MAFIA 58

Ser Spidey

I started a little Merlyn reread and found this one here, in the middle of day 2:

[quote name='House Merlyn' post='1569424' date='Oct 27 2008, 18.38']Ok I have looked at the other players that i didn't do before here are my thoughts:

Kenning – Rest in Peace

Harlaw: I feel relatively good about Harlaw – I don’t agree that Volmark’s ‘slip’ really means anything, but the way Harlaw mentioned it seemed to be very genuine to me. Then again, it would be an easy thing for an SK to say, and he hasn’t really made any other cases today.

Goodbrother: If Goodbrother is evil, then they know how to give off good vibes. I rank Goodbrother still as low down on my suspect list – basically he seems like an innocent what more can I say? That said, if Goodbrother survives another couple of NK’s, I might start wondering why. GB hasn’t come under sustained lynch pressure yet, and sometimes that’s the only way to unmask someone’s true colours.

Saltcliffe: Saltcliffe is beginning to irritate me and make me feel uneasy. Partly it is that he said that a sensible SK would not want to be a very low poster but sit in the middle – and then proceeded to post very little, seems a bit contrived to me. To his credit, he doesn’t overreact when he gets a vote on him, but doesn’t respond constructively either, and when he votes in order to put on pressure and gets no response he then complains about it. Seems like he is at best freeloading and at worst SK. I wouldn’t at this stage have any qualms lynching Slatcliffe.

The main problem is that there are no partner ties to find, and both of the SK during the day at least are trying to find the other SK, even if they don't actually want to lynch them, so making it difficult to determine what their behaviour would be like. I guess we are looking for someone who is
a) obviously trying to avoid suspicion
b) watching the thread to find the other SK, but not voting for an obvious target because they don't want to lynch the SK

I think it comes down to whether I think Volmark is guilty - if I do then those who are not voting for him, or seeking to find other suspects become more suspicious; if i don't then those on the mob become more suspicious (all this is based on the assumption that the SKs come to the same conclusion as me about Volmark's guilt.

I need to think about this and also think about who might want Kenning dead, even if that could be BIFOMmed to Pluto and back.[/quote]

Does not suspect Harlaw, begins to suspect Saltcliffe.

I also like this one:

[quote name='House Merlyn' post='1569429' date='Oct 27 2008, 18.41']orkwood you've amde a couple of these kind of light-hearted posts, to which, to be fair, I have responded in kind. I am just uneasy in case your idea is to generally get people thinking warm fuzzy things about you so you can kill them while they slepp and they won't suspect a thing. It could just be your character, in which case, that's great, but i'm worried, is all[/quote]

That bastard has opposed my plan: :stunned:

[quote name='House Merlyn' post='1570695' date='Oct 28 2008, 17.04']I don't like this. I mean, as it happens I agree with the strategy, but I don't like the fact that it was made at all. Seems to me we should look at things one day at a time, based on who we think is most suspicious. This just seems to me like a low-risk something an SK might say in an attempt to get everyone to subconciously accept the premise of the plan and so not lynch him for three days.[/quote]

Still suspects Saltcliffe at the beginning of day 3:

[quote name='House Merlyn' post='1570695' date='Oct 28 2008, 17.04']I have many problems with this post. Firstly, I think it is stretching the vidence a long way to say that farwynd was probably saying he didn't want to lynch Saltcliffe right away so that he could keep around a lynchable player. If that is the plan, then why not go for someone completely unlynchable? Besides, it turned out Volmark was guilty, and if the other SK also thought that, then I would expect them not to be on the mob (WIFOM arguments excepted), or at least not to push it. In fact Farwynd is the one to hammer, and if Saltcliffe had used this as evidence of Farwynd withholding his vote until there was no other option then I would have less problem with it. And as for Farwynd's attempts to get in Myre's good books - I don't buy this. Am I the only one not really to have much idea who Myre is (I mean in-game persona, not to do with alts)? I don't find plausible this argument against farwynd. Finally, the whole, yeh I'm a poor lynchable player rhetoric doesn't sit well with me - it might just be style, but I don't like it.

I will have to reread Myre.

Most of that post is rhetorical fluff imo, designed to garnish the argument aginst Farwynd. But the first but I would like Farwynd to respond to, and I do think there is some value in the other point - about Farwynd only stepping up now that NK danger is eliminated (if he is the remaining SK) So I'd like Farwynd to respond to this too.

I don't think an SK would make it obvious they were afraid of a NK, or they would try very hard not to. Besides, isn't what Farwynd actually said something like he didn't want to draw the NK? Seems like a reasonable strategy for an innocent, so I think this argument is clutching at straws

Yeh so anyway, I am about to reread Farwynd again, but personally I find the case on him less that convincing. I actually want to vote for [b]Saltcliffe[/b] right now, his post really I did not like.[/quote]

Still not very suspicious of Harlaw:

[quote name='House Merlyn' post='1570738' date='Oct 28 2008, 17.41']Ok I've just reread Myre. The impression I get is that he is a skilfull player, and quite statesmanlike. Nothing seems to suggest guilt, but then he hasn't come under any significant pressure yet. If Myre survives too many NK's, I'll start to wonder why (have i said this before?, i feel like i might have done)

ets: reread Harlaw. There is little for logic or the brain to go own, and my gut is facing a large intestine/small intestine internal battle. The large intestine is saying yeh look he sounds really genbuine he's had problems posting which make him difficult to assess but really he gives good vibes. The small intestine is shouting you fool you fool yes he has connection problems but that doesn't make him innocent. watch out before he kills you all.

Since i don't know which bit of the intestinal tract to trust, i will just say that i am conflicted over Harlaw, an i will remain so until he is able to post some content[/quote]

Ok, Saltcliffe was Reddy's prime suspect, but Orkwood was only close behind. If Orkwood killed him, he got rid of an accusor and he could also frame Saltcliffe.

Saltcliffe could have killed Merlyn, hoping to successfully play the "too obvious" card.

I still favour Orkwood as my prime suspect.

[quote name='House Harlaw' post='1571813' date='Oct 29 2008, 18.15'][s]What, Botley, is the purpose of this?

Could you not have summarized? [/s] :rolleyes:

edit: sorry, cross-posted :dunno:[/quote]

It looks like you had little reason to kill him. You can be my new best friend. If you have some beer behind that scythe. :pirate:

[quote name='House Botley' post='1571819' date='Oct 29 2008, 19.19']It looks like you had little reason to kill him. You can be my new best friend. If you have some beer behind that scythe. :pirate:[/quote]

Beer and pretzels both :love:

I'm back to work :( I am hating life.

Sorry guys, my energy levels are at 0 today. The one time I was really up for posting the board was down. I've caught up enough to know whats going on, but not enough to draw any good conclusions.

We still have enough time left that I can contribute in 20 hours? :-pObviously i'll try to contribute a little in 7-8 hours and a fair bit in around 18-19 hours, but 20-22 hours from now will be my best i hope. With 28 left, I hope this is okay with everyone?

[quote name='House Orkwood' post='1571835' date='Oct 29 2008, 18.33']Sorry guys, my energy levels are at 0 today. The one time I was really up for posting the board was down. I've caught up enough to know whats going on, but not enough to draw any good conclusions.

We still have enough time left that I can contribute in 20 hours? :-pObviously i'll try to contribute a little in 7-8 hours and a fair bit in around 18-19 hours, but 20-22 hours from now will be my best i hope. With 28 left, I hope this is okay with everyone?[/quote]

No, it isn't. My schedule says that your will be dead in less than 8 hours.

Ok, I didn't want to mention it at all, since I planned to be dead until now, but since I will go to bed soon and time is running out:

It might be possible that I won't be able to post at all, starting in approx 26 hours. There might be a chance that I get some internet access in between, but I will post even less than Harlaw. I can still not exclude a possible modkill.

So, could we PLEASE move on?

[quote name='House Botley' post='1571819' date='Oct 29 2008, 18.19']It looks like you had little reason to kill him. You can be my new best friend. If you have some beer behind that scythe. :pirate:[/quote]

But wait.....didn't Grief suspect Farwynd and Harlaw? ANd we all know that Week has been innocent.

Hmmmmh......

But now: :sleep:

It is day 4.

6 players remain: Botley, Goodbrother, Harlaw, Myre, Orkwood, Saltcliffe..

4 votes are needed for a conviction or 3 to go to night.

1 vote for Botley (Saltcliffe.)
1 vote for Orkwood (Botley)

4 players have not voted: Goodbrother, Harlaw, Myre, Orkwood.

This Mod would also like to encourage people to pick up the pace and keep me entertained ;p

[quote name='House Botley' post='1571874' date='Oct 30 2008, 01.22']Ok, I didn't want to mention it at all, since I planned to be dead until now, but since I will go to bed soon and time is running out:

It might be possible that I won't be able to post at all, starting in approx 26 hours. There might be a chance that I get some internet access in between, but I will post even less than Harlaw. I can still not exclude a possible modkill.

So, could we PLEASE move on?[/quote]

Shit, that sucks :(
How long will you be away, can't you ask for an extension?
I'd like to hear a bit from Saltcliffe and Goodbrother before taking a decision, and maybe just a note from Orkwood if he can sneak by.
If they don't show up, I'll try to make my decision before lunch.

ETA: gotta run for now.

[quote name='House Myre' post='1572071' date='Oct 30 2008, 01.32']Shit, that sucks :(
How long will you be away, can't you ask for an extension?
I'd like to hear a bit from Saltcliffe and Goodbrother before taking a decision, and maybe just a note from Orkwood if he can sneak by.
If they don't show up, I'll try to make my decision before lunch.

ETA: gotta run for now.[/quote]

Friday to Monday. I might get an extension, but I have no clue if I will get online [i]at a[/i]ll. The trip is half-official, and we have a program that fills the whole day.. However, even if I can manage to post I won't be able to discuss things when I am away.

Not that there is much to discuss right now. :P

After more thinking, I have to agree with Botley. SK is 90% Saltcliffe or Orkwood and we have no choice but to lynch them both.
The question is if we should wait for Orkwood's return or not. I dunno.
Perhaps, suitable compromise is start with lynching [b]Saltcliffe[/b] and leave Orkwood for later?

Archived