MAFIA 59

House Targaryen

This is real Ashford here, not shadow Ashford.

[quote name='House Clegane' post='1597187' date='Nov 21 2008, 23.44']Also, wasn't it Piper who said he won't use a warging role without notification anymore?
Simplest explanation is Ashford lied. What he would win from such a lie? Trust. It might be classic example of Swann defence.[/quote]

I think what Piper said was that he won't run a game with unusual roles without a role list again. Since that is plainly what he has done, I'm not sure this counts for anything. I wish I was creative enough to make this up; unfortunately however, I am telling the truth as best as I can make it out.

I should clarify, I have been given a role (a bit of a crappy one, but I do know what it is); I could have additional role on top of that, but my suspicion is that the role changing my vote belongs to someone else. My initial thought might be that Dondarrion has a role which means that the first person to vote for them (which was me) has their vote changed to someone else. If Dondy doesn't know what their role is that would make this theory more likely imo. What are other people's thoughts?

[quote name='House Clegane' post='1597295' date='Nov 22 2008, 04.28']Swann, what was the reason for removing your vote but voting Ashford again immedeately after? Are you warged also?[/quote]

I thought he was testing Hunter's hypothesis that if Swann votes for me, Shadow Ashford votes in retaliation for Swann.

[quote name='House Clegane' post='1597295' date='Nov 22 2008, 06.28']Swann, what was the reason for removing your vote but voting Ashford again immedeately after? Are you warged also?[/quote]

Have you read the thread?

He was specifically ASKED to do so to see if it triggered an instant response vote on him.

He unvoted and revoted to test a game mechanic.

[quote name='House Ashford' post='1597300' date='Nov 22 2008, 11.33']I thought he was testing Hunter's hypothesis that if Swann votes for me, Shadow Ashford votes in retaliation for Swann.[/quote]Yes, [url="http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?s=&showtopic=31907&view=findpost&p=1597228"]this[/url].

EDIT: Welcome back Cassel.

[quote name='House Kenning' post='1597302' date='Nov 22 2008, 06.34']EDIT: Welcome back Cassel.[/quote]

thanks, it's a post and run (for an hour or so, not long term) though. Hunter-gatherer instincts are taking over, so I must pick up my spear and go provide food for the clan!

Before I go hunt for Mammoth, A few thoughts.

So far, the only possible badguy things I can see are the two non joke votes I placed. On second read, one was wrong. I thought Swan put the third vote on Ashford, but Tully had already removed his and moved it to swan by this point, so it wasn't really a train after all. I just got vote-blinded.

Then as the Swan train builds a little momentum (3 votes as we didn't yet know Ashfords was shadow-him) Qorgyle jumps on, becoming the 4th with what appears to be a joke vote.

I know this is fairly weak, day 1 lynch train analysing before we even have a cf result, but hey, beyond that we have pretty much nothing to go on.

[quote name='House Tully' post='1597190' date='Nov 22 2008, 06.52']They were nonsensical,
but then that's the fun
of early day one :P

oh and [b]unvote[/b], I am a little concerned that Swann managed to earn himself 4 votes so quickly.
My vote was "he is not here lets put one on him" vote. I see now that was not a good idea, considering that apparently we have someone who can change peoples votes and is apparently not worried about using it early![/quote]Tully, why did you unvote here? Swann was rather quickly up to 4 votes (Tully 'summoning', ShadowAshford, Cassel 'bandwagon accusation, Qorgyle 'annoying'), however it took all of two posts to get cut in half (Ashford removes SAs vote and Cassel accuses Qorgyle of jumping on the second (really third) train) leaving Qorgyle (who moved on shortly thereafter) and yourself.* Why are you so concerned about your vote and feel the need to explain yourself when your situation was quite apparent? This reaction feels like a bit much to me for someone who has their ass already covered with their vote (clear summoning vote) and was the only person currently voting for that person. Struck me as odd.

[quote name='House Cassel' post='1597303' date='Nov 22 2008, 11.36']thanks, it's a post and run (for an hour or so, not long term) though. Hunter-gatherer instincts are taking over, so I must pick up my spear and go provide food for the clan![/quote]Word up.

[quote name='House Cassel' post='1597305' date='Nov 22 2008, 11.47']Before I go hunt for Mammoth, A few thoughts.

So far, the only possible badguy things I can see are the two non joke votes I placed. On second read, one was wrong. I thought Swan put the third vote on Ashford, but Tully had already removed his and moved it to swan by this point, so it wasn't really a train after all. I just got vote-blinded.

Then as the Swan train builds a little momentum (3 votes as we didn't yet know Ashfords was shadow-him) Qorgyle jumps on, becoming the 4th with what appears to be a joke vote.

I know this is fairly weak, day 1 lynch train analysing before we even have a cf result, but hey, beyond that we have pretty much nothing to go on.[/quote]This is all kind of humorous considering you were the 3rd vote on Swann yourself. Interesting, no?

We definitely need to hear some more from Yronwood (don't vote me and then ditch, bitch :)), Dondarrion, and Baelish. Swann too. And everyone else.

*By the way Targ of Chaos, [url="http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?s=&showtopic=31907&view=findpost&p=1596838"]Qorgyle's vote[/url] isn't in either of [url="http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?s=&showtopic=31907&view=findpost&p=1596895"]these [/url][url="http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?s=&showtopic=31907&view=findpost&p=1596997"]two [/url]vote counts. Thanks. EDIT: Hm, role list...interesting...not really worth discussing at this point though I don't think.

[quote name='House Kenning' post='1597309' date='Nov 22 2008, 11.02']*By the way Targ of Chaos, [url="http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?s=&showtopic=31907&view=findpost&p=1596838"]Qorgyle's vote[/url] isn't in either of [url="http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?s=&showtopic=31907&view=findpost&p=1596895"]these [/url][url="http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?s=&showtopic=31907&view=findpost&p=1596997"]two [/url]vote counts. Thanks. EDIT: Hm, role list...interesting...not really worth discussing at this point though I don't think.[/quote]

Vote counts corrected. :cheers:

[quote name='House Ashford' post='1597299' date='Nov 22 2008, 06.32']My initial thought might be that Dondarrion has a role which means that the first person to vote for them (which was me)[/quote]That's wrong, I voted Dondarrion at my second post, for RP.
[quote]He unvoted and revoted to test a game mechanic.[/quote]Ok, now I see. I never believed in that test, so forgot about it.

[quote name='House Kenning' post='1597309' date='Nov 22 2008, 07.02']This is all kind of humorous considering you were the 3rd vote on Swann yourself. Interesting, no?[/quote]

Ah well. Mine was a meaningful vote based on an action they had committed. It wasn't a "You are annoying".

I see a third vote, with reason, as a totally different kettle of fish to a fourth vote with little to no reason. One is Mafia, the other is bandwagoning.

That said, I am a funny guy. Perhaps that's why you see me as humorous?

I see no correlation between Swann and Ashford. Thank you Swann for testing the crackpot theory.

My timer says 9.5 hours til end of day. I have to attend a job training this morning, but see no reason that I won't be back for the day ends. I'll [b]remove vote[/b] for Baelish before I go.

[quote name='House Cassel' post='1597332' date='Nov 22 2008, 07.52']Ah well. Mine was a meaningful vote based on an action they had committed. It wasn't a "You are annoying".

I see a third vote, with reason, as a totally different kettle of fish to a fourth vote with little to no reason. One is Mafia, the other is bandwagoning.

That said, I am a funny guy. Perhaps that's why you see me as humorous?[/quote]Alright...though you neglected to point out that I was actually wrong, you were the second vote on Swann. I'm a bit surprised you didn't correct me on that.

[quote name='House Baelish' post='1597348' date='Nov 22 2008, 08.41']How kind of you, Hunter.

I have no time right now, I've just caught up and will try to participate later.[/quote]When do you think you'll be able to? I was hoping that things would pick up with the weekend :/.

OK have only a moment or so too post, before I have to go out again and I do not think I will be back before day end.
Have read over, wish I could be around a bit more today, but that is not going to happen.

@Kenning: It was a summoning vote, why not remove it after swann appeared? As for the stuff afterwards, well I have never played a game with a warg in it, as I think someone called it, so if I reacted oddly its because I am a little shocked.

Oh and [b]Vote: Qorgyle[/b]
His sudden jump onto the train struck me as irresponsible and as it has no reason or backing and is not something I can see town doing.

[quote name='House Tully' post='1597357' date='Nov 22 2008, 09.18']OK have only a moment or so too post, before I have to go out again and I do not think I will be back before day end.
Have read over, wish I could be around a bit more today, but that is not going to happen.

Oh and [b]Vote: Qorgyle[/b]
His sudden jump onto the train struck me as irresponsible and as it has no reason or backing and is not something I can see town doing.[/quote]You believe that early day 1, as an FM, Qorgyle put himself in a dangerous position by dropping a baseless bandwagon vote? To what end?

[quote name='House Targaryen' post='1597307' date='Nov 22 2008, 04.58']Since I'm not that mean, I will give you at least the names of the roles:

The Copyman
The Empath
The Invincible
The Gargoyle
The Genius
The Mindman
The Sheepmaker
The Stoplightman
The Timetraveller
The Zombie

One role is going to stay mysterious, though.[/quote]

At a guess it was The Sheepmaker who made me vote for Swann. This would seem to indicate that whoever has that role makes someone vote for whoever was voted for last (the last vote posted before ShadowAshford's Swann vote was also for Swann). Exactly how this works though is a mystery to me.
[quote name='House Clegane' post='1597324' date='Nov 22 2008, 05.45']That's wrong, I voted Dondarrion at my second post, for RP.[/quote]

yes sorry I forgot about that. My mistake.

ETA: I assume that The Sheepmaker is either involuntary, or unknown to whoever has it. If not, whoever has that role might want to consider revealing to clear this up. But only do this if it would help innocents; i don't know whether that would be the case cos i dont know exactly what the role is.

[quote name='House Ashford' post='1597372' date='Nov 22 2008, 09.50']At a guess it was The Sheepmaker who made me vote for Swann. This would seem to indicate that whoever has that role makes someone vote for whoever was voted for last (the last vote posted before ShadowAshford's Swann vote was also for Swann). Exactly how this works though is a mystery to me.[/quote]I pray that the Sheepmaker is another name for the Ovinomancer, which was a role where one could target any other person and force them to talk only in "bahhs", quotes, and emotes because it was funny. I also pray that they don't use it on me :P.

[quote name='House Dondarrion' post='1597382' date='Nov 22 2008, 10.11']I'm the Copymans. I take one person's powers, for one day.[/quote]

Ok, I mean, you could be making that up, but we can find that out later. Do you have anything else to say Dondarrion?

ETA: I see that Dondy's role claim is consistent with his other post which makes it more credible, but not completely so. Assuming Dondarrion is telling the truth, this means that he isn't the Sheepmaker. *sigh* This is too complicated

Archived