TerraPrime

Still no sniff of a job. Guess you gotta know someone to get in as a PA. Ah well.

Does anyone think RTÉ will have any involvement at all with this? I know that it's a southern station, but it just seems to me that they could colloborate if needs be. Yeah, I don't know much about the T.V. business. Yet ;)

Still no sniff of a job. Guess you gotta know someone to get in as a PA. Ah well.

They've probably only crewed up for pre-production, which basically means a few office assistants so far. For a shoot happening in October, May would be pretty early to start hiring for on-set PA's I think.

Heh, I'm just impatient I suppose. For someone who wants to get into TV production, having your favourite book being filmed in your own back yard by your favourite network is kinda like an itch that you can't scratch. An itch in an unmentionable spot :wideeyed:

Any advice on how to get in as a PA? I know it's competitive, and I've been led to believe that it's the kind of job someone involved with the shooting might simply enlist a favourite niece/nephew/friend of a friend's child etc for. I have no connections that I can see as being of use: a cousin who works with RTé (biggest republic tv station) as a presenter, and a neighbour who used to be a screenwriter then editor for a soap?

• 5 months later...
So I'm not ashamed to admit that I was watching
, and just thought how epic this castle would be for a scene. Maybe Harrenhall or something.

Nice one. Of course, given that there is a big castle with no roof, it might be more appropriate if they use it to film a certain scene involving...you know...a particular rain-soaked hall of an ex-Lannister bannerman.

Archived