrels.

I am not 100% sure of the alt rules Spider is using. But unless he says overwise

You are not to sugget or hint at the identity of any player. This means speculationg about the experiance level or where they play at. Where they come from time zones or what gender they are. ect.

you can send those kind of thoughts to me via PM

First things first people, even if I am new, that is no reason to go easy on me.
Secondly [b]Remove vote[/b]

As it really was OMGUS and having realised how many hours are left on the clock. I feel things should start getting more serious (at least from me anyway)

[quote name='House Goodbrother' post='1567566' date='Oct 26 2008, 10.45']Truely hard, that's how. Why you didn't use same wording in your initial post?
Who is more useful? Strong case are rarely possible on day 1. Weak cases - or bananas, I really regret this word wasn't assumed here - do provoke reactions, it's best weapon we have at early stage of game.[/quote]

Really? Seriously? You would post in the thread instead of asking a mod? My wording was not hard to understand. We always use hypothetical situations when describing things.

Bananas are great for looking for partners. There are no partners in this game. There is not need to try and find reations from other players to the bananas or cases.

I truly don't like the idea of a 2 SK game. It means most of everything we would normally do to find the baddies won't work.

edit for clarity

[quote name='House Harlaw' post='1567579' date='Oct 26 2008, 15.57']Bananas are great for looking for partners.[/quote]They are even greater for looking for partners, but the are decent even for looking for alone baddies. Even when there are no partners, voted baddy might overreact, slip, do something to give more reasons to suspect him.
Anyway, can you suggest some more useful tool?
[quote]I truly don't like the idea of a 2 SK game. It means most of everything we would normally do to find the baddies won't work.[/quote]Cerwin's Bible is still here. You might remember that original Cerwin's Bible have allowed to catch lone SK also, not only FM team.

Then what do you suggest we do Harlaw?

I agree the setting doesn't make things easy on us but I disagree that "bananas" aren't useful. Yes, there are no partners, but it means that if the SK is lynched there is nobody else to keep going. So looking for reactions is still important.
Which is why I keep my vote on Saltcliffe.

I'm considering moving to Volmark though, because his last post seriously pissed me off. But doesn't make him guilty, so I'll get out a few hours (yes, I'll be back before the limit) and hopefully will come back with clearer ideas. And in a better mood to have fun, which is after all the main objective.

It is day 1.

11 players remain: Botley, Drumm, Farwynd, Goodbrother, Harlaw, Kenning, Merlyn, Myre, Orkwood, Saltcliffe, Volmark.

6 votes are needed for a conviction or to go to night.

2 votes for Myre ( Botley, Harlaw)
1 vote for Goodbrother ( Orkwood)
1 vote for Harlaw ( Goodbrother)
1 vote for Merlyn ( Farwynd)
1 vote for Saltcliffe ( Myre)

5 players have not voted: Drumm, Kenning, Merlyn, Saltcliffe, Volmark.

[quote name='House Goodbrother' post='1567587' date='Oct 26 2008, 11.06']They are even greater for looking for partners, but the are decent even for looking for alone baddies. Even when there are no partners, voted baddy might overreact, slip, do something to give more reasons to suspect him.
Anyway, can you suggest some more useful tool?
Cerwin's Bible is still here. You might remember that original Cerwin's Bible have allowed to catch lone SK also, not only FM team.[/quote]

I misssed the whole CB thing and have never bothered to read it.

I am just looking for those who overreact, seem to reach too far to make cases and those who make statements that make no sense. The 2 things I noticed were the banana and Botley naming a CI. :rolleyes:

We all play our own styles. My style my not be agreeable to you. I can't help that.

[quote name='House Myre' post='1567590' date='Oct 26 2008, 11.10']Then what do you suggest we do Harlaw?

I agree the setting doesn't make things easy on us but I disagree that "bananas" aren't useful. Yes, there are no partners, but it means that if the SK is lynched there is nobody else to keep going. So looking for reactions is still important.
Which is why I keep my vote on Saltcliffe.

I'm considering moving to Volmark though, because his last post seriously pissed me off. But doesn't make him guilty, so I'll get out a few hours (yes, I'll be back before the limit) and hopefully will come back with clearer ideas. And in a better mood to have fun, which is after all the main objective.[/quote]

I agree in part with what you say. Reactions on the votes are important...especially if someone overreacts to a vote on them. Other people's reactions though, not so much.

Actually interacting with you does give me a different perspective than I had reading all the posts long after they had been made. (one of the dangers of missing too much time)

[b]Remove vote[/b]

[quote name='House Harlaw' post='1567595' date='Oct 26 2008, 16.14']I am just looking for those who overreact, seem to reach too far to make cases and those who make statements that make no sense.[/quote]Well, how in a hell reaching too far to make cases might help killers in this particular game? And in what hell people making senseless statements were ever guilty?
You have every right to have your own playstyle, but when I see following your playstyle might ruin my chances of winning, I feel free to object.

[quote name='House Goodbrother' post='1567604' date='Oct 26 2008, 11.21']Well, how in a hell reaching too far to make cases might help killers in this particular game? And in what hell people making senseless statements were ever guilty?
You have every right to have your own playstyle, but when I see following your playstyle might ruin my chances of winning, I feel free to object.[/quote]

Who ever asked you to follow me? I certainly didn't.

If everyone agreed on everything, the games would be a lot less fun.

[quote name='House Harlaw' post='1567607' date='Oct 26 2008, 16.25']Who ever asked you to follow me? I certainly didn't.[/quote]What I am afraid of is that [i]others[/i] would follow you.

Anyway, we have less than 9 hours left and it's time for consensus.
[b]Remove vote[/b].
We still have two persons who failed to post yet, but both are probable modkill.
Which leaves alternative of lynching some active player who looks bad in some eyes or lynching some absolutely non-contributive player. Who is [b]Merlyn[/b] again. If he hasn't a time to participate, such lynch must be favor to him.

Archived