Hello from Benioff and Weiss

David and Dan

Sean Bean wasn't my favourite choice for Ned, but he's still a good choice and having that name would give enormous cred to the show, so I hope it's true.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH DIE IN A FIRE!

*brain asplodes*

Of course just speculation and you would assume ned? I know the reasoning of getting a higher profile actor to play ned because of the limited commitment but the "bean" in question would also be an interesting Jamie as well....Just my 2 cents.

I'd assume Sean Bean for Ned, on the off-chance we were right about GRRM's hints. He just doesn't have the right look for Jaime, IMO, and I think he comes across as too old. I'm not sure that there is much of an age gap between Ned and Jaime, but in my mind's eye, I see Ned as plainer, and careworn, and solemn, whereas Jaime is younger-looking for his age, drop dead gorgeous and flashy. Sean Bean fits far more into the Ned mould than the Jaime one, I'd say, although I do think he's good looking.

Edited by Silverstar

I'd assume Sean Bean for Ned, on the off-chance we were right about GRRM's hints. He just doesn't have the right look for Jaime, IMO, and I think he comes across as too old. I'm not sure that there is much of an age gap between Ned and Jaime, but in my mind's eye, I see Ned as plainer, and careworn, and solemn, whereas Jaime is younger-looking for his age, drop dead gorgeous and flashy. Sean Bean fits far more into the Ned mould than the Jaime one, I'd say, although I do think he's good looking.

Bean has a ton of tv experience, and would bring in his own audience, so he would be a good choice imo.

Why wouldn't the "bean" refer to Mr. Bean, aka Rowan Atkinson, whose name has been thrown around for Varys, among other roles?

In all truth, I think our excitement is making us hope for new casting revelations around every and any corner. Nothing wrong with the speculation and discussion, of course, but GRRM could've just been feelin' the "bean" metaphor. :dunno:

I'm kind of doubting that "bean" is referring to anyone. I love Sean Bean, but I've never pictured him as Ned. I won't be disappointed if he is cast as Ned though... I'd just prefer a younger actor.

Tricia Helfer already has another pilot, a comedy. It's unlikely she'll be available, whether they want her or not.

Curses! Ah, well, Dinklage is already a major coup, another one was too much to hope for...

Why wouldn't the "bean" refer to Mr. Bean, aka Rowan Atkinson, whose name has been thrown around for Varys, among other roles?

In all truth, I think our excitement is making us hope for new casting revelations around every and any corner. Nothing wrong with the speculation and discussion, of course, but GRRM could've just been feelin' the "bean" metaphor. :dunno:

Let me be the first to welcome you to the forum. If the bean reference is a hint, then this is not out of the realms of possibility. If he'd bean younger he would have made a GREAT Littlefinger.

Sean Bean would bring in a ton of viewers who loved him in the Sharpe series, many of them female. ;)

If I wasn't already planning on taping this - Sean would make me do it anyway, :drool:

If Mister Bean was cast in this series it would be sick and twisted. I love it. With so much crazy sh*t that happens in these books it would fit right in.

Apologies if this has already been mentioned but what are the chances of Dominic West turning up, as say Baratheon, now that we know they are going for an English cast and the director starred alongside him in the wire?

Apologies if this has already been mentioned but what are the chances of Dominic West turning up, as say Baratheon, now that we know they are going for an English cast and the director starred alongside him in the wire?

Which Baratheon? Certainly not Robert since Robert is pushing maybe 300 lbs by the time of the books and Dominic West looks like this. I could see him as Renly, though it would make Renly older than in the books - but it looks like a lot of characters will be somewhat older...I don't think it's a problem at all. Equally, I could see him as Stannis - it would be a bit different than I'm used to from him after McNulty but he's certainly capable of the role.

Does West want to do more series TV? I heard after his run on "The Wire" he didn't want to work so far from home for so long (he's got a daughter with his ex-fiance) but working in N. Ireland is a LOT closer to home than working Baltimore for the better part of six years. More like New York to Boston, not a hard trip at all.

Which Baratheon? Certainly not Robert since Robert is pushing maybe 300 lbs by the time of the books and Dominic West looks like this. I could see him as Renly, though it would make Renly older than in the books - but it looks like a lot of characters will be somewhat older...I don't think it's a problem at all. Equally, I could see him as Stannis - it would be a bit different than I'm used to from him after McNulty but he's certainly capable of the role.

Does West want to do more series TV? I heard after his run on "The Wire" he didn't want to work so far from home for so long (he's got a daughter with his ex-fiance) but working in N. Ireland is a LOT closer to home than working Baltimore for the better part of six years. More like New York to Boston, not a hard trip at all.

I was thinking Robert but the weight thing could be an issue - although a fat suit would allow him to do the flashbacks easily enough. There's probably better suited roles for him that I haven't given any thought too - it's just that he seems like a promising fit for the show given what I said previously.

As for the TV thing. He played Cromwell in a 4 part civil-war drama on Channel4 in the UK, so I suspect he's not ruling out roles that are say a season long. The last film I remember him being in was the Punisher, which I suspect has lost a lot of the goodwill he got from "the wire".

Sticking with ideas of British actors, I wonder if they could get a hold of Mark Warren for littlefinger? I think Eddie Izzard would have nailed the role 10 years ago but he may be too old for the part now.