MAFIA 58

Ser Spidey

If we're looking for consensus, then I'd like to say that I'd really rather not vote off Myre. The whole pile on followed by mass pull-out on him is just a little too bizarre for me. If we weren't in a 2SK game, i'd be looking at the people jumping on and off. As it is, I'm just left bamboozled. I'm not CI or PI-ing him, I just want to see a little more before I make up my mind.

I'm also agreeing, for now, with Goodbrother. We should vote off either someone inactive but not in modkill-land, or someone who's standing out as suspicious. I'm also happy to [b]remove vote[/b] from my good brother, as his comment really isn't enough to lynch on, especially as it wouldn't particularly help a SK. That said, as we can WIFOM it to hell, I also haven't changed to the "That makes him PI" camp. Right now I'd rather keep him as he's active. Simple as that really... If we're going to go on flimsy i'd rather lynch a quiet flimsy than a poster.

So, who will I go with?
I'm inclined to follow my former target and vote for [b]Merlyn[/b], our disappearing magician.

[quote name='House Goodbrother' post='1567496' date='Oct 26 2008, 07.52']It seems my "conjure Drumm" spell failed. Too bad.
Anyway, I am happy to change my vote to [b]Merlyn[/b]. Always diliked this "I promice to say something later" approach. It's too convinient for baddies. Yes, innocents also do this regularly, but we have nothing better for now.
I definitely won't lynch Saltcliffe, Orkwood and Myre today, not with current level of activity. I probably won't vote Farwynd. All the rest seems to be good options, Merlyn just a bit better.[/quote]

[quote name='House Goodbrother' post='1567613' date='Oct 26 2008, 11.34']What I am afraid of is that [i]others[/i] would follow you.

Anyway, we have less than 9 hours left and it's time for consensus.
[b]Remove vote[/b].
We still have two persons who failed to post yet, but both are probable modkill.
Which leaves alternative of lynching some active player who looks bad in some eyes or lynching some absolutely non-contributive player. Who is [b]Merlyn[/b] again. If he hasn't a time to participate, such lynch must be favor to him.[/quote]

Yeh I am really sorry for not participating, i've just got back and now need to go again...it was rash of me to sign up. i'll be able to play more tomorrow, probably, but if you want to lynch me that's fair enough i understand how suspicious i am for doing this. Yeh sorry guys :(

[quote name='House Merlyn' post='1567645' date='Oct 26 2008, 17.21']Yeh I am really sorry for not participating, i've just got back and now need to go again...it was rash of me to sign up. i'll be able to play more tomorrow, probably, but if you want to lynch me that's fair enough i understand how suspicious i am for doing this. Yeh sorry guys :([/quote]Well, if you had time to combine two posts of mine into one quote, you definitely had time enough to say something of use. :( You definitely don't want to cooperate, so my vote stays.
Truely, I often feel bad about lynching a person on such motives... but when I do, diagnosis is too often: "guilty".

[b]Remove vote from Myre[/b].

I am not willing to lynch a contributing player. Yet.

I will take a bath now and afterwards I will closely reread the parts that I only skimmed so far.
I will think about Merlyn, but so far I am not very convinced that lynching him is a wise idea.

Oh, andveryone who has his hands on the throat on someone else: please remove it, yes?

[quote name='House Botley' post='1567659' date='Oct 26 2008, 17.34']Oh, andveryone who has his hands on the throat on someone else: please remove it, yes?[/quote]Why? We have 11 players, 6 votes to make a lynch and we never come after three yet. Why to remove?

[quote name='House Botley' post='1567659' date='Oct 26 2008, 11.34']Oh, andveryone who has his hands on the throat on someone else: please remove it, yes?[/quote]

I'll keep my hands where they are, seeing as it isn't a joke vote. It'd take an actual case (perhaps even a weak one?) or a spate of activity from our magician to change my mind. But as things stand, he's the least active that isn't on the modkill list, which makes him my primary target.

After all, it's all too easy to take the "I'll contribute tomorrow" route to surviving night 1 without either being targeted or lynched...

It is day 1.

11 players remain: Botley, Drumm, Farwynd, Goodbrother, Harlaw, Kenning, Merlyn, Myre, Orkwood, Saltcliffe, Volmark.

6 votes are needed for a conviction or to go to night.

3 votes for Merlyn ( Farwynd, Goodbrother, Orkwood)
1 vote for Saltcliffe ( Myre)

7 players have not voted: Botley, Drumm, Harlaw, Kenning, Merlyn, Saltcliffe, Volmark.

55 mins until Drumm and Kenning are modkilled for inactivity. Then it will be 5 votes for a lynch or Night.

approx 7 hours till day ends

[quote name='House Goodbrother' post='1567686' date='Oct 26 2008, 13.02']Well, people, I am unable to wait one more hour until probable modkills. I have to leave for another 8-9 hours. Vote stays, be happy here. :)[/quote]
Since I am going to be around, and shortly it will wait and vote. Post count is my LEAST favorite reason to vote though.

[quote name='House Goodbrother' post='1567663' date='Oct 26 2008, 11.37']Why? We have 11 players, 6 votes to make a lynch and we never come after three yet. Why to remove?[/quote]

I wasn't speaking about the votes but about Manic Myre ( ;) ,) but it looks like he has calmed down a bit.

Give me an hour, and I will post something more substantial than

:smileysex:

[quote name='House Volmark' post='1567549' date='Oct 26 2008, 09.30']It's not only WIFOM but bad WIFOM. He's saying either the comment would have made us suspect GB more, so he wouldn't have made it, or it would have made us suspect him less (thus making him a good NK target) so he wouldn't have made it either. GB's alternative is obviously to remain silent the whole game, since anything he says will be read and considered either convincing and trustworthy (making us suspect him less, so he wouldn't say it), or unconvincing and suspicious (making us suspect him more, so he wouldn't say it either). It's kind of like a Cerwyn's Bible taken too far.[/quote]

The main goal of an SK is to survive everyone else. Starting with a stunt that could draw you easily into the spotlight is not the way I expect an SK to open the game.

Damn, who asked me if I tried to paint a target on Goodbrother? It was a really good question , for an SK would do just that.

[quote name='House Botley' post='1567713' date='Oct 26 2008, 12.31']The main goal of an SK is to survive everyone else. Starting with a stunt that could draw you easily into the spotlight is not the way I expect an SK to open the game.

Damn, who asked me if I tried to paint a target on Goodbrother? It was a really good question , for an SK would do just that.[/quote]

A SK would paint someone else as a nightkill target? Perhaps, but surely it's just as likely an innocent would paint someone they suspect but also think they can't get lynched yet with a target, hoping the opposing SK (while we still have both active) would take them out?

As for the stunt, there are two answers. Firstly, it's WIFOM anyway, as they may do the stunt just to look an unlikely SK...

And secondly, it's also a move an inexperienced SK might make, not that i'm speculating one way or another in this case.

[quote name='House Farwynd' post='1567412' date='Oct 26 2008, 01.39']Did you notice it was a joke? Why try to make it seem like it is anything more than it is?[/quote]

A joke? I am not really follwing you. Are you trying to lynch Merlyn because it is funny?

Or did you just force yourself to place a vote somewhere before you had to leave the thread? I remember you were also joking with Goodbrother and Volmark without voting for them. That's why your vote on Merlyn looks forced to me.

[b]Vote Farwynd[/b]

Having another look at Saltcliffe now, my former suspect.

[quote name='House Orkwood' post='1567744' date='Oct 26 2008, 13.05']Wouldn't he have more thoughts AFTER he hears your case on him?[/quote]

That would only distract him.

[quote name='House Kenning' post='1567749' date='Oct 26 2008, 13.10']Im here and catching up.[/quote]

KENNING, YOU'RE A SHOCKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :stunned:

Here, I have your belongings that these thieves would have stolen while you were [s]dead[/s] asleep. No need to thank me, I just did my duty as a roleless innocent. :thumbsup:

Well, not really much seems to have happened. Other than pages of "Why does my av look like a penis"(It still comes up. Unbelieveable) and a lot of people want to go for people saying "catching up, i'll post later" not much has happened.

The most suspicious things(to my mind) are posts like this:

[quote name='House Goodbrother' post='1566988' date='Oct 25 2008, 14.01']I still don't know my role, but I am glad to start it, if mods say "go". Welcome to the hell, brothers and sisters![/quote]

That just seem like an attempt to seem RI. This is just an example, im sure I saw other people are doing it aswell.

Archived