Hello from Benioff and Weiss

David and Dan

I heard they have cast Nicholas Cage as the hound......interesting.

Sigh okay I know some people will believe anything..I posted John Cena was cast about a month ago and people freaked out at Winter Is Coming....

I am completely full of it :)

"woof woof"!

Puppies! We're getting some very cute genetically modified 'dire wolf' puppies, bred from wolfhounds and some dna dug out of prehistoric direwolf bones!

I'm really looking forward to teaching mine to 'fetch'.

Aww, I want one.

I wonder if you can also train them to growl at neighbour who mows the lawn at 6 am in the morning. :)

Woof woof.

Cruel. You people enjoy this too much.

Parris already tried to divert us from thinking the Hound has been cast.

I am confident its the Hound that has been cast. Whyever would someone bother to post about the direwolfs being written? OK, I think most of us are quiet curious about how they will look, but I trust HBO and its designers.

Now, I'll vote for Ray Stevenson, even if he has an enormously full schedule, and even if it looks wrong when he does you-know-what with you-know-who and all, but it will look just as shocking, if not worse, if one of those giants played him. Plus, scaling Sandor into gigantic proportions and brutality looks, would kind of de-humanize him, making it more difficult to show any sympathy for him down the line. And in any case, Ray Stevenson is hot. And Sandor is hot too. And in case dear Mr. Martin is wondering again, yes, Sandor is maybe the top fantasy-endusing character in his books, after Jamie-for-the-masses.

I'll stop writing now. We'll know by the end of the week anyway.

And you two, Davin and Dan, know your game pretty well, getting us all upside down again! I'd say shame on you, but I'm enjoying it myself!

I love Ray, but he's about 15 years too old... He would've made a great Hound, though.

It's kind of how I feel about Josh Holloway playing Gambit in X-Men or Brian Blessed playing King Robert in GoT. They would've been so great in the role... in the past.

Jeebus. Here's Conan on the left, Nathan Jones on the right. Guy in the middle is 5'10"

WTF! If the Hound is going to be THAT big, Gregor has to be Godzilla-size!! :stunned:

EDIT: Aaaah, my mistake: this is the guy 7'5", which is mentioned as possible Gregor.

It's kind of how I feel about Josh Holloway playing Gambit in X-Men or Brian Blessed playing King Robert in GoT. They would've been so great in the role... in the past.

Brian Blessed is GREAT! If there were a role for Robert's dad, it would be him :P

Edited by flying mosquito

The Hound is going to be Matthew Willig

from a recent interview:

As for what lies ahead for Matthew, he is eager to find out where his acting journey will lead him next.

“I don’t have anything written in stone. There is an HBO pilot coming up that I am very interested in. But there is nothing right now on my table that I am getting ready for next week,†he said. “Things have been coming across that hopefully in the next year or so will put me out there and make me a little more visible.â€

It seems probable that Willig has auditioned for the part -- can't be many HBO pilots needing a 6'8" actor besides GoT. This doesn't mean he's getting the role though, it should be said.

The Hound can't be considered handsome, even. George has said so. He's gaunt-faced, heavy-browed, thin haired, with a large hooked nose .... yeah, not many ladies are going to swoon over him because of his pretty face. ;) George has explicitly said that the Hound's not handsome, too, when saying that there's a bit of his earlier character Bretan Braith in Sandor, except Bretan was handsome before he was burned and Sandor wasn't.

Well the fangirls has decided he's handsome anyway. Just sayin.

Not so, not so. I'm a Sandor fangirl--he's powerfully attractive because of who he is, not what he looks like. There's something about a soul in torment with itself that just draws women's feelings like a magnet. Yes, Sandor's a brute, but unlike 99.99% of other brutes, he knows what he is and he hates himself for it. That's powerful stuff.

Actually, re-reading the description of Sandor, Willig isn't even that bad a match face wise. Sort of heavy-browed, big nose, not exactly gaunt but there's some sharpness to his features.

Not so, not so. I'm a Sandor fangirl--he's powerfully attractive because of who he is, not what he looks like. There's something about a soul in torment with itself that just draws women's feelings like a magnet. Yes, Sandor's a brute, but unlike 99.99% of other brutes, he knows what he is and he hates himself for it. That's powerful stuff.
Sure there are exeptions. And i know about the bad boy attraction. I've just seen so many "he has to be hot" posts around.

If they're gonna tempt us like that, i think they at least should grant as a clue to chew on.

I'm wondering if Parris' response was the clue.

"woof woof"! - the hound

bred from wolfhounds - somebody that's Irish

some dna dug out of prehistoric direwolf bones --maybe was in Jurassic PArk or someone known for steriod use?

I'm really looking forward to teaching mine to 'fetch'. - Fetch...another movie clue?

I don't know. Maybe I am reading too much into what any of them say anymore..... :dunno:

Edited by My Lady Ashalind