Hello from Benioff and Weiss

David and Dan

Hi Dave and Dan. Great to see you guys on the board. We're a fun bunch, just don't get addicted to the political threads in Gen. Chat like many of us here have done.

While most here are asking you to take looks at various actors (and I've joined in those threads too), I'm actually going to suggest a possible very good staff writer for you guys, [url="http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2373271/"]Matthew Sand[/url]. I worked in film for a while and I pulled this guy's script off the slush pile like 10+ years ago and convinced my then boss to sign him - now he's got a big movie in production, [url="http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1186367/"]Ninja Assassin[/url] (that J. Michael Straczynski did some re-writing on). I know he also did some work on Beowulf, but I don't know if anything he wrote made its way into the final film.

He's a really great guy, we became quite friendly, he works increadibly fast and the work he turns in is always very tight and polished. He's also a sci-fi/fantasy geek just like the rest of us, so he's got the right vibe from day one.

Hey guys! I just got to say how excited I am to know that a pilot is being filmed. I am happy that we on the board can be of help. I just got to say one thing, check out the Can we cast us? thread. But good going guys. Best of luck to the both of you and everyone else involved.

Congratulations, and thanks for posting here and taking suggestions from fans!

I third, fourth, and fifth Peter Dinklage for Tyrion. It is so perfect. May I also suggest [url="http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/40974000/jpg/_40974236_polly.jpg"]Polly Walker[/url] (who plays Atia in the HBO/BBC series, [i]Rome[/i]) as Lysa Arryn.

[quote name='Papirolle' post='1588725' date='Nov 14 2008, 03.28']Welcome and thank you for joining us here!
It is much appreciated that you take the time to read our suggestions.

Now, lets get started:
Please cast Peter Dinklage as Tyrion. Kidnap him if you have to! :)[/quote]
YES THIS! All of it! Especially the last part. :D

The mere thought of A Game of Thrones on screen..it's hard to breathe...

--

my wish (and I know it will remain a wish),
my sincere casting wish,
is Diane Kruger for Cersei Lannister.

It wouldn't make it any easier to breathe, but still...

have a peek at this picture - isn't that Cersei in a vulnerable moment?
[url="http://www.hollywood-celebrity-pictures.com/Celebrities/Diane-Kruger/Diane-Kruger-28.JPG"]Diane[/url] Edited by Slynt

Woah, from the amount of suggestions being thrown around you would think this was a casting thread?

Anyway, I think its cool that the two execs bother with a lowly board like ours for ideas, shows they care about the grass roots. Wish more creators/writers would get involved with the fan base outside of marketing groups and polls. Get a discourse going with the viewers/readers/whatevers. Of course that isn't always a good thing, just look at Heroes, sometimes it's best to ignore the fans as well.

Still, its pretty cool to have a direct line (so to speak) with the boys upstairs.

[quote name='Nearly Headless Ned' post='1590643' date='Nov 17 2008, 03.27']Hello Dave and Dan! Welcome to the Peter Dinklage fan forum! :thumbsup:

Break a leg with your adaptation!

May I ask who the sword master is goining to be? Bob Anderson? Anthony De Longis?

[url="http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=6O1CsqAy6kc"]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=6O1CsqAy6kc[/url][/quote]
whoa.. Anthony De Longis, never knew his name but looking at his IMDB profile he was in quite a few tv shows I watched back in the 80's and 90's, if only as a guest star, and he was in the Masters of the Universe movie!

oh, and hi Dan and Dave!

[quote name='Morrigan' post='1589156' date='Nov 14 2008, 12.19']Very good questions, I'd like to know as well. Especially in regards to the age. If each book is a season, you might have to change actor for Bran, Rickon, Arya etc. Which would kind of suck. I don't know if changing their age (some of the characters' age are crucial plot-wise) would be better or not. Hard to say.[/quote]

It didn't affect Harry Potter, HBO tends to take longer breaks between seasons as well, like the gap between harry potter movies.

That's because Harry Potter characters aged at the same time as the actors (also, I think they all start off as teenagers and not pre-pubescent children, someone correct me if I'm wrong). Roughly two years, maybe less, have passed in AFFC since the beginning of AGoT. If Bran and Arya's characters (and to a lesser extent, Myrcella and Tommen) reach puberty midway through the series when their characters are still meant to be children, it'll screw up the story. Edited by Morrigan

[quote name='Morrigan' post='1591929' date='Nov 17 2008, 16.39']That's because Harry Potter characters aged at the same time as the actors (also, I think they all start off as teenagers and not pre-pubescent children, someone correct me if I'm wrong). Roughly two years, maybe less, have passed in AFFC since the beginning of AGoT. If Bran and Arya's characters (and to a lesser extent, Myrcella and Tommen) reach puberty midway through the series when their characters are still meant to be children, it'll screw up the story.[/quote]

Tommen will have a true child playing him, he has almost no lines.

Also, the harry potter actors did not age the same as the characters in the film.

HP and the sorcerer's stone came out in 01, it was shooting in probably 00, making Dan Radcliffe 10 or 11 when he started. There are 7 books, each mostly constituting 1 year (sound familiar), supposedly getting them to 18. The 5th movie came out in 2007, the sixth movie not until 2009. If the seventh doesn't start shooting until 2010, which we can expect, they'll be shooting the 7th book which is supposed to be 7 years after the first book, a full 10 years later. Ie, not the same rate.

Myrcella is already through puberty by the time she has any substantial lines, if they find a 14 year old actress for her it'll be fine. Sansa as well can start off being played by a 14 or 16 year old. No big deal there.

Bran, being a boy, you only have to worry about his voice changing, which can be fixed in post production. They'll likely pick an actor from a short family to make sure he doesn't grow too much.

The only risk I see is Arya, I imagine the producers will check into her female relatives, to make sure large breasts don't run in her family. That way, when the actress does go through puberty, it will not be as obvious and can be hidden by costume if necessary. Quite frankly they could even find a small breasted petite 16 year old to play Arya if she has a childish face, and if GRRM ever writes that Arya blossoms into a buxom lass those can be added. Movies and TV shows are riddled by teenagers playing children, it happens all the time.

[quote name='Morrigan' post='1591929' date='Nov 17 2008, 13.39']Roughly two years, maybe less, have passed in AFFC since the beginning of AGoT.[/quote]
I'm going to have to disagree with this. Unless GRRM has explicitly stated that only two years have passed, the books suggested to me at least 3 years. There are a few things that argue otherwise of course, but the evidence as a whole suggests at least a few years have passed, and certainly not fewer than 2.

Robb certainly wasn't growing a beard at 15, as unlikely as it would be even at 16 or 17.

This is probably one of the best Fantasy Series written. You would be able to do justice to this story by making the series in CGI. Then you can make the characters true to the book. I have not heard of any major series created in CGI, or on HBO, so you would have an original in that aspect also. Good luck with the series, and PLEASE do it justice.