Hello from Benioff and Weiss

David and Dan

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone think they actually browse this thread once in a while?

Because I'm pretty certain they don't.

They started it for a reason. Now, is it their first stop when choosing actors, probably not, though it may have helped a couple of the role get filled.

Edited by Ser Areo Mace

We aren't going to get ever again a "big name" for a role in the series IMHO.

For almost the 80% of the cast this is the first time I'm seeing their work, and I've never heard of them before. (I'm from Argentina)

Despite all of them are pretty good, they aren't big stars. (yet)

So, whenever I see a name I recognize, as a suggestion for a cast, I know that is not going to happen. (sadly :( )

Even though this, I love to read your other cast suggestions, some of them are pretty accurate ones!

Hello everyone--

We just wanted to say 'Hi,' and thank you guys for everything: your love of the amazing world George has created, your enthusiasm for the HBO adaptation -- and of course, your casting expertise. It's hardly been two days since George, Elio and Linda put the call out, and you've already made dozens of great suggestions, the vast majority of which are new to us. It's crucial that we get the casting right, and you're all providing invaluable help in that area.

We'll be neck deep in pre-production soon, so apologies in advance if we're unable to respond to every individual question or suggestion. But we'll be checking in as often as possible, and when decisions are finally made, we'll let you know as soon as the ink is dry. And when things are a bit further down the road with production, we'll do a Westeros email interview or online chat. Who knows, maybe George can even drop in and join us, Old Gods willing.

Until then, we look forward to all your thoughts -- this is a labor of love for us, and it's an honor to have so many Maesters watching over us and making sure we get it right.

Valar Morghulis,

David and Dan ("D.B.")

Although this was posted in 2008, I'm just seeing this now. I think it's awesome that you've took to these forums to post! It really does show the credibility that these forums carry. I hope one day to start a GoT that could have as many passionate fans commenting and starting discussions. That would be a wonderful feeling and a further expansion to my obsession with this saga.

re what Duckfield said above (August 6 - do D&D still browse this thread...) I was wondering the same thing.

GRRM referred to his contacts with Elio G in a recent interview (with Conan O'Brien) so there is still some tenuous connection to the show there... Would Elio/Ran have any thoughts on whether D&D access the site ? (or why perhaps they no longer do?). It would be really interesting to have them back occasionally - if not as 'posters' (maybe that's too fraught and intensive?) then perhaps just to publish a set 'explanation' piece, exploring why they adapted the stories from the book in the way they have for TV series thus far (And , yes, I daresay they have given various explanations already in a host of interviews scattered everywhere - but I just thought - as they seem to have originally started this thread - it would be nice, and timely, to have them back on here, to give an update from their perspective now that they are, in effect, mid way through the TV version of the whole saga.

(Of course - if they have already done this somewhere, here or eslewhere, please do indicate where ! Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

We aren't going to get ever again a "big name" for a role in the series IMHO.

For almost the 80% of the cast this is the first time I'm seeing their work, and I've never heard of them before. (I'm from Argentina)

Despite all of them are pretty good, they aren't big stars. (yet)

So, whenever I see a name I recognize, as a suggestion for a cast, I know that is not going to happen. (sadly :( )

Even though this, I love to read your other cast suggestions, some of them are pretty accurate ones!

I actually recognise a lot of the actors before they were on Game of Thrones (but that's probably because I am from the UK), so it is possible for us to get a 'big name'.

Personally, I would love Mads Mikkelsen to be Euron Greyjoy, but since he seems highly in demand internationally, I somewhat doubt it.

I actually recognise a lot of the actors before they were on Game of Thrones (but that's probably because I am from the UK), so it is possible for us to get a 'big name'.

Personally, I would love Mads Mikkelsen to be Euron Greyjoy, but since he seems highly in demand internationally, I somewhat doubt it.

Mads Mikkelsen is Hannibal Lecter on NBC's Hannibal. So I think he's booked,except for films.

Is it too much to hope Max Irons to play Aegeon & his Dad to Play Old Griff?

How'bout John Noble for Randyll Tarley? Of course, he was Eddard Stark's Dad first, lol, but he'd certainly scare the piss out of Sam.

Edited by TheReal_Rebel

• 2 weeks later...