Hello from Benioff and Weiss

David and Dan

Hello everyone--

We just wanted to say 'Hi,' and thank you guys for everything: your love of the amazing world George has created, your enthusiasm for the HBO adaptation -- and of course, your casting expertise. It's hardly been two days since George, Elio and Linda put the call out, and you've already made dozens of great suggestions, the vast majority of which are new to us. It's crucial that we get the casting right, and you're all providing invaluable help in that area.

We'll be neck deep in pre-production soon, so apologies in advance if we're unable to respond to every individual question or suggestion. But we'll be checking in as often as possible, and when decisions are finally made, we'll let you know as soon as the ink is dry. And when things are a bit further down the road with production, we'll do a Westeros email interview or online chat. Who knows, maybe George can even drop in and join us, Old Gods willing.

Until then, we look forward to all your thoughts -- this is a labor of love for us, and it's an honor to have so many Maesters watching over us and making sure we get it right.

Valar Morghulis,

David and Dan ("D.B.")

Wow. All this time, I never noticed this. It's great to see how our little corner of the world has grown so much in just a few years. Thanks D&D!

I asume D&D do not read the forum anymore, but in case they do...

NAVEEN ANDREWS FOR THE RED VIPER

If D&D read this forum.......

Please no Naveen Andrwes, .......

Pelase NO ! Pelase NO ! Pelase NO ! Pelase NO ! Pelase NO ! Pelase NO ! Pelase NO ! Pelase NO !

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Well, this is a very active fandom, and I guess they just can't afford to ignore our thoughts and opinions, because we are watching the show.

In case you (D&D) read this: you're doing an awesome job! :cheers:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0700856/

James Purefoy as Oberyn Martell (The Red Viper)

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0574534/

Ian McShane as Prince Doran Martell

They could pass as brothers.

Ian McShane would be a good Doran. For some reason I can't help but think Edward James Olmos would kill it as Doran as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Ian McShane would be a good Doran. For some reason I can't help but think Edward James Olmos would kill it as Doran as well.

I've been saying this forever :) Ian McShane would be PERFECT as Doran!

Also, since you guys dropped the ball with Dominic West (he thought 6 months in Iceland), try again for him to be the Red Viper!

The Borgias has been cancelled so there's a whole bunch of great actors that will be free for Game of Thrones. The guy that played Cesare Borgia, Francois Arnaud (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2957696/) could easily fit for a few characters and should definitely be considered. Depending on how young or old D&D want Victarion to be, he could fill that role. Same goes for Darkstar, Young Griff (although I'd prefer Mitch Hewer), or Euron.