MAFIA 58

Ser Spidey

[quote name='House Myre' post='1572433' date='Oct 30 2008, 17.28']Which means Orkwood should give more thoughts somewhere between 1 and 5 hours from now.[/quote]I'll be here for two hours at most. :(
Botley, could you remove your vote, so I could vote Orkwood without fearing some evil one casting third?
If I'll have to go until Orkwood would reveal, I'll definitely leave my vote on him, but I don't want any queer situations.

Right, please, no-one hammer me...

I have some ideas i'd like to look in to. However, the powers that wear the trousers in my household demand i pay tribute to them in the way of edibles!

Therefore, it'll be an hour or two before I can get some thoughts down.

Lets just say that I've been turning a few things over through my head all day though, and something's not right...

[quote name='House Goodbrother' post='1572443' date='Oct 30 2008, 10.36']I'll be here for two hours at most. :(
Botley, could you remove your vote, so I could vote Orkwood without fearing some evil one casting third?
If I'll have to go until Orkwood would reveal, I'll definitely leave my vote on him, but I don't want any queer situations.[/quote]

You mean Harlaw? Why so careful? What information could Orkwood provide us with that we haven't discussed yet?

Update:

[quote]6 votes are needed for a conviction or 5 to go to night.

5 votes for [color="#008000"]Merlyn [/color]( [color="#008000"]Farwynd[/color], Goodbrother, Myre, [color="#FF8C00"]Harlaw[/color], [color="#FF8C00"]Orkwood[/color])
2 votes for [color="#008000"]Farwynd [/color]( Botley, [color="#008000"]Kenning[/color])
1 vote for Myre ( [color="#FF0000"]Volmark[/color])
1 vote for Orkwood ( [color="#008000"]Merlyn[/color])

1 players have not voted: [color="#FF8C00"][color="#008000"]Saltcliffe[/color][/color].[/quote]

Looks like we managed to lynch almost everyone who didn't vote for Merlyn. I'm glad now that I was right that at least one SK has been on the mob. I will have a look at the Volmark mob now to see if there's some useful information.

Myre, could you please have a look at the nightkills again? The only one alive who might have had a reason to kill Grief is Harlaw, but why did Harlaw kill Merlyn then?

Orkwood had a reason to kill Merlyn, but I fail to see why he chose Kenning - beside that he might have tried to hide in the pool of contributive players, to decrease the chance of him being NKed.

Don't know if we can learn much from this:

[quote]5 votes are needed for a conviction or to go to night.

5 votes for [color="#FF0000"]Volmark[/color] ([color="#FF8C00"]Orkwood[/color], Goodbrother, Botley, [color="#008000"]Saltcliffe[/color], [color="#008000"]Farwynd[/color])
2 votes for [color="#008000"]Saltcliffe [/color]([color="#FF0000"]Volmark[/color], [color="#008000"]Merlyn[/color])

2 players have not voted: [color="#FF8C00"]Harlaw[/color], Myre.[/quote]

It should be added that Orkwood and Goodbrother have been pushing for Volmark, while the other three players have been joining that mob. Me because noboddy liked my lynch alternatives (suckers!), and Farwynd and Saltclife because I-dunno-but-they-have-been-innocent-so-it-does-not-really-matter.

Myre, you did remove your vote from Volmark, right? Is there a reason why you did not put it back when a Volmark lynch seemed inevitable?

Oh, and I missed a good reason why Orkwood might have killed Kenning!

So far I only looked at the players that Kenning suspected, but not at those that suspected Kenning. Let's remember that the SK does not want to get shot. Like already stated in my grand Orkwood analysis, Orkwood avoided to make enemies on day 1 and 2. On day 1 he was on the Merlyn mob, but a lot of others also wanted Merlyn dead at that point, so keeping Merlyn alive was a bareable risk. Kenning, however, has not been in the centre of attention. I have to check yet who else was attacking Kenning on day 1, but I can see Orkwood killing Kenning as a preemptive strike (If I have to kill someone, it might be better someone who might kill me).

[quote name='House Botley' post='1572571' date='Oct 30 2008, 19.31']Update:

Looks like we managed to lynch almost everyone who didn't vote for Merlyn. I'm glad now that I was right that at least one SK has been on the mob. I will have a look at the Volmark mob now to see if there's some useful information.

Myre, could you please have a look at the nightkills again? The only one alive who might have had a reason to kill Grief is Harlaw, but why did Harlaw kill Merlyn then?

Orkwood had a reason to kill Merlyn, but I fail to see why he chose Kenning - beside that he might have tried to hide in the pool of contributive players, to decrease the chance of him being NKed.[/quote]

I gave my analysis of the Merlyn kill yesterday evening. I think the reasons that made sense, for everyone that was on your lynch list were to avoid confirming your suspicions by killing you, avoid removing possible opponents to you, and confuse things. I think Orkwood had other reasons to kill Merlyn, which makes him a more likely killer, but I don't think the Merlyn kill is totally absurd from Harlaw's perspective.

Regarding the Kenning kill, I don't know. I didn't have much thoughts on the Kenning kill at the time. He left very few ties. It's possible he was killed to help frame Farwynd later. It's possible he was killed using random.org. Someone (you?) suggested that he was killed because he looked innocent. I think all of those are possibilities. If we are right on Orkwood, it could be a combination: avoid removing the top posters to hide better, kill someone who looked innocent (and avoid losing a kill by targeting the other SK) and who gave us little tracks to work on.

[quote name='House Botley' post='1572577' date='Oct 30 2008, 19.43']Don't know if we can learn much from this:

It should be added that Orkwood and Goodbrother have been pushing for Volmark, while the other three players have been joining that mob. Me because noboddy liked my lynch alternatives (suckers!), and Farwynd and Saltclife because I-dunno-but-they-have-been-innocent-so-it-does-not-really-matter.

Myre, you did remove your vote from Volmark, right? Is there a reason why you did not put it back when a Volmark lynch seemed inevitable?[/quote]

IIRC, I removed my vote before going to bed and Farwynd killed Volmark before I had the possibility to vote back. I have to check.

ETA: that's about it but not exactly. I checked in before going to work, thought Saltcliffe had just put the killing vote. I didn't vote at that moment because I didn't have time to read propoerly what had happened during the night (in particular your case on Orkwood). Then I was busy at work and Farwynd put on the killing vote before I came back.

Re:ETA. I'll be gone for 2-3 hours. I want to hear what Orkwood has to say. I'll vote when I'm back

[quote name='House Botley' post='1572589' date='Oct 30 2008, 19.55']Oh, and I missed a good reason why Orkwood might have killed Kenning!

So far I only looked at the players that Kenning suspected, but not at those that suspected Kenning. Let's remember that the SK does not want to get shot. Like already stated in my grand Orkwood analysis, Orkwood avoided to make enemies on day 1 and 2. On day 1 he was on the Merlyn mob, but a lot of others also wanted Merlyn dead at that point, so keeping Merlyn alive was a bareable risk. Kenning, however, has not been in the centre of attention. I have to check yet who else was attacking Kenning on day 1, but I can see Orkwood killing Kenning as a preemptive strike (If I have to kill someone, it might be better someone who might kill me).[/quote]

Except that if Orkwood was afraid Kenning was the other SK he wouldn't have targeted him. The second SK was bullet-proof on night 1.

[quote name='House Myre' post='1572601' date='Oct 30 2008, 13.05']ETA: that's about it but not exactly. I checked in before going to work, thought Saltcliffe had just put the killing vote. I didn't vote at that moment because I didn't have time to read propoerly what had happened during the night (in particular your case on Orkwood). Then I was busy at work and Farwynd put on the killing vote before I came back.[/quote]

Yeah, that bit has been puzzling me. If I wasn't that convinced of your innocence, I might say that you tried not to be on the lynchmob.

[quote name='House Myre' post='1572606' date='Oct 30 2008, 13.18']Except that if Orkwood was afraid Kenning was the other SK he wouldn't have targeted him. The second SK was bullet-proof on night 1.[/quote]

You're right. We can forget it.

* shoots his little pet theory *

It is day 5.

5 players remain: Botley, Goodbrother, Harlaw, Myre, Orkwood.

3 votes are needed for a conviction or to go to night.

2 votes for Orkwood (Goodbrother, Botley)

3 players have not voted: Harlaw, Myre, Orkwood.

If the game is still in play. The game will be paused at 7 am GMT Saturday and play will resume at 7am Monday. You may post durring this time but no votes will be valid.
You will have 24 hrs from 7am on Moday morning to post or be modkilled for inactiviity.

[quote name='House Harlaw' post='1572672' date='Oct 30 2008, 15.46']I am here and willing to vote Orkwood, but I would really like to hear what he has to say first.[/quote]

I can only see a psycho who is driven mad by his own guilt! :ninja:

chirpchirpchirpchirpchirp

[quote name='House Botley' post='1572627' date='Oct 30 2008, 20.48']Yeah, that bit has been puzzling me. If I wasn't that convinced of your innocence, I might say that you tried not to be on the lynchmob.[/quote]

What would I gain from not being on the lynchmob? I had attacked Volmark hard enough that being there or not didn't change much.

Okay, I'm about to go back and find if there's anything there, but I'm a little worried I lasted so long.

Who's benefiting from me remaining the focus of guilt? Who's subtly getting other people lynched while keeping me target #1?

I'm going to back and try to find out.

p.s. It was a fucking CRICKET!

Archived