Hello Peter Jackson

shewolf85

Okay, I am sure someone has said this already, but if they are going to do ASOIAF as a series or whatever, it is all about who is chosen as the DIRECTOR. I say pay Peter Jackson whatever amount of money he wants :-)

People will love this, we have all been in dire need of something to obsess over since LOTR is spent.

Okay, let the arguing begin! Also, what is the latest update on the Series? I see everyone is excited so it must be good news!

Yes, bigger fish to fry indeed. I beleive he's still writing and exec producing the 2 Hobbit movies. Besides, much as I enjoyed the LotR movies, I'm hoping the Game of Thrones pilot and subsequent series is more character/writing drama than cgi/action drama.

My wife teaches his kids piano. We saw Fran every week for about 2 months after Lovely Bones went into post production. Now that they are into the swing of the other projects (Tintin, Hobbit, Dambusters) we don't see her any more.

Jackson can do drama just fine (Heavenly Creatures). But there is just no way he will be on this project. I would like to see HBO get Weta onto some of the technical stuff though.

It would be kinda cool if he guest directed a future episode in a future season (if it ever comes to that).

[quote name='Naknakkus' post='1595206' date='Nov 20 2008, 08.50']He'd make some improvements to the script:

Fire and Ice Wars: starring Jon Heder as Jon Snowalker, accompanied by his CGI sidekick Pyp (voiced by Jack Black) on an adventure of a lifetime.[/quote]
And don't forget the character building dialog he'd be adding to Bran! "Whoa!" and "Woo hoo!"

[quote name='The Anti-Targ' post='1594806' date='Nov 20 2008, 13.19']My wife teaches his kids piano. We saw Fran every week for about 2 months after Lovely Bones went into post production. Now that they are into the swing of the other projects (Tintin, Hobbit, Dambusters) we don't see her any more.

Jackson can do drama just fine (Heavenly Creatures). But there is just no way he will be on this project. I would like to see HBO get Weta onto some of the technical stuff though.

It would be kinda cool if he guest directed a future episode in a future season (if it ever comes to that).[/quote]

I've heard from folks I know in Hollywood that Fran is a really cool, down to earth person. Peter too. I'd be glad to know that was true. It would be nice to have down to earth folks working on this project, even if tangentially. (Assuming everything goes through and they even wanted to work on a future episode.)

Heck, if we're just going to throw names out there, I'd like to nominate some that are less well known blockbuster types, more arthouse types. But given these guys' success, maybe they are really "artsy blockbuster" directors: Cuaron, Inarritu, Mereilles. Children of Men, 21 Grams, City of God and Constant Gardner are some of my fav recent movies. All well directed and well acted (IMO anyway, though I'm more of a fan that a cinema student). Cuaron even did HP3 movie, though I didn't see it.

Wait, no one has mentioned Clint Eastwood yet? :)

[quote name='feyrband' post='1594865' date='Nov 19 2008, 23.34']hes actually with Peter Jackson in New Zealand working on The Hobbit lmao.[/quote]

I'm not sure what's funny about del Toro working with Jackson. Unless you meant that he was in New Zealand, which I knew.

Thank the IPU that Lucas won't be directing.

[quote name='Matwilder' post='1595558' date='Nov 20 2008, 15.49']I'm not sure what's funny about del Toro working with Jackson. Unless you meant that he was in New Zealand, which I knew.

Thank the IPU that Lucas won't be directing.[/quote]

yea thats what i was getting at. I would love him to do it if he could though GDT does excellent fantasy work. I don't think we'll have to worry about Lucas or Spielberg thankfully, man that would be a tragedy. Also glad that Uwe Boll is distracted by the video game fantasy/sci fi.

Archived