Hello from Benioff and Weiss

David and Dan

Great job so far D&D. Hope you are having as much fun working on this project as we are having speculating about it. :)

I like Brude's idea about having GRRM play somebody dead every season. A nice twist on the prologue idea. Playing Jon Arryn would be neat too.

For Georges cameo, I liked one of the ideas over at WiC that Demokritos came up with:

"I personally think it'd be cool if he shows up waiting outside Ros' (red-headed whore) door as Jaime and Tyrion are walking out, looking impatient (saying "Finally!", "

Maybe rubbing his hands as he walks in.

Edited by daimonion

In Season 2 GRRM could be an ironborn in the scenes on Pyke. Maybe doing a pirate schtick, possibly bellowing the now-infamous, "Yer cock-eyed bastard!" line in the background or something? They could give him a patch and peg leg :pirate:

My first choice would be GRRM as a wight or an Other. Second choice would be to be at table feasting and drinking with Tyrion, his favorite character.

Wouldn't being an Other require George shaving off his beard? Wouldn't that endanger his fantasy-writing powers? Seriously, the number of successful epic fantasy writers with impressive beards is too many to make me think that there isn't some kind of correlation there.

Hello you two!

Thank you for a wonderful job on the casting. Now start shooting cause we're going mad with imagination here and we slowly want to get a visualisation. Also, pretty please, could we have, maybe, a blog documenting the shooting? And, like, little details of what happens behind the scenes? For example: "catering had pasta today. the sauce got smeared up in Tyrion's beard.". We'd be happy like puppies, if you did.

As for GRRM's cameo, I think I have a great idea...or at least I think it is great: he should play the Man in Black who looses his head in the beginning. Would be so fitting!

I still like the idea someone came up with don't remember who

Have George as some nameless mayster fussing over some book he has to finish in the pilot, then if the series gets picked up have jofery showing sansa his head on a pike saying "And this one wrote bad things about me"

Seriously, the number of successful epic fantasy writers with impressive beards is too many to make me think that there isn't some kind of correlation there.

Well, Tolkien didn't have a beard but I think he made up for that by smoking a pipe.

As for GRRM's cameo, I think I have a great idea...or at least I think it is great: he should play the Man in Black who looses his head in the beginning. Would be so fitting!

That's Gared and the role was already cast, the actor is Richard Ridings.

For what it's worth, I just wanted to extend my congratulations to Dave and Dan. I really don't think the casting process could have proceeded any better, and it was great to see that notice was taken of the many casting suggestions that were floated on the board. Best of luck for the months ahead :cheers:

Flashback

Dusk. A solitary tower by the mountains. Ned Stark and six others ride to the entrance slowly.

Three men stand solemnly as the seven approach. The figure with the white sword sighs and raises his head. It's George R.R. Martin.

• 2 weeks later...

Like Stephen J Cannell with the A-Team? :D

I was going to suggest the Red Priest at Dany's betrothal, but that might be Varys in disguise... so maybe not :P The librarian dude (was he a septon?) that Tyrion chats with might work, but it's a little obvious.

It is just amazing to me that this is actually happening. Keep up the good work, break a leg, etc...

PS: Re-reading the Tyrion/Catelyn chapters and have one comment... Please find a good stunt double for Mr. Dinklage!

Edited by WightMeWorry

If they are still having the Raven flying over Westeros in for the opening credits, then Maybe George should be a Maester finishing a letter that is attached to the bird. Then his Cameo will be in every episode that gets aired.

Since it's a raven flying from the Wall, I assume the Maester will be Maester Aemon.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Denis Lawson for Stannis Baratheon. Look at that mouth, you can just hear his teeth grinding.

I'd love for Wedge to be cast in the series, but would he actually pass for Robert's younger brother?

Denis would make for a much better Mace Tyrell or Randall Tarly IMO.

I'd love for Wedge to be cast in the series, but would he actually pass for Robert's younger brother?

Denis would make for a much better Mace Tyrell or Randall Tarly IMO.

Randall Tarly would be a good casting choice for Wedge. :thumbsup:

Edited by DizoakiusMaximus

• 3 weeks later...