Hello from Benioff and Weiss

David and Dan

you guys did a great job with the cast. i mean Sean Bean as Ned stark? that was something i only dreamed for. all in all the cast looks amazing if you just look at the names, fantastic.

With all the hype around just this pilot, i think we will most likely see at least one seson, knock-on-wood.

im not sure about a stan lee moment, and if so grrm shouln't speak, it would just be cheesy. but i can see him as some nameless lord in the court, wearing VERY flamboyant clothing. ;)

A cameo for George? Hurrah! I'd suggest that he be one of the king's scribes, busily writing some official matter down while wine-sodden feast-goers keep harrassing him. ;)

And thank you, guys, for taking it this far. May it go further. Good luck with the shoot!

I like the suggestion there was for having him a head on a pike, and having Joffrey (or Tywin) explaining different people he put on the pikes, with it ending on GRRM and saying "And this one wrote lies about me!"

You should use that.

Also, it's not a Stan Lee moment. A Stan Lee moment would be if Ned was having a hard time, and GRRM appeared next to him and offered him some help as a kindly old man.

I'd think it would be more of a Terry Pratchett moment, where he acts as someone either self centered or idiotic.

Thanks D&D for the fantastic job you've done, and for leting us to contribute in some way. To feel somheow involved in this project is great!

I would show George feasting in both parties: as a Northman in the halls of Winterfell and then with dyed hair and beard in Illyrio's palace. :)

Edited by The hairy bear

And now to figure out George's Stan Lee moment...

I like the suggestion there was for having him a head on a pike, and having Joffrey (or Tywin) explaining different people he put on the pikes, with it ending on GRRM and saying "And this one wrote lies about me!"

This was my favorite suggestion when we discussed this in some thread somewhere, it would be very funny. It seemed to be a popular idea with others, too.

I think he should be some dead person in every season. Season Two he can be bloated, hanging in a crows cage somewhere in the Riverlands, getting his eyes picked out by a crow or maybe a corpse floating by in a river. Season Three he should be one of the wights attacking the Fist of the First Men and Season Four he could be one of the dozens (hundreds?) of people the Brotherhood Without Banners hanged as traitors.

I suppose if he's a Stark retainer (a court scribe, perhaps, as Ran suggested? or maybe he's Eddard's court scribe?), it could easily make sense to see him on a pike later in the Red Keep as suggested above. That way he could have his cameo in the pilot AND later as a corpse. :thumbsup:

I do have to wonder why do so many of Martin's fans seem to want to see him as a corpse on screen? I guess he's infected us with his cruel sense of humor.

Edited by Brude

I also like the idea of "Heads. Spikes. Walls."

But for the pilot, I would echo Ran and ship George's butt to Morocco - put him in something even FLOOFIER than what Ian McNeice (yet another inspired choice) will be wearing, with heavy eyeshadow and maybe lipstick.

Hey, the Free Cities ain't called "free" for nothing. Let his inner fabulous come right out.

(If we're intent to get the most GRRM deaths we can, he can be an accidental death at Dany's wedding. "No, wait, I you can HAVE the girl, I was just dancing with her and---ooaaauuugh!")

(... Or you could shave him and have him PLAY a Dothraki girl.)

(Or if you just want to be nice to the old sod (why??) just make him the Eunuch that announces Illyrio, Viserys, and Daenerys.)

If we're talking about George have a cameo in the pilot, then it seems a shame the Jon Arryn/Pycelle/Cersei scene was taken out. He could have played Jon Arryn, since he sets the whole story in motion, which would be fitting ;)

If we're talking about George have a cameo in the pilot, then it seems a shame the Jon Arryn/Pycelle/Cersei scene was taken out. He could have played Jon Arryn, since he sets the whole story in motion, which would be fitting ;)

Is it now? I know Pycelle was not cast, but is the scene out as well?

That's yet another great idea: George R. R. Martin as Dead Jon Arryn! The man who fostered Ned and Robert - the man whose mysterious last words were the catalyst for so much else.

Any Jon Arryn flashbacks might not even need to have him speaking. Just gesturing and looking noble. With a little cleaning up (a trim here or there), I'm sure George can do that.

GRRM never fit my view of Jon Arryn. I imagined a tall, thin, Jeremy Irons-like figure.

I'm not putting a corpse's appearance as that vital to the show. I'm not even sure they'd DO any flashback scenes with him.

Dude's just lying there.

Of course, it could still go to Jeremy. Jon Arryn's Corpse would still garner more respect for Mr. Irons than his turn at playing Profion.

I'm not putting a corpse's appearance as that vital to the show. I'm not even sure they'd DO any flashback scenes with him.

Dude's just lying there.

Of course, it could still go to Jeremy. Jon Arryn's Corpse would still garner more respect for Mr. Irons than his turn at playing Profion.

I can bitch about any casting I want.

"Horseman #5 looked like crap on that horse! What the fuck sort of casting allowed such an incompetent rider act in this series! And he looks wrong! Horseman #5 was 6 feet tall in the book, that guy's clearly 5'9"

Good luck D&D. You're gonna need it.

My first choice would be GRRM as a wight or an Other. Second choice would be to be at table feasting and drinking with Tyrion, his favorite character.

For later in the season it would be cool to see GRRM as someone revived from death by Thoros. Then zombie GRRM would get up off the table where his corpse was laid, and pick up a book and finish writing his book "DANCE OF THE DRAGONS: A History of the Targaryens of Westeros". See, GRRM will finish the series even if he has to come back from the dead!

I'd like to see GRRM have a "Peter Jackson Moment" in the pilot. In other words, no speaking lines but at least as a notable extra. PJ had some fun little appearances as a carrot wielding drunkard and a pirate in his LOTR movies. If they keep the scene from the leaked script with the drunks staggering out of the bar singing a bawdy song right before the brothel scene that would be a great bit for him to join in. Maybe he could be one of the servants serving food at the Winterfell feast. Or be a kitchen cook since he seems of a better age and, ahem, girth for that? :)

I would prefer to think about it as GRRM's Hitchcock moment <LOL>

He could have one every year or even one every few shows. It was always fun to pick out where Hitchcock would appear in his films. For Lifeboat, where all the action took place on a small boat at sea, he was really radical and lost 50 lbs for a before and after shot on a diet ad in a newspaper that a character was holding. I love him carrying a double bass onto the train on Strangers on a Train.