MAFIA 58

Ser Spidey

[quote name='House Botley' post='1567722' date='Oct 26 2008, 13.43']A joke? I am not really follwing you. Are you trying to lynch Merlyn because it is funny?

Or did you just force yourself to place a vote somewhere before you had to leave the thread? I remember you were also joking with Goodbrother and Volmark without voting for them. That's why your vote on Merlyn looks forced to me.

[b]Vote Farwynd[/b][/quote]
I made a joke vote. Then I was off and on and didn't post because I was mainly distracted with other things going on. I'll be back for a little more depth in about 2 hours.

[quote name='House Kenning' post='1567772' date='Oct 26 2008, 13.25']Well, not really much seems to have happened. Other than pages of "Why does my av look like a penis"(It still comes up. Unbelieveable) and a lot of people want to go for people saying "catching up, i'll post later" not much has happened.

The most suspicious things(to my mind) are posts like this:

That just seem like an attempt to seem RI. This is just an example, im sure I saw other people are doing it aswell.[/quote]

That's it?

Wow. You come back 20 minutes after the modkill limit, tell us you will reread, then come to the conclusion that not much has happened, then rehash one of the oldest cases in a very very brief way?

Is the best chance of you contributing on day 1 a modkill CF result?

Looks like I can make one after all, since my friend is late too.

It is day 1.

11 players remain: Botley, Drumm, Farwynd, Goodbrother, Harlaw, Kenning, Merlyn, Myre, Orkwood, Saltcliffe, Volmark.

6 votes are needed for a conviction or to go to night.

3 votes for Merlyn ( Farwynd, Goodbrother, Orkwood)
1 vote for Farwynd ( Botley)
1 vote for Saltcliffe ( Myre)

6 players have not voted: Drumm, Harlaw, Kenning, Merlyn, Saltcliffe, Volmark.

[quote name='House Blackfyre' post='1567825' date='Oct 26 2008, 14.23']Looks like I can make one after all, since my friend is late too.

It is day 1.

[s]11[/s][color="#FF0000"]10[/color] players remain: Botley, [s]Drumm[/s], Farwynd, Goodbrother, Harlaw, Kenning, Merlyn, Myre, Orkwood, Saltcliffe, Volmark.

6 votes are needed for a conviction or [color="#FF0000"]5[/color] to go to night.

3 votes for Merlyn ( Farwynd, Goodbrother, Orkwood)
1 vote for Farwynd ( Botley)
1 vote for Saltcliffe ( Myre)

[s]6[/s] [color="#FF0000"]5[/color] players have not voted: [s]Drumm[/s], Harlaw, Kenning, Merlyn, Saltcliffe, Volmark.[/quote]

fixed.

Ok I have to go now again i'm afraid, but i've spent the last twenty minutes looking at 4 players. Here are my thoughts:

Goodbrother – siad hasn’t received role after mods said RI’s would not get role – disquieting. Votes for drum for no reason and then me for being rubbish – keeps it there till now. Assessment – not suspicious

Orkwood – talks a lot, makes a lot of sense, but my gut says fishy

Volmark – one substantial post, which is one more than me I know – basically hasn’t done anything to make me be suspicious or the opposite

Farwynd – just jokes really so far so nothing to go on

Ok so most suspicious to me is [b]Orkwood[/b], but i may well revise that when i get back

[quote name='House Merlyn' post='1567836' date='Oct 26 2008, 14.33']Ok I have to go now again i'm afraid, but i've spent the last twenty minutes looking at 4 players. Here are my thoughts:

Goodbrother – siad hasn’t received role after mods said RI’s would not get role – disquieting. Votes for drum for no reason and then me for being rubbish – keeps it there till now. Assessment – not suspicious

Orkwood – talks a lot, makes a lot of sense, but my gut says fishy

Volmark – one substantial post, which is one more than me I know – basically hasn’t done anything to make me be suspicious or the opposite

Farwynd – just jokes really so far so nothing to go on

Ok so most suspicious to me is [b]Orkwood[/b], but i may well revise that when i get back[/quote]

:stunned: An OMGUS mixed with "gut"?

Seriously. You've spent all day silent, then you come in with the amazing insight that I make sense, talk a lot, but give you a gut ache?

Wow. Seriously, wow. I'm not sure i've ever been left so speechless before. I talk a lot and make a lot of sense... So have... to... go?

Please. Break it down for me.

If your gut really screams that the green erection is guilty, please! At least track down what it is that makes you think that?

[quote name='House Botley' post='1567843' date='Oct 26 2008, 14.39']Yeah, waking up late makes a short day. Could you at least vote for someone?[/quote]

we still have a few hours left yet. If he has time to properly re-read and contribute in the meantime, I suggest that has to be more worthwhile than throwing down a vote now?

when we get down to 120-90 minutes it's time to start pushing for decisions.

[quote name='House Botley' post='1567693' date='Oct 26 2008, 12.11']I just had a look at Volmark's post after Goodbrother was so kind to mention him. I was almost willing to vote him until his last post, which was a promising start. Why don't we hear more from Volmark?[/quote]

Volmark thinks the Merlyn mob is a bit of a cop-out and would, quite frankly, rather lynch Myre. I think he's pretty over defensive and the best day one lynch for today as fas as I'm concerned. Another one I don't feel too well about is Goodbrother, which is one of the reasons I bought up that CIng or PIng him seems foolish to me.

Also, If we're going to lynch someone for inactivity (and I agree with whoever said this is poor play) I think I'd rather go for Kenning than Merlyn, but for now I'm voting [b]Myre[/b].

I'll be back in a couple of hours to see if I can flesh out something specific on Goodbrother.

[quote name='House Goodbrother' post='1567539' date='Oct 26 2008, 16.20']And now I see another reason: [u]I completely understand Saltcliffe's vote on you[/u], people new to our community tend to vote strong aggressive players. I don't understand Botley's vote that well.[/quote]

Say what? :o
I did not vote for him for being strong and aggressive.

[quote name='House Botley' post='1567737' date='Oct 26 2008, 20.02']Salty, any thoughts before I switch my vote to you?[/quote]

Switch by all means, just give a good reason for it :D

[u]As for thoughts[/u], I am starting to feel a little uneasy about Goodbrother. Have looked over his posts and noticed a few things.
First off, he seems to have rushed in and posted without reading the 'set-up'. Now some of you have taken to this saying he is then a PI. Which makes little sense to me. While I concede he could be innocent, it is the sort of crazy bluff that a SK might try to make in the hopes of appearing innocent.

He votes Drumm in the hopes of making the fellow pitch up, a safe place to put a vote, that makes him appear to be contributing.

Then he votes Merlyn, for saying he will post later and then throws out the names of players that he does not want to lynch today.
He then says a little about posters that are unmemorable, defends me a bit and in his next couple of posts goes into easy banter mode.
Votes Harlow, for bandwaggoning.
Removes vote and then votes merlyn for being to busy to play.
Then dissappears.

[quote name='House Botley' post='1567851' date='Oct 26 2008, 14.45']Saltcliffe, why should I vote for Farwynd instead of you?[/quote]

I hope you have quite the case built up here...

Was salt voting for far? If not, why should he be giving you reasons to vote for him?

Could you please come out with this case you've built rather than prancing around it, hinting that it'll soon be released?

[quote name='House Kenning' post='1567853' date='Oct 26 2008, 14.48']Ofc I can vote.
It wasnt waking up late im afraid. I kinda, umm forgot. Only realized game was on after I got an email about a pm. Other things on the mind.

[b]Harlaw[/b][/quote]

Nice.

A very subtle way of pointing out you didn't receive a PM until 20 odd hours after the game started...

That said, it'd take one craft guy to sneak that one in there, so I'm inclined to trust you...

Not to PI levels, but certainly enough to keep you another day or two.

Back home and calmer. Nice to see Kenning finally popped in.

[quote name='House Botley' post='1567851' date='Oct 26 2008, 20.45']Saltcliffe, why should I vote for Farwynd instead of you?[/quote]
Seems a weird question Botley. Can you specify your reasons to vote Saltcliffe (you didn't seem to agree with me at first) and why Farwynd?

[quote name='House Kenning' post='1567853' date='Oct 26 2008, 20.48']Ofc I can vote.
It wasnt waking up late im afraid. I kinda, umm forgot. Only realized game was on after I got an email about a pm. Other things on the mind.

[b]Harlaw[/b][/quote]

Hummm, care to explain your vote? Only thing you mentioned is suspicion of Goodbrother so why Harlaw?

[quote name='House Kenning' post='1567853' date='Oct 26 2008, 15.48']Ofc I can vote.

[b]Harlaw[/b][/quote]

Can I have at least a reason why?

Archived