Straight from the Pages SPOILERS FOR ALL BOOKS

[quote name='Sword of the Evening' post='1612323' date='Dec 8 2008, 06.33']Joffrey's murder. Elena coming up behind Sansa and messing with her hairnet, the jousting dwarves to torment Tyrion, the pouring of the wine. Joff falling dead and accusing his uncle.[/quote]

Ah, I was just coming in here to post that I want to see the scene with the two jousting dwarves. That is some [i]important television[/i], right there. Especially once the humping begins.

Nah man, best scene for screen translation is by far the very first scene. A group of three sworn brothers, with a moon-lit glimmer of the Wall in the distance. We've got the skittish green boy, the earless old ranger who's seen it all, and the pompous knight/ranger. We automatically take a disliking for the knight, and get to see him die (we react secretly well to this), and then are forced to watch the others buy it as well, (which we do not stomach so well).
Not only that, but some of the key elements of the story are introduced here, the Wall, the Brothers in Black, and the Wights. Now as long as the producers and writers keep reminding us of this in a timely and interesting fashion (A task they should find themselves equal too) then once this rolling plot-line reaches the forefront, the audiences will be lathered and foaming to see Jon Snow defeat the ect... ect...
This was the scene that sold me on the books. If I'm stoked like a cold mans fire to read the remainder based on the beginning... then it's a safe bet. Only trouble, following up the rest of the plot-lines to be equally as "hookable" as the others.

I'm re-reading AGOT:

* The flashback of Ned Stark riding his horse into the throne room of the Red Keep. He rides his friggin' horse into the friggin' throne room. How badass is that.

* Tyrion's trial by combat in the Eyrie.

* The scene where Arya escapes the Lannister guards who have come to arrest her during her "dancing lesson"-- Syrio Forel goes all Ray Park on the guards (shades of [url="http://www.realultimatepower.net/index4.htm)"]http://www.realultimatepower.net/index4.htm)[/url].

* Joffrey holding court in the throne room for the first time, especially Ser Barristan getting fired

* Loras v. Gregor, up to and including Gregor v. his horse

* The "crowning" of Viserys

* Jon v. the wight in the Old Bear's tower (creepy crawly zombie hands)

Archived