The Game of Thrones ADWD spoilers

Ser King

I for one dearly hope the Starks will make a surprising combat, or at least I hope one of them survives the mass genocides thats befalling them since the beginning. (A male, in order to continue the line of Stark).

Anyway, who do you think will emerge triumphant? Which will emerge as the "Alpha House" :D

Another Stark-sympathiser here. I really like them, and they're pretty much the only house that hasn't committed some heinous and unspeakable crime (at least as far as the books go).

Other than them, I hope at some point that Baratheon might get a swing at taking back [b]some[/b] power. I liked Robert, and I like Stannis even more.

I really hope that that the Targ's wont win in the end. It would be so bloody predictable. Daenerys attacks Westeros, Dorne helps her do it... We all now the story. While I definitely want Daeny to come back to Westeros and set a few things straight, I don't hope she "wins" it all.

Frey, Bolton and Greyjoy (possibly Umber as well) should be utterly exterminated... Damn turncloaks...

There will be another Stark in Winterfel. However, I'll be happy for the small time my Bolton family is in the spotlight. This doesn't mean they'll win completely but it implies they're not going to lose. If Dany wins I'll be disappointed, recreating the old historical conquering dragons and all really doesn't excite me.

Maybe some other unheard of power wins everything? Hail King Peasbury.

Hell maybe Bronn and his growing army of sellswords wins. Completely unlikely and possibly stupid but it emphasizes the point that we don't know. By the way, does anyone else think they'll play a decent roll if Tyrion ever comes back to Westeros?

I think there's a good chance for Bronn to help Tyrion if he ever decides to come back. Seems more than plausible to me, since the two of them are kinda "friends".

Good to see that I'm not the only one not liking the entire "Daeny's Return" theory. It seems very anti-climatic.

[quote name='Lady Blackfish' post='1574912' date='Nov 2 2008, 17.15']Wait, why Umber? Umbers seemed loyal to the end, did I miss something?[/quote]
*spoilers*

He's talking about the spoiler chapter, although only one of the two was an Umber, the other was a Karstark. IMO this doesn't imply they were "in cahoots" this just means they thought they had nowhere else to turn with all the male Starks dead and now with the Boltons as the wardens of the north recognized by the current largest power of Westeros, they probably thought that king Tommen would eventually get around to killing them if they decided to rebel against the Boltons, they acted for the preservation of their own houses, and besides, they have no reason to believe that Arya is a fake, so they probably think serving under one stark, even if that's not technically who they are serving, is better than death. I personally can't wait to see what happens the Karstarks after all they've done and now that they've allied with both stannis in the Jon spoiler chapter and Boltons (and therefore Tommen) in the Reek spoiler chapter.

[quote name='Winter Crow' post='1574862' date='Nov 2 2008, 17.09']I really hope that that the Targ's wont win in the end. It would be so bloody predictable. Daenerys attacks Westeros, Dorne helps her do it... We all now the story. While I definitely want Daeny to come back to Westeros and set a few things straight, I don't hope she "wins" it all.[/quote]

Just my guess: Daeny will invade Westeros, but she'll be taken by "Targaryen Madness" and will have to be killed (possibly by Tyrion, making him a "Queenslayer") Jon's heritage will be revealed, and he will be named king. He'll be able to take the throne because The Others will have destroyed The Wall and the Night's Watch. So, yes, it will end with a Targaryen on the throne, just not the Targaryen everyone is expecting.

i for one really [i][/i]don't[i][/i] wan't a Targ back on the throne. They were kinda foreign invaders after all -- coming from Valyria with their dragons and conquering the shit out of everyone. As for Dany...she hasn't even BEEN to westeros yet. she doesn't really get their culture or their people; she is essentially foreign as well. I mean, you can't even run for president if you weren't born in the US; i don't know how you can be an effective leader if you've never even been to the place you're supposed to lead.

House Other for the win!! :)

I think Dany will get her throne but Targaryen reign will end with her because she is not fertile and thus will have no true heir. She will adopt an heir and chances are it will be a Stark! The Starks will definitely get their comeback seeing as th last book was to be called "A Time for Wolves" and they'll end up on the winning side this time when all hell breaks loose in Westeros. Also, the Lannisters will not be wiped out since i dont think Tommen and Myrcella will die and since they aren't tainted with that cruel streak so prevalent in their house i think they can redeem the Lannister name.

When I said that the Umbers [b]might[/b] be turncloaks, I refered partly to the spoiler chapter, and partly to the fact that for some odd reason, the Greatjon is left [b]alive[/b] after the red wedding. It makes no sense. Catelyn was killed, and shy only killed a half-wit, but the Greatjon killed 3 men (as far as I remember) before being taken down, and that only to prison...

I'm not saying that the Greatjon or the Smalljon where traitors. I loved those two. They definitely were loyal to the very last, and the Greatjon is such a cool character.
But it seems to me that his two uncles might have stricken a deal with Bolton (or Frey), since the Greatjon was left alive. I think they did it so that he would remain to rule The Last Hearth. I seem to recall Ser Rodrik (or maybe it was Maester Luwin) saying that both Whoresbane and Crowfood was hated by the small folk at some point.

@freakinmayhew: Sounds like a very interresting idea! I hadn't thought about Daeny being undertaken by "The Taint" as Ser Barristan so colorfully names it. It would be a briliant plot twist.

While I'm completely rooting for the Jon and Dany duo win, we're forgetting someone. Littlefinger. I think he's power hungry and sees a way to rule the north with Sansa as well as the Eyrie with Harry the Heir (I think that was his name) by somehow controlling them like Varys does in Kings Landing. I think he's trying to get a hold of pretty much every part of the continent that he can so that he can rule, even in an indirect way. Therefore LF may help the two I'm rooting for, but who [i]really[/i] wins in the end?

Archived