Hello from Benioff and Weiss

David and Dan

• 5 weeks later...

I haven't been on the site in a long time so i just had to post and express how happy i am that Alexander Siddig was cast as Doran Martell. The reason is i posted in this thread years ago about how perfect Siddig would be for the show as either someone from the slavers bay area or Dorne.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, if a Rhaegar or any other Targaryen guy is needed in flashbacks, I recommend Christian Brylle - a Danish model and a photographer. He has the unusual face and aura that screams Valyria/not your-everyday-Westerosi and could look both cold and kind to convey the conflicted nature of Rhaegar and other Targ nobles.

Thanks for your effort always and looking forward to next season!

Edited by anto-ni

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

They mentioned in an article that after they received so much criticism after Season 1, they stopped visiting. I even did a support thread for them. They didn't do well in season 5 and many folks have, "lowered expectations" for season six. We shall see.

But they have to know despite our criticism or support of their work, I am glad that there is a show to talk about.

• 4 weeks later...

They mentioned in an article that after they received so much criticism after Season 1, they stopped visiting. I even did a support thread for them. They didn't do well in season 5 and many folks have, "lowered expectations" for season six.  We shall see. 

But they have to know despite our criticism or support of their work, I am glad that there is a show to talk about.  

It's a shame they received so much criticism in season 1 which was actually brilliant. Maybe they might have listened to later complaints a bit more if that hadn't happened. 

They mentioned in an article that after they received so much criticism after Season 1, they stopped visiting. I even did a support thread for them. They didn't do well in season 5 and many folks have, "lowered expectations" for season six.  We shall see. 

Really, they received criticism for Season 1?

I wasn't around here back then.

I mean, why? Season 1 was the best imo and the most faithful...up to Season 3 the series was great at least for me.Now Seasons 4+5 is  another story I don't wanna get into...But really?

I am actually shocked.

Really, they received criticism for Season 1?

I wasn't around here back then.

I mean, why? Season 1 was the best imo and the most faithful...up to Season 3 the series was great at least for me.Now Seasons 4+5 is  another story I don't wanna get into...But really?

I am actually shocked.

I`m a tad surprised as well, but it is the internet. I went to look at comments for season 1 and I was surprised to see that people were complaining about the littlest of things. Not that they weren`t valid, it`s just funny compared to season 5 where we have very big things to criticize.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The vitriol that's been thrown at them is ... well, disgusting really.

Even if you don't like their adaptation, you can hardly say they can't do their jobs - the numbers suggest otherwise.

Of course some people will always have their snowflake-pure ideals of 100% faithful adapatations - but they're invariably people who don't work in the creative industries or media.

• 1 month later...
On 1/23/2016 at 6:14 PM, ofgs said:

The vitriol that's been thrown at them is ... well, disgusting really.

Even if you don't like their adaptation, you can hardly say they can't do their jobs - the numbers suggest otherwise.

Of course some people will always have their snowflake-pure ideals of 100% faithful adapatations - but they're invariably people who don't work in the creative industries or media.

Yes, because monetary success is the ultimate measure of being able to do a job, e.g. Donald Trump (or the guy who built the first computer mouse - obviously an utter tosser for not cashing in maximally on his finding because it's completely useless, otherwise ppl would use it, right?)

Also, there is a total dichotomy between D&D's-"interpretation" of ASOIF and a 100% faithful adaption.

• 2 months later...

Just wanted to add my thanks and support for your continued great work on this show that is continuing to evolve. From a calibration with the author and two established writers to what seamed to be two writer/producers left on their own to the growth of a story that manifests from the actions of the characters. As in life all characters have many traits and sometimes we wish for certain actions in our heroes and our villains and the anxiety in the wait to see their choices is what makes a story.

On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2015 at 1:14 AM, Wendel Shoemaker said:

I`m a tad surprised as well, but it is the internet. I went to look at comments for season 1 and I was surprised to see that people were complaining about the littlest of things. Not that they weren`t valid, it`s just funny compared to season 5 where we have very big things to criticize.

This is the truth. Seasons 1 and 2 were almost literal translations of books 1 and 2.

Edited by Writhen