Where will each POV end in the next book?

freakinmayhew

These are just guesses and are not to be taken seriously:

Daenerys Targaryen/Tyrion Lannister/Quentyn Martell: The three of them, along with their army will set sail for Asshai. Each of them will be riding a dragon.

Jon Snow/Bran Stark/Melisandre: Melisandre gets her followers to blow the horn of Joramun, the wall comes tumbling down and there's a full scale Other invasion. Stannis is killed and becomes a wight. Jon escapes with several of his compatriots with the help of Bran and the Children of the Forest.

Davos Seaworth: No idea, but I think he's dead meat.

Arya Stark: She'll get her first assignment to kill someone important (maybe Daenerys).

Asha Greyjoy/Theon Greyjoy: Asha will lead an attack on the Boltons and will unexpectedly find Theon, after which, she will make some witty comment on his state. Roose Bolton dies but Ramsay escapes.

Varamyr Sixskins: In the Prologue Varamyr will be in a group of wildlings who get ambushed by Others.

Sansa Stark: Sansa will discover that Littlefinger is plotting to kill Little Robert and will try to escape the Vale with him. Robert will fall off a cliff and die and Sansa will be blamed for it. Littlefinger, once again showing that he's only out for himself, will help perpetuate the story, thus getting all the lords of the Vale on his side.

[quote name='joepa' post='1574861' date='Nov 2 2008, 17.09']Why would she want the wall knocked down?[/quote]

Either (a) everything she's been saying is a lie and she's actually in league with The Others, or (b) she believes it will hasten the inevitable final battle of R'hllor against The Others.

Varamyr Sixskins - I'm with you on that one. I can't see any other reason to have him in there.
I just hope Tormund Giantsbane doesn't become a Wight. I like him too much.

Davos Seaworth - He will yell out "FREEDOOOOM!!!!" before the axe comes down..... or more likely complain about losing his "Luck"

Tyrion - We'll end his chapter with him looking out across the sea aboard a ship, thinking about snow, and how cold the air has become.

Brienne - Heading to Riverrun with Gendry and Company riding along. Nymeria's wolfpack will be howling in the background.
(I think she'll have 1 chapter)

Jon - arrives at Winterfell to meet Howland Reed with Ned's bones, and a letter from Robb.

Dany - Grieving over the body of a dead dragon... or three.

[quote name='freakinmayhew' post='1574883' date='Nov 2 2008, 16.41']Either (a) everything she's been saying is a lie and she's actually in league with The Others, or (b) she believes it will hasten the inevitable final battle of R'hllor against The Others.[/quote]

I'd lean towards option a. I truly believe she is just the opposite side of one very evil coin. The evil lies not in the ice, or the fire, but in the absolute manichaean portrayal of the world, something that Martin is obviously not a fan of. His characters are men and women of nuance and choice. Yet Mel, like the Others, are whole and terrible. They are not human, but purely elemental beings that exist only in extremes.

I believe Mel will eventually be revealed as someone in league with the Others, and attempt to sabotage the Night's Watch. Fire can not just bring down the Others, but can also melt a wall made of ice.

Ice and fire, besides being the partial title of the series, is a theme that comes up often in the book. Jojen and Meera often swear "by ice and fire", lending an element of importance to each. If R+L=J is true, Jon will be a product of both ice and fire (that is the ice of the Starks, and the fire of the Targaryens). Obsdian, dragonglass, for the purposes of these novels are rocks of frozen fire, the perfect middle ground between the two extremes.

It's just a theory of mine, and I'm sure it's shared by others on the board.

Mel will be revealed, I think by the end of Dance, as someone who has been an Other of fire for the entire course of the series. Of course, she's not a POV, so I guess this little jaunt can be disregarded.

[quote name='freakinmayhew' post='1574848' date='Nov 2 2008, 21.42']These are just guesses and are not to be taken seriously[/quote]

Of course! ;)

[quote]Daenerys Targaryen/Tyrion Lannister/Quentyn Martell: The three of them, along with their army will set sail for Asshai. Each of them will be riding a dragon.[/quote]

I agree. The only thing different I see is that they will be on a ship and will not ride the Dragons. They will still learning how to do that.

[quote]Jon Snow/Bran Stark/Melisandre[/quote]
The wall collapses. Jon is saved by Bran, Coldhands and all the other brothers who survived the Others having pronounced the Words to the Old Gods (including Stonesnake).
Melisandre had left the Wall time before (becoming herself a POV), after or just before Stannis death, and she is trying to reach Daenerys. Don't know how.

[quote]Davos Seaworth[/quote]
He reaches the Neck and finally meets Howland Reed. He finds there Rickon and Osha, too.

[quote]Arya Stark[/quote]
She is in Westeros to kill someone (possibly LF, or Sansa) and meets Nymeria when the first, truly fierce winter storm in the riverlands is starting. She is not far from Riverrun (because in TWoW she will have to kill her undead mother.

[quote]Asha Greyjoy/Theon Greyjoy[/quote]
After having rescued Reek, because she needs him to dispute Euron's crown, Asha arrives in the Iron Islands and meets Damphair. Euron is arriving too, with the fleet.

[quote]Sansa Stark[/quote]
ADwD Sansa POV will START with Sweetrobin funeral. At the end, she discovers in some way (connected with LF's love for her) the role played by LF against her family and she has him killed, showing him that she finally learned well from her teacher. LF dies thinking that the only time he has allowed emotions to surpass his scheming mind, this costs his life. In Sansa's last chapter we also learn that the Brotherhood w/o Banners has conquered Riverrun.

I'm going to edit mine a bit to add Bran and Theon

Varamyr Sixskins - I'm with you on that one. I can't see any other reason to have him in there.
I just hope Tormund Giantsbane doesn't become a Wight. I like him too much.

Davos Seaworth - He will yell out "FREEDOOOOM!!!!" before the axe comes down..... or more likely complain about losing his "Luck"

Tyrion - We'll end his chapter with him looking out across the sea aboard a ship, thinking about snow, and how cold the air has become.

Brienne - Heading to Riverrun with Gendry and Company riding along. Nymeria's wolfpack will be howling in the background.
(I think she'll have 1 chapter)

Jon - arrives at Winterfell to meet Howland Reed with Ned's bones, and a letter from Robb.

Dany - Grieving over the body of a dead dragon... or three.

Bran - I was going to say his POV will end with Watching the Wall come down, but If you think about Feast for Crows and Dance With Dragons happening at the same time, then Jaime's chapter with snow coming thru the Riverrun window wouldn't be a good enough ending if the wall actually comes down at the same time. So I think Bran's Chapter will end with him Going to the Wall to meet up with Jon, although Jon will already be at Winterfell.
I still think the Wall is coming down, but not in Dance with Dragons. Jojen will be killed by the (Cold)hands of someone evil, who incidentally will have Bran's complete trust.

Theon - With Asha, finds Rickon and kills Osha.

[quote name='The Blackfish' post='1580266' date='Nov 6 2008, 16.57']I'd lean towards option a. I truly believe she is just the opposite side of one very evil coin. The evil lies not in the ice, or the fire, but in the absolute manichaean portrayal of the world, something that Martin is obviously not a fan of.[/quote]

I strongly agree. There is simply no way the series will evolve into an ice=evil/fire=good saga.

I think most likely we can expect an (and this is a gross oversimplification) ice=evil/fire=evil- survival=mankind balancing the two theme. And by evil I mean more "dangerous natural element" than Satan evil. I guess what's interesting is what "level" of ice and fire balancing each other out is best- the low level Oldtown is seeking or the high level with dragons and wights.

I still think there's a very slight chance that the "Others" aren't as evil as we think- but mostly because "Others" implies a lack of understanding- sort of like the original I Am Legend plot.

Food for thought:

The Wall = good. Others = not good.

Dragons = good. Dragon Kings = Batshit Crazy.

Jon = hot. Dany = hot.

Jon + Dany babies = the cure for cancer.

As I have used mathematical symbols, you can tell a) that my argument has no flaws, and b) that I clearly need to stop drinking in the afternoon.

• 4 weeks later...
[b]Jon[/b] - Since Jon is the view from the Night's Watch and the Wall, I'm presuming that he'll probably survive the next book. My best guess is that something is going to happen that breaches the Wall, or destroys it - at which point, the wildlings are going to be fleeing south, kicking up a storm with the Northerners along the Kingsroad. Assuming Jon holds on to his position (and I think he will), we'll see the Night's Watch basically fighting a rearguard action against the Others and their undead armies. I also get the feeling that the Night's Watch is going to be "purged" by combat and the elements, although we might only see the beginning of it here - it's basically become a jail for criminals and exiles over the millenia, but the return of the Others will winnow it down until it becomes a lean, brutally tough fighting force (if small). Hopefully one capable of kicking the shit out of the Bolton's northward marching army when they get in the way.

[b]Bran[/b]- Bran is going to make contact with whoever the Three-Eyed Crow represents (assuming it represents a particular magic-user). That may be a member of the Children of the Forest, or what not, but it will happen. Other than that, I'm not really sure. I think either he's going to continue north into the Heart of Winter, to end the Cycle, or he'll head south to try and save the Wall - but it will be too late. If he does that, then he rejoins Jon, and possibly teaches Jon how to consciously warg Ghost.

[b]Arya[/b] - Arya will probably continue her transformation into a Faceless Man. We'll learn some interesting stuff about Braavos and the Doom of Valyria through it.

[b]Daenerys[/b] - I think Dany is going to be betrayed in this book, if only by the end. I doubt she will lose a dragon ("the dragon has three heads"), but I think it's entirely likely that she and her cohort will be forced out of Slaver Bay, and will return eastward, past Qarth, to the Jade Sea and Ashai. Possibly, they'll actually go into Ashai, or at least the Shadow.

[b]Tyrion[/b] - A lot of this depends on how the timing of the Tyrion chapters syncs with that of the Dany chapters. We know from the spoilers that he's headed to her - but it's possible that he's going to end up chasing her to Ashai. I think, though, we'll get to see him meet her, and get a reaction to her dragons.

There's totally gonna be a huge ass war in the East. The slaver cities, the warlocks and Qarth are out for Dany's blood. The Golden Company and the Iron Men and somehow Tyrion are gonna save her ass. I can see some pretty epic battle stuff going on in A Dance With Dragons.

Jon will not end up as Lord Commander of the Wall. His whole arc will trying to keep the Wall together to fight the Others while dealing with Stannis & Mel, the Wildings, and betrayal in his own ranks. He'll somehow get betrayed out of his position near the end.

Bran - no idea whatsoever.

Asha will hopefully end up dead.

Theon will probably end up dead.

I agree with Arya getting an assignment to kill someone, I don't think it'll be Dany though. I think maybe one of the major players in Westeros like Littlefinger.

Sansa will end up getting boned by Littlefinger. Not sure whether consensually or not.

• 2 months later...
[quote]I agree with Arya getting an assignment to kill someone, I don't think it'll be Dany though. I think maybe one of the major players in Westeros like Littlefinger.[/quote]

Because the smart thing to do is give a n00b the killing of one of the most devious people in Westeros. That is why the Faceless Men are so feared and respected. :o

[quote name='Paul H' post='1712009' date='Mar 8 2009, 02.09']Because the smart thing to do is give a n00b the killing of one of the most devious people in Westeros. That is why the Faceless Men are so feared and respected. :o[/quote]

Just so. Sorry for seemingly repeating an obvious statement here, but is it now confirmed Melisandre is the next hidden POV? Last I heard it was either Loras, The Hound or Mel. Is it now for certain Mel? She'd have been my last guess :s. Interesting. Please confirm or deny this. I was hoping for The Hound, or at least a Tyrell POV at last. Oh well.

Jon - I hadn't seriously considered that the Wall would fall down until the end of book 6, but actually thinking about it perhaps it will fall at the end of book 5. I imagine after this happens, Jon would somehow come into the knowledge that Robb intended him to inherit his crown, and he declares himself Jon Stark. Or, he simply tries to hold what's left of the Night Watch together and look for a new home for the NW.

Dany - I don't see her coming to Westeros yet. Maybe she starts to put things into motion at the end of book 5 to do so, but I don't think she'll be there yet.

Tyrion - riding a dragon and becoming Dany's Hand.

Quentyn - married to Dany, bt it's very hard to say when we currently know so little about him.

Bran - hopefully finally with Howland Reed, if not before then. Some revelations are made.

Davos - hopefully not dead, as I like him, but in all likelihood, his 'luck' has run out.

Asha - dead.

Theon - having finally gained some brain power, Theon plays it cool for most of the book, working as Asha's second, earning the respect of the other Ironmen. Then, he kills her. With the Ironmen still following Theon, he names himself King of The Iron Isles. Or, both brother and sister are dead.

Mel - as you've all said, I think Mel will likely turn out to be in league with the Others somehow. She won't be the ULTIMATE evil but she'll be a lieutenant of sorts. To make a POV who is unquestionably evil would be stupid and against everything Martin has done, so I really hope he doesn't go that way. Actually I'd much rather see Mel as a genuine good guy, lost and totally confused at the end of book 5 when Stannis is dead and all her prophecies have turned to ash.

It's unclear if any of the following will actually appear in ADWD but on the chance that they do...

Arya - given her first assignment. It won't be anyone of vast importance but it will be someone we know. We only find out who it is as she's about to kill them.

Sansa - Married to Harry the heir, plotting LF's downfall.

Brienne - On her way to Riverrun, but not before we have another seven chapters to achieve ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

Cersei - still a prisoner, likely to be dead soon.

Jaime - hard to say. Somehow I just don't see him back in King's Landing.

Samwell - don't know, don't care.

Hi this is my first post, hope I am not steeping on any toes
My take on the character's fates:

Arya - will be sent to courtesan to learn the art of seduction.

Bran - will fuse/warg with the great other ( using Hodor's body).

Dany - hopefull will go to Asshai to learn some sorcery.

Davos - will take Rickon and Robert's noble bastard to a safer place i.e(Greywater Watch), where they will be far from the reach of the ironmen and Stannis.

Quentyn - will accompany Dany to Asshai.

Tyrion - will not got with Dany, instead he will be given the task of protecting slayers bay.

Jon - will get betrayed, and will flee NW with band of loyal black brothers.

My take on the character's fates at the end of ADWD:

Arya - Will have one chapter in which we arent completely sure is her until the end of the chapter, i.e using a random name, killing someone we dont know

Bran - Could go anywhere, i can't speculate

Dany - preparing to move to Westeros, one of the betrayals having been done

Davos - Will not be dead, in fact having rallied a good deal of support for Stannis is our POV to watch Roose and Ramsay "kick it"

Quentyn - Given all we know about him is that he thinks like Doran, he's not exactly going to bow dany over with his smooth talking. Havign said that, he stands a better chance than Victarion

Tyrion - Going with Dany, however he will not be a dragon rider

Jon - Wall crashing down, he retreats with whats left of NW

Stannis-Defeating Bolton forces and heading towards the Wall

Daenerys Targaryen - Big ass war toward the end of the book that decimates Meereen. Dany wins the battle but the city is destroyed. The Iron Fleet rocks up near the end thus providing enough ships to go a-sailing. Also I think at one point in the book Dany will take Xaro's thirteen ships to Asshai packed with Unsullied.

Tyrion Lannister - Gets made Dany's Hand. Survives the battle and at the end sets sail toward Westeros with the Iron Fleet, the sellswords and the Golden Company while Dany heads to Asshai with the Unsullied.

Quentyn Martell - No idea.

Jon Snow - Will lose the Lord Commander job due to betrayal and will be down and out at the end of the book. Possibly left for dead somewhere.

Bran Stark - Learns how to shoot laser beams out of his eyes.

Stannis & Mel - A whole load of consolidating the North and futilely battling the Others. Mel will possibly die in an epilogue chapter where a) the Wall is brought down and the Others kill her or b) Dany's dragons arrive and eat her. A) is more likely.

Davos Seaworth: Rallies an alliance of Northern lords against the Boltons. Will be instrumental in uniting the Northern lords under Stannis's rule and defeating the Boltons. Stannis will make Manderleys the Wardens of the North.

Arya Stark: Will escape the House of Black and White with new FM skillz and end up joining with Dany/The Wall.

Asha Greyjoy/Theon Greyjoy: Asha will ally with Stannis and hopefully die near the end of the book in battle against the Boltons. It will be glorious if Theon kills her. Theon.. I have no clue, really. A redemption story for Theon would be really cool if GRRM can pull it off, though. Like if he comes across Rickon and defends the kid with his life.

Just for fun:

Dany - I think that Dany will be set to return to Westeros at the end of ADwD. She's been on the move forever and if ADwD doesn't bring her closer to home, I don't know if she'll ever make it. Given what's happened to Cersei, Westeros and KL are like ripe fruits just waiting to be picked.
I bought into he whole "Loras tried to lay siege on Dragonstone" bit, but after reading a number of posts and looking back on it, perhaps there is some truth that Aurane was just playing Cersei. That said, I don't think that Loras would desert his duties as a Kingsguard without good reason. One reason I can see for Loras doing so, is if he meets Dany and recognizes her as the true Queen. Dragonstone is where Dany was born, therefore it is imaginable that she might return there first. It's also well situated for an attack on KL, and she also has an immediate ally at Driftmark. So that's where I see Dany: at Dragonstone.

Jon - I have a feeling he may have to flee the wall. I don't see him deserting per se, but given the ADwD Jon chapter that's been posted, I think he might have to leave. I couldn't say if he'll go North or South. Since Bran will be North of the Wall, perhaps Jon will end up going South, if for no other reason than to look for help.

Bran - Still working on those warging abilities. I think that Bran is the key to the future of the Starks. He'll probably pick up a lot of useful info along the way, but I'm not sure how much action he'll be seeing.

Tyrion - Seems like he'll be meeting up with Dany. I suppose it'll take a while for him to gain Dany's trust, but I imagine he'll take Mormont's place as adviser.

Melissandre - I think she'll be at the wall for most of it. It makes sense that someone on the Wall has a POV if Jon does have to leave.

Arya - Given she had a POV in AFfC, I'm not sure how her POV will go. The going blind thing has really thrown me off.

Regardless of where things end up, I'm looking forward to it~

Archived