MAFIA 58

Ser Spidey

[quote name='House Botley' post='1571141' date='Oct 29 2008, 06.28']Farwynd, please don't think that I am an ass.[/quote]I'm sorry but I do. To have this response after the effort I went through and the lack that Orkwood did is really shitty. If someone could point out flaws in my reasoning, that is one thing, however nobody has been able to adequately do so. Fuck, the case Orkwood made was based on the fact that I was under the radar (false) until the even SK died. Rigoddamndiculous.

[quote name='House Botley' post='1571141' date='Oct 29 2008, 06.28']I have already given my reasoning why Orkwood and you are my main suspects.[/quote]What have I not adequately explained?

[quote name='House Botley' post='1571141' date='Oct 29 2008, 06.28']I have also explained why I don't suspect Myre, Merlyn and Goodbrother.

Four suspects - four lynches. For me game is already over.[/quote]I agree with you when push comes to shove on each, but I wouldn't say they are all CI. Also, once again, you need to survive to be sure this will happen. If I were you, I'd want to be sure I made the right decision every day instead of just one of the possibilities. Particularly today when there is a NK coming.

[quote name='House Farwynd' post='1571146' date='Oct 29 2008, 04.36']I'm sorry but I do. To have this response after the effort I went through and the lack that Orkwood did is really shitty. If someone could point out flaws in my reasoning, that is one thing, however nobody has been able to adequately do so. Fuck, the case Orkwood made was based on the fact that I was under the radar (false) until the even SK died. Rigoddamndiculous.

What have I not adequately explained?

I agree with you when push comes to shove on each, but I wouldn't say they are all CI. Also, once again, you need to survive to be sure this will happen. If I were you, I'd want to be sure I made the right decision every day instead of just one of the possibilities. Particularly today when there is a NK coming.[/quote]

I have my own case on you. I don't care for Orkwood's case. You are the player that fits into all the possible SK categories.

I also have my case against Orkwood. DOn't worry, he looks even more guilty to me than you do.

While you're still alive, you coud at least agree with my reasoning that Myre and Merlyn are VPI.

[quote name='House Farwynd' post='1571146' date='Oct 29 2008, 04.36']If I were you, I'd want to be sure I made the right decision every day instead of just one of the possibilities. Particularly today when there is a NK coming.[/quote]

Ok, fine:

[size=5]If I should die tonight, you better fucking lynch Orkwood, Harlaw and Saltcliffe or I will be seriously mad over there in the spoilers.

I also don't want to hear the words "WIFOM" or "BIFOM" in connection with my dead. There is no WIFOMBIFOM, there's only fear and keeping the suspect pool as big as possible. If we lynch these four players, we have won the game.[/size]

Point.

[quote name='House Botley' post='1571149' date='Oct 29 2008, 06.40']I have my own case on you. I don't care for Orkwood's case. You are the player that fits into all the possible SK categories.[/quote]How so? If you've already explained it sufficiently, you can just link to the case.
[quote name='House Botley' post='1571149' date='Oct 29 2008, 06.40']I also have my case against Orkwood. DOn't worry, he looks even more guilty to me than you do.[/quote]Then vote him ffs. Lynching me is just going to keep the game going and potentially kill you or Myre.

[quote name='House Botley' post='1571149' date='Oct 29 2008, 06.40']While you're still alive, you coud at least agree with my reasoning that Myre and Merlyn are VPI.[/quote]Why Merlyn again? I think he is innocent based on his Day 3 posts that seemed genuine, although I am pissed he switched to vote for me.

eta- :rofl: :rofl: Nice Botley :).

[quote name='House Botley' post='1571141' date='Oct 29 2008, 11.28']Four suspects - four lynches. For me game is already over.[/quote]You are one happy person!

Suppose this scenario: Farwynd lynched. Myre killed. Orkwood lynched. Saltcliffe lynched. Botley killed. Leaves me, Harlaw and Merlyn. Not lucky endgame for me, since I am in no way convinced of Merlyn's innocence and can't say now whom I'll vote, it would be hard choice.

But if we leave both Farwynd and Orkwood alone, I feel there is decent chance of one of them being killed, which would rather simplify our situation.
If not, endgame will be Farwynd, Orkwood and somebody third. If I'll be that third person, I'll vote Orkwood easily. Otherwise, that third person should ask himself, why he is still alive and vote player he trusted before.
I like this plan...

[quote name='House Goodbrother' post='1571153' date='Oct 29 2008, 06.48']You are one happy person!

Suppose this scenario: Farwynd lynched. Myre killed. Orkwood lynched. Saltcliffe lynched. Botley killed. Leaves me, Harlaw and Merlyn. Not lucky endgame for me, since I am in no way convinced of Merlyn's innocence and can't say now whom I'll vote, it would be hard choice.[/quote]See Botley! :P
[quote name='House Goodbrother' post='1571153' date='Oct 29 2008, 06.48']But if we leave both Farwynd and Orkwood alone, I feel there is decent chance of one of them being killed, which would rather simplify our situation.
If not, endgame will be Farwynd, Orkwood and somebody third. If I'll be that third person, I'll vote Orkwood easily. Otherwise, that third person should ask himself, why he is still alive and vote player he trusted before.
I like this plan...[/quote]It is a nice idea, but there is no way a killer would kill either of us (assuming Orkwood isn't the killer). Unfortunately, Myre is pretty much doomed tonight (sorry buddy:() unless the game ends when we lynch Orkwood today.

If it is me or someone other than Orkwood, I'd vote someone else I suppose (better them than me). However...all we need is for you to vote Orkwood, then Botley will switch because he finds Orkwood more suspicious anyway, followed by Myre, and then someone else will come on and finish it...plenty of time. Don't tell me we can't do it. Yes, we can.

YES
WE
CAN!!!

[quote name='House Goodbrother' post='1571153' date='Oct 29 2008, 04.48']You are one happy person!

Suppose this scenario: Farwynd lynched. Myre killed. Orkwood lynched. Saltcliffe lynched. Botley killed. Leaves me, Harlaw and Merlyn. Not lucky endgame for me, since I am in no way convinced of Merlyn's innocence and can't say now whom I'll vote, it would be hard choice.

But if we leave both Farwynd and Orkwood alone, I feel there is decent chance of one of them being killed, which would rather simplify our situation.
I like this plan...[/quote]
Look at Merlyn's defense from day 1. Look at the Kenning kill. Both don't make much sense if Merlyn was actually the odd SK. If I had to choose between Harlaw, Merlyn and you I wouldn't even blink before my vote was on Harlaw.

Reread Orkwood on day 1.
My thoughts so far:
Orkwood makes the impression to have taken the game light-heartedly on day 1.
He was not as confrontational as I got the impression he was, as Botley noted in his case.

What struck me the most is this:
Orkwood was set on lynching Merlyn and didn't mention the possibility of switching to Farwynd (whom Botley wanted lynched). Only mentioned Farwynd later, when Farwynd was there and there were not enough people to change the tide anyway. I find it a bit surprising on the reread because:
1) Farwynd and Merlyn were pretty equivalent in my book until Farwynd came back.
2) Orkwood was the 3rd vote on Merlyn after Farwynd and Goodbrother, but if I had joined Botley on Farwynd as I considered doing (and said so in the thread), it would have been same number on Farwynd and Merlyn. So the lynch would probably have been possible.

Only thing is I don't see what Orkwood would have gained from that. If he's guilty he's the odd SK so didn't have to worry about being night-killed on day 1, so attacking Farwynd as well as Merlyn wasn't that dangerous.

I'll keep going.

[quote name='House Botley' post='1571156' date='Oct 29 2008, 11.53']Look at Merlyn's defense from day 1. Look at the Kenning kill. Both don't make much sense if Merlyn was actually the odd SK.[/quote]Kenning kill doesn't make sense for Merlyn, true; but it also doesn't make sense for Harlaw and any other player except Fawrynd.
As for defence, the fact is it was [i]successfull[/i].

[quote name='House Goodbrother' post='1571161' date='Oct 29 2008, 07.00']Kenning kill doesn't make sense for Merlyn, true; but it also doesn't make sense for Harlaw and any other player except Fawrynd.
As for defence, the fact is it was [i]successfull[/i].[/quote]The Kenning kill makes zero sense for me. If I was the SK and going to kill somebody because they suspected me, it would have been Botley. Kenning's posts were few and far between, he should have been modkilled once already (why potentially waste a kill when they may off themselves?) and his attacks on me were extremely weak. I'm not sure who I would have killed if I was the SK...probably Harlaw or someone else quiet that wouldn't necessarily lead back to me.

[quote name='House Orkwood' post='1568837' date='Oct 27 2008, 19.32']Right, so I've been at work all day, and posting privileges are reserved there, unless something huge comes up. Anything said so far i felt could wait until now, and in all honesty the main active time is likely to be now until a few hours from now anyhow.

So, what have i seen that's really stood out?

I'll parrot everyone else with [b]Volmark[/b]'s slip. I still feel the way it's phrased shouts out slip. Then again, we've all made false slips before, so it's not a deal sealer. Worth a vote for now though...

However, one thing that only Merlyn has picked up on at all, and even then hasn't really connected the dots with is Volmark's suspect list. Goodbrother and Myre. Two of our more active players. At least one of them would have to be counted as one of the leaders so far. Two people that have shown that a SK might have cause to fear them later.

Now I'm not saying that they are both innocent. They could be guilty, although that's another story for another time, probably even another day. However, they haven't stood out as guilty. They aren't the prime choices. Sure I was pushing goodbrother for a while, but that was very early day1ish stuff.

However, neither of them dropped dead last night.

What would be ideal for a SK? Why, to lynch one today, kill the other tonight. They could even WIFOM a "would i be silly enough to kill a top suspect" with it.

[u]I can definately see Volmark being the even day killer. Can't see him being the odd day killer.[/u][/quote]

I think someone already mentioned focus on the even killer, but can't remember who and if it was about Farwynd or Orkwood.
Anyway, I don't really understand Orkwood's reasoning to disculpate Volmark as the odd SK. I had voiced suspicions of Volmark on day 1 (even said I was considering switching to him at some point I think), so I can understand why he wouldn't kill me on night 1. As for Goodbrother, he had defended me, so if Volmark wanted to get me lynched Goodbrother was perhaps not the better choice for a night kill.
OTOH, if Orkwood is the odd SK, did he have interest in making comments that could show he knows more than average people. :unsure:
Again don't really know what to make of it.

ETA: only other person Orkwood somewhat attacked yesterday was Botley, also accused of being a potential even killer. And it was not a very hard attack.

ETA2: lunch time, I'll finish after

This is a happy little mod who lives in the land of fluffy bunnies.

And this is a reminder to keep it nice and happy. Mafia can be a stressfull game. If you find yourself getting aggrevated please consider taking a deep breath and think happy thoughts. Or I'll get the Lime Jello out.

ok carry on. :D

[quote name='House Farwynd' post='1571162' date='Oct 29 2008, 06.03']The Kenning kill makes zero sense for me. If I was the SK and going to kill somebody because they suspected me, it would have been Botley. Kenning's posts were few and far between, he should have been modkilled once already (why potentially waste a kill when they may off themselves?) and his attacks on me were extremely weak. I'm not sure who I would have killed if I was the SK...probably Harlaw or someone else quiet that wouldn't necessarily lead back to me.[/quote]
Killing Kenning makes sense for everyone who has been a contributive player, for he kept the killing pool wide open. The odd SK is not BP on night 2, so he wants to keep those players alive that are killable. Of course he would do that only if he was in a rather good (=killable) situation himself. Hence the kill makes sense for almost everyone but Merlyn.

[quote name='House Botley' post='1571177' date='Oct 29 2008, 07.21']Killing Kenning makes sense for everyone who has been a contributive player, for he kept the killing pool wide open. The odd SK is not BP on night 2, so he wants to keep those players alive that are killable. Of course he would do that only if he was in a rather good (=killable) situation himself. Hence the kill makes sense for almost everyone but Merlyn.[/quote]Hm, I suppose, but there is rarely a lack of 'killable' players. Still, I maintain that it wouldn't make sense for me. Kills like that always come back to give you some grief (like it has somewhat for me), so the reward is really pretty minimal and there would be more risk for me than if I killed someone like Harlaw.

[quote name='House Farwynd' post='1571180' date='Oct 29 2008, 05.24']Hm, I suppose, but there is rarely a lack of 'killable' players. Still, I maintain that it wouldn't make sense for me. Kills like that always come back to give you some grief (like it has somewhat for me), so the reward is really pretty minimal and there would be more risk for me than if I killed someone like Harlaw.[/quote]
It makes sense for you. Two players were voting for you on day 1: Kenning and me. Orkwood considered to join the case. This was a potential threat for you. Killing one of those three makes sense, especially Kenning, who was the weakest link towards you. Killing Orkwood or me would have gotten you into deeper trouble. If you were the SK, of course.

* shouts *

Axes, gallows, Death Stars. Only half the price. Buy now and lynch now!!!!!!!

[quote name='House Botley' post='1571190' date='Oct 29 2008, 07.40']It makes sense for you. Two players were voting for you on day 1: Kenning and me. Orkwood considered to join the case. This was a potential threat for you. Killing one of those three makes sense, especially Kenning, who was the weakest link towards you. Killing Orkwood or me would have gotten you into deeper trouble. If you were the SK, of course.[/quote]Orkwood is full of malarky. He didn't post any serious suspicion of me until today IIRC. Day 1 suspicions don't often pass over to day 2 and culminate in serious suspicion and a lynch IMO. Killing Kenning may be would you would have done if you were me and I was evil, but I'm me and if I was evil I would have done things differently...but I'm not evil, I'm just innocent me :).

[quote name='House Botley' post='1571190' date='Oct 29 2008, 07.40']* shouts *

Axes, gallows, Death Stars. Only half the price. Buy now and lynch now!!!!!!![/quote]Your lynch train sucks and is getting rusty. Mine is still pristine and has the power of a million horses. Join my lynch train. Yes we can!

Hello again. Tomorrow, if the game is not over, and you really feel it necessary, go ahead an lynch me. I refuse to be mod killed. I won't take a day away from the innocents. I am innocent, but discovered yesterday that I have no time to play, not even evenings or weekends.

I'll help lynch the likely choice each day, until you lunch me or we win. Truly sorry I can't actually play. I love this game and hate that I won't be able to play again until after the end of the year.

[quote name='House Harlaw' post='1571201' date='Oct 29 2008, 06.55']Hello again. Tomorrow, if the game is not over, and you really feel it necessary, go ahead an lynch me. I refuse to be mod killed. I won't take a day away from the innocents. I am innocent, but discovered yesterday that I have no time to play, not even evenings or weekends.

I'll help lynch the likely choice each day, until you lunch me or we win. Truly sorry I can't actually play. I love this game and hate that I won't be able to play again until after the end of the year.[/quote]

That's a good reason why we shouldn't wait until the whole 32 hours of this day are over. This waiting is starting to get ridiculous. We should prepare Farwynd and Orkwood ASAP for their flight to spoiler heaven.

* hands wings to Farwynd and Orkwood *

Archived