MAFIA 59

House Targaryen

It is day 1.

10 players remain: Ashford, Baelish, Cassel, Clegane, Dondarrion, Hunter, Kenning, Swann, Tully, Yronwood.

6 votes are needed for a conviction or 5 to go to night.

5 votes for Swann (Clegane, Kenning, Yronwood, Cassel, Ashford)
1 vote for Kenning (Dondarrion)
1 vote for Tully (Hunter)

3 players have not voted: Baelish, Swann, Tully.

[quote name='House Yronwood' post='1597677' date='Nov 22 2008, 17.18']Shadow Ashford is starting to be a pain in the ass.

Real Ashford apparently needs to stick around if he wants his vote to count today.[/quote]
I was thinking the same thing.

Targ said no one else had access to his account. But Targ didn't say that someone else wasn't directing Targ to do it. It's not a reactive power. It is an active power that someone is purposely doing. Or Ashford is crazy.

(If I had to lay a name to it, I'd guess the person directing this is "The Mindman".)

The flipside, the Shadower isn't furthering his own agenda here... meaning going to night isn't trying to move Ashford to another lynch train (of course that might be too obvious) he is just changing votes. Apparently he isn't allowed to actually pretend to be Ashford, just vote.

But Shadowman could be furthering his own agenda if he doesn't want Swann voted for... erm I think me and Donny two to aren't really gung ho for Swann's death. And Donny claimed Copyman. LOL I am not the Shadowman!

[quote name='House Cassel' post='1597683' date='Nov 22 2008, 17.23'][b]Swann[/b] has to hang.

Obviously, Shadow Ashford is an FM.[/quote]
What? That makes no sense. Shadowman is a FM who earlier in the game was moving Ashford's vote to Swann, and now he is moving it away from Swann? So we have to kill Swann? If anything this ought to make you feel better about Swann.

[quote name='House Ashford' post='1597675' date='Nov 22 2008, 17.17'][b]Unvote Swann

Vote for night[/b][/quote]

[quote name='House Ashford' post='1597687' date='Nov 22 2008, 17.28'][b]Unvote

Vote Swann[/b][/quote]

Neither of these were me. But since my vote was on Swann originally, I'm not going to change it.

[quote name='House Hunter' post='1597689' date='Nov 22 2008, 17.30']Targ said no one else had access to his account. But Targ didn't say that someone else wasn't directing Targ to do it. It's not a reactive power. It is an active power that someone is purposely doing.[/quote]

Seems like Pipes has created a lot of work for himself then. I mean, I agree with your reasoning, I'm just a bit surprised.

[quote name='House Ashford' post='1597711' date='Nov 22 2008, 17.47']We have ten minutes left. Hunter, will you vote Swann for the lynch?[/quote]
I have been debating this for the last 20 minutes in my mind. I am a [i]huge[/i] proponent of Day 1 lynches. But I don't think I can vote for Swann here... not even for a lynch. I am pretty darn sure that we are being manipulated by Shadowman, and I am not playing his game.

I am sure I'll pay for this tomorrow. But that is OK.

I imagine when Qorgy comes back all raised from the dead, he is going to take it out on me as well... LOL.

[quote name='House Hunter' post='1597713' date='Nov 22 2008, 16.52']I have been debating this for the last 20 minutes in my mind. I am a [i]huge[/i] proponent of Day 1 lynches. But I don't think I can vote for Swann here... not even for a lynch. I am pretty darn sure that we are being manipulated by Shadowman, and I am not playing his game.

I imagine when Qorgy comes back all raised from the dead, he is going to take it out on me as well... LOL.[/quote]

This makes no sense. You cannot be a huge proponent of day one lynches and then deliberately wreck a day one lynch, just because of the action of some poorly understood role.

Ashwood is right, Hunter, what are you playing at?

Also, I believe someone asked me about my comment on Qorgyle doing something un-townlike.

Let me address this for you, a symp would be safe to do this as its a distancing tactic and should he be lynched will come up Inno. Thats at least what occured to me.

[quote name='House Cassel' post='1597728' date='Nov 22 2008, 18.04']Hunter, you better hope Swann doesn't slip guilty now...[/quote]
Yes, I know. Believe me it's been weighing pretty heavily on me.

And dammit, my date has arrived... before the results show up.

Grrrrrr

Later all... Here's hoping I get lucky. (Double entandre intended)

[quote name='House Tully' post='1597727' date='Nov 22 2008, 17.03']Let me address this for you, a symp would be safe to do this as its a distancing tactic and should he be lynched will come up Inno. Thats at least what occured to me.[/quote]

Would a symp want to distance?

A symp counts towards the FMs winning numbers right? So assuming there are 2 fms and maybe 1 symp, selling one of them out, because they did something stupid means, that they become more likely to be innocent in the town's eyes. Which gives them a big advantage.

And if you are wondering how I got to this crazy idea, I have been in games where the innocents lost because of this sort of thing.

[quote name='House Tully' post='1597743' date='Nov 22 2008, 18.17']A symp counts towards the FMs winning numbers right? So assuming there are 2 fms and maybe 1 symp, selling one of them out, because they did something stupid means, that they become more likely to be innocent in the town's eyes. Which gives them a big advantage.

And if you are wondering how I got to this crazy idea, I have been in games where the innocents lost because of this sort of thing.[/quote]

Oh I see, yes the FM would want to distance themselves from their symp, but (assuming the FM don't initially know who their symp is) th symp wouldn't want to distance themselves too vigorously from the FM.

The vote was just in time.

It is day 1.

10 players remain: Ashford, Baelish, Cassel, Clegane, Dondarrion, Hunter, Kenning, Swann, Tully, Yronwood.

6 votes are needed for a conviction or 5 to go to night.

6 votes for Swann (Clegane, Kenning, Yronwood, Cassel, Ashford, Tully)
1 vote for Kenning (Dondarrion)
1 vote for Tully (Hunter)

2 players have not voted: Baelish, Swann.

It was a slow start that you had in this game, but then events came thick and fast.

It began with Ashford: "I like vanilla ice. No, I don't. I hate it actually. But hey, that wasn't me, because I [i]love [/i]vanilla ice. And I want to sleep. No, we all should stay awake. Get out of my head! Get out of your head! Who me? Huh?!?"

Then it seemed to be a good idea to lynch Qorgyle. But just as you had this guy in a corner together with a chair and a rope, he disappeared before your eyes.

With Qorgyle away, you realized that only little time was left. So in only a few minutes the dislike of Swann turned into a hatred, and he was pulled on the chair by Ashford and Yronwood, but then Ashford tried to get Swann down again, so you decided to give Ashford some pills. Placebos, but they seemed to work, because now he wanted to kill Swann again with his bare hands.

In that moment, Hunter stepped forward. "I know that we should lynch, but I have decided that Swann must be innocent. Look at his face, how calm and peaceful it is. See, he will do us no harm, he is innocent!"

Hunter fondly stroked Swann's hair, smiling at the impatient audience. "Wittle, wittle Swann, we all wuv you, yeah, we all wuuuu-uuuv you!"

But then Swann started to scream, and his face turned to a mask of hate and madness. He pushed away Hunter and tried to grab that axe, that had been hanging at the wall unnoticed all the time. He almost got it when Tully woke up from his nap and stretched his legs, which mad Swann stumble and fall - right into that bear trap. Not much did remain of Swann's head, but enough for you to identify him

SPOILER: as
mentat

who was

SPOILER: drumroll
a maniac killer (FM)

It is night. Please send me your night actions.

[quote name='House Hunter' post='1597713' date='Nov 22 2008, 17.52']I have been debating this for the last 20 minutes in my mind. I am a [i]huge[/i] proponent of Day 1 lynches. But I don't think I can vote for Swann here... not even for a lynch. I am pretty darn sure that we are being manipulated by Shadowman, and I am not playing his game.

I imagine when Qorgy comes back all raised from the dead, he is going to take it out on me as well... LOL.[/quote]Obviously I'm posting this after the day ended but man, what the hell. Don't ever call yourself a proponent of Day 1 lynches and then don't vote for the lynch. I'm booting you out of the PoDOLL (Poe-doll: Proponents of Day One Lynches League) and possibly voting for you tomorrow. I am getting off for awhile as RL is going pretty much the opposite of how this game is going for me (an innocent that just lynched a FM day 1).

Archived