They should get whoever did Elizabeth the Golden Age

Chairman7w

To help out with sets and costumes. That's a freakin' gorgeous movie with incredible cinematography, costumes, and sets. I've seen it a few times and I can't help thinking every time I watch how certain sets would be perfect for certain scenes in ASOI&F.

[quote name='Chairman7w' post='1586537' date='Nov 12 2008, 17.30']To help out with sets and costumes. That's a freakin' gorgeous movie with incredible cinematography, costumes, and sets. I've seen it a few times and I can't help thinking every time I watch how certain sets would be perfect for certain scenes in ASOI&F.[/quote]

Please God no. Elizabeth the Golden Age was a mess. I wish they had spent a little more time on the script rather than fancy shots of bits of muslin floating around in the air. Horrible Horrible Horrible.

(with the possible exception of Cate Blanchett who of course can do no wrong.)

And don't even get me started on Raleigh and the Armada - ahhhhhhhhhhhh - what were they thinking??????????

[quote name='Blue Roses' post='1586684' date='Nov 12 2008, 13.51']Please God no. Elizabeth the Golden Age was a mess. I wish they had spent a little more time on the script rather than fancy shots of bits of muslin floating around in the air. Horrible Horrible Horrible.

(with the possible exception of Cate Blanchett who of course can do no wrong.)

And don't even get me started on Raleigh and the Armada - ahhhhhhhhhhhh - what were they thinking??????????[/quote]

Whoa - ease down Blue... Please read my post again and feel free to comment on what I wrote.

Costumes and sets, yes but Elizabeth: The Golden Age was not a good movie, otherwise.

I did really enjoy Elizabeth, which was written and directed by the same team: Michael Hirst writing, Shekhar Kapur directing, but it didn't come together well at all in the second film. In retrospect, the first has some flaws I notice now, but at the time it was a knockout - largely due to Cate Blanchett's incredible performance (how does a 26 year-old lend so much gradiosity and weight to a role like that?).

Archived