Hello from Benioff and Weiss

David and Dan

Yeah, I just suealed rather loudly and started jumping up and down in my chair at work....thankfully no one else is here to see this. However the guy from upstairs came down to make sure I was okay...

Glad we could be of help for the casting, I'll get my rear moving on those lists for you.

[quote name='David and Dan' post='1607351' date='Dec 4 2008, 02.19']One last thing: our focus at the moment is on casting the pilot. So we're only worried about characters who appear in the pilot. Just so you know the pilot parameters, here's the first line of dialogue:

"We should start back."

And here's the last line:

"The things I do for love."

Sound familiar?

We think you're going to like it...

D&D[/quote]

Even though I plugged for a different cliffhanger in a thread of my own making I am so stoked by this post I'm asking Ran to close down my cliffhanger thread as being no longer worthy of further discussion.

Oh happy day!!

Good luck to all you board members who will be trying to get on screen with this.

Mr. Benioff and Mr. Weiss, THANK YOU for working on this project! I have complete faith in you. I think this will be a fantastic series and I hope we get to see it.

Questions:
[b]
1.) What kind of script writing software do you guys use?

2.) Mr. Benioff has a kind of medieval look to him (In a suave way of course), might we see him taking up a role as Knight #3, or Bronn perhaps?[/b]

[quote name='GoGoHBOSeries' post='1608446' date='Dec 3 2008, 20.00']2.) Mr. Benioff has a kind of medieval look to him (In a suave way of course), might we see him taking up a role as Knight #3, or Bronn perhaps?[/b][/quote]

I was more wondering if his lovely wife would be in it. :) Edited by Halfhand

[quote name='Halfhand' post='1608449' date='Dec 4 2008, 00.02']I was more wondering if his lovely wife would be in it. :)[/quote]

LOL! I had to look her up. [url="http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.geocities.com/amandapeet2/amanda_peet.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.geocities.com/amandapeet2/&usg=__lz_D3zAVc4rKAFaey_hwghZ1BfY=&h=500&w=405&sz=11&hl=en&start=4&um=1&tbnid=N3FleQ5z3kODOM:&tbnh=130&tbnw=105&prev=/images%3Fq%3DAmanda%2BPeet%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DX"]Amanda Peet[/url] is HOT! Holy Crap! This guy gets to produce the next big fantasy franchise AND go home to someone as lovely as that? Congrats!

BTW, I see a perfect Catelyn Stark here... Edited by GoGoHBOSeries

Yay, I missed the big news!

Nevermind me, it is [i]so[/i] unbelievably cool to know one more fact about the series. Though I gotta say, I lot of folks figured it out that the cliffhanger at the end will be the "things I do for love"-one. It just comes naturally and ought to impress the suits at HBO...

9 chapters in one episode seems a bit much. Unless you guys plan to exclude Dany altogether in the pilot and intro her at the very start of the second ep. I wouldn't mind, since it's important to find the correct place to end each ep. And i totally agree that "the things i do for love" is the best place to end the first ep.

[quote name='David and Dan' post='1607351' date='Dec 3 2008, 21.19']One last thing: our focus at the moment is on casting the pilot. So we're only worried about characters who appear in the pilot. Just so you know the pilot parameters, here's the first line of dialogue:

"We should start back."

"The things I do for love."[/quote]
*braingasm*

Oh. My. GOD.

I knew it! I'm terribly glad you kept the prologue. :D

[quote]here's the first line of dialogue:

"We should start back."

I'm just crossing my fingers that D&D don't decide to throw in any big musical numbers in between those two lines. :P

[quote name='Brudewollen' post='1608551' date='Dec 4 2008, 19.50']I'm just crossing my fingers that D&D don't decide to throw in [s]any[/s] many big musical numbers in between those two lines. :P[/quote]

Fixed.

There will have to be at [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfGpVcdqeS0"]least one[/url] during the big feast at Winterfell. :D

"Weeeee're knights of the round table, we dance when e'er we're able..."

A perfect fit.

[quote name='"David and Dan"']One last thing: our focus at the moment is on casting the pilot. So we're only worried about characters who appear in the pilot. Just so you know the pilot parameters, here's the first line of dialogue:

"We should start back."

Awesome. Shock and Awe. What a way to let the audience they're not in the Land of Oz, Narnia, Middle Earth, or Camelot anymore.

I for one love the prologue from GoT, and can't wait to see if it turns out as creepy and terrifying as I picture it in my mind. Nothing need be said about the closer to the episode. :)

Will the "Others" still be called "Others", or has this usage in other series (LOST) made a name change necessary?