Mafia 59.5 - Murder In Trinity College

HT Reddy

It is day 1.

14 players remain: Awesome Possum, Harlot, J_Slr, Lany Cassandra, Masonity, Mentat, Piper of Chaos, Shadowbaby, Slick Mongoose, The Man Who, TheMalcolm, Tsoert, Weekapaug, WhiskeyJack.

8 votes are needed for a conviction or 7 to go to night.

1 vote for Shadowbaby (Piper of Chaos)
1 vote for The Man Who (Lany Cassandra)

12 players have not voted: Awesome Possum, Harlot, J_Slr, Masonity, Mentat, Shadowbaby, Slick Mongoose, The Man Who, TheMalcolm, Tsoert, Weekapaug, WhiskeyJack.

I was feeling a little confused just now, but I've learned the value of actually reading private messages as opposed to just receiving them, which is the easy part I guess.

I'm still a little thrown off by the absence of evil faces, so I may have to resort to evil names.

[quote name='The Man Who' post='1604453' date='Dec 1 2008, 08.58']I was feeling a little confused just now, but I've learned the value of actually reading private messages as opposed to just receiving them, which is the easy part I guess.

I'm still a little thrown off by the absence of evil faces, so I may have to resort to evil names.[/quote]

Your face looks pretty evil to me. Just saying.

[quote name='Piper of Chaos' post='1604438' date='Dec 1 2008, 08.36']Damn, look:

[b]Shadowbaby [/b]has volunteered to become your co-mod!

What a nice gesture! :wideeyed:[/quote]
That's actually starting to look like a good idea. :thumbsdown: Bloody schoolwork, I tell ya.

[quote name='The Man Who' post='1604453' date='Dec 1 2008, 13.58']I was feeling a little confused just now, but I've learned the value of actually reading private messages as opposed to just receiving them, which is the easy part I guess.

I'm still a little thrown off by the absence of evil faces, so I may have to resort to evil names.[/quote]

So who's name looks the most evil to you?

[quote name='Lany Cassandra' post='1604454' date='Dec 1 2008, 16.03']Your face looks pretty evil to me. Just saying.[/quote]

Careful observation reveals that it is cloth wrapped around a face. Without x Ray vision it is quite hard to tell. Underneath I'd like to think that the face is manly and chiselled in a rather Richard Rahlesque way. Unfortunately in my eyes Richard isn't a good guy so that's probably spoiled everything. :stunned:

[quote name='Lany Cassandra' post='1604442' date='Dec 1 2008, 08.39']Then you must all ready have an evil role. [b]The Man Who[/b] doesn't tell us what he is.[/quote]

[quote name='The Man Who' post='1604453' date='Dec 1 2008, 08.58']I was feeling a little confused just now, but I've learned the value of actually reading private messages as opposed to just receiving them, which is the easy part I guess.

[quote name='Lany Cassandra' post='1604454' date='Dec 1 2008, 09.03']Your face looks pretty evil to me. Just saying.[/quote]

I'm not sure I'm following this. Lany's vote looks serious. The mod posted that he would finish the riddle and post it after his lunch. So no riddle has been posted yet. What are you thinking Lany? That the killers role PM doesn't mention the riddle? The riddle is mentioned by the mod in thread.

[b]Whiskeyjack.[/b]

I'll have my revenge for last game you dirty bastard!

I'm just going to pretend this game is happening in the states because we stole all those names and used them ourselves. I'd much rather be in Cambridge than at Trinity in Fartford, Connecticut. Trinity is a nice school and all, but Hartford is America's File Cabinet (tm).

[quote name='HT Reddy' post='1604359' date='Dec 1 2008, 11.57']Since this is a minigame, I am trying out a mingame-suitable fun idea, or minyllogism, as I would like to call it. I am going to set a puzzle and put it here, and anyone who solves it before 14 hours of day 1 have elapsed will get a role, though some roles may be rubbish for balancing reasons. I will then post all possible roles, plus perhaps a few red herrings. Note that one of these roles may well be a symp.[/quote]

Ok here is the riddle. Anyone who solves it (by PMing me the name of the guilty students will get a role) Solutions must reach me by midnight tonight (00.00 GMT 2nd December)

The Master of Trinity Hall, in conjunction with the Cambridgeshire Constabulary, would like to ask anyone who is able to make sense of the mass of seemingly unrelated information surrounding yesterday’s vicious attack of Trinity Hall’s Head Porter, to come forward with their conclusions. What is known is that at around 8 o’clock yesterday evening, a group of Trinity College students walked into Trinity Hall and carried out the attack. However, 16 Trinity students were seen in the vicinity at some point that evening, yet it is known that only four of them did the deed. Can you work out who it was?

It is a well known fact that Maggi and Fiona absolutely despise each other, and would never do anything together

Four of the students were seen going to Caius Formal Hall, which lasted until late evening, on the night in question and so couldn’t possibly have carried out the attack. None of the students going to formal were doing the same subject as each other.

Phil was celebrating his birthday last week, during the middle of November

Heather and Lucy went to eat at La Tasca – they booked a table from 8.30. Both of their birthdays are in October

Daniel is good friends with Richard, although since Daniel is studying Veterinary Medicine, and Richard is doing Law, they very rarely get chance to meet up. In fact, Richard spent the whole evening in the Law Faculty library working with Matthew, another Law student, after having grabbed a quick meal at Trinity Canteen, at 7 o’clock, when he also saw Phil and Reuben eating together.

Mary and Maggi both study the same subject.

Eyewitnesses are convinced that 3 of the 4 members of the attacking party were female.

None of the attackers’ birthdays are in autumn (September, October or November)
Paul, an architecture student, was at Caius’ Formal on the night in question, and he celebrated his birthday in the same month as Edwina.

Stephanie’s birthday is just one day after Chris’, and is the 1st of July.

Matthew and Emily ate together at Dojo’s on this night, but after Matt went back to the library to work, Emily cycled to see her friend in Homerton College, arriving there at 10.30pm

No-one else has a birthday in the same month as Emily, but two people have their birthday the month before, and two the month after.

Fiona is very good friends with the Classicists, since she does English and so normally walks down to the Sidgwick site with them most days. On this night, however, she didn’t where they had got to; when she finally saw them the next day, they looked terrible – their hands were covered in blood and when Fiona asked what they had done the last night, a strange terrifying look came over their faces. All that Fiona managed to get out of them was that one of them had had his dinner in the canteen, and the other one had had a tin of beans in her room.

Chris is one of two people with a birthday in June. He likes it because it means he has his birthday during May Week most years, and as he does Physics he normally doesn’t have a date to take to Trinity May Ball, so he needs something to cheer him up.

Eyewitnesses claim that the attackers seemed to split into two groups – presumably the four students involved do only two subjects between them.

Phil and Lucy both do Biology – only Maths, Law and Classics also have two students in this group.

Mary was seen in a restaurant on St. John’s Street eating, and poring over a mass of detailed equations. She left abruptly at 7.55, laving far too much money on the table and muttering that she had ‘something to do’

Reuben, after eating in the canteen, went to Cindies to party the night away (as his hangover the next day can testify). These history students just don’t have enough work to do.

Stephanie is the oldest student, as she is a 4th year Chemical Engineer. She was the one who got the tickets for Caius Formal, although she got them from Edwina, who had them originally, but who had had ‘a change of plans’

Fiona’s birthday is the month before Heather and Lucy’s.

Daniel excused himself from Caius Formal at 7.50 and was gone for quite some time. He later claimed that he had had indigestion.

Ben, whose birthday is the month before Maggi's, does the same subject as Edwina and ate in the canteen.

I apologise for insulting your intelligence with this puzzle, but who doesn't love roles? :)

[quote name='Piper of Chaos' post='1604466' date='Dec 1 2008, 09.16']By killing him? Because, as you know, a lynch won't work. :rolleyes:[/quote]:(

Then my revenge will have to wait for another game.

It is day 1.

14 players remain: Awesome Possum, Harlot, J_Slr, Lany Cassandra, Masonity, Mentat, Piper of Chaos, Shadowbaby, Slick Mongoose, The Man Who, TheMalcolm, Tsoert, Weekapaug, WhiskeyJack.

8 votes are needed for a conviction or 7 to go to night.

1 vote for Piper of Chaos (Slick Mongoose)
1 vote for Shadowbaby (Piper of Chaos)
1 vote for The Man Who (Lany Cassandra)
1 vote for WhiskeyJack (Weekapaug)

10 players have not voted: Awesome Possum, Harlot, J_Slr, Masonity, Mentat, Shadowbaby, The Man Who, TheMalcolm, Tsoert, WhiskeyJack.

[quote name='Harlot' post='1604461' date='Dec 1 2008, 09.12']I'm not sure I'm following this. Lany's vote looks serious. The mod posted that he would finish the riddle and post it after his lunch. So no riddle has been posted yet. What are you thinking Lany? That the killers role PM doesn't mention the riddle? The riddle is mentioned by the mod in thread.[/quote]

It's not a real serious vote. He's a new player and I like messing with people. However, should more info come to light, it would certainly add weight to a decision to really vote for him.

To clarify, Innocent PM was this:

[quote name='PM to innocents']Until this recent unpleasantness, you really have been enjoying your visit to Cambridge rather a lot. And really, it’s just not on, that some young whippersnappers have kidnapped you and are going to be killing you one by one. Just not on at all. So, yeh, you’re going to find them. And lynch them.

Or die trying.

You are an innocent Forum Games tourist.

You will receive a role, if you solve the riddle posted (shortly) in the game thread[/quote]

And Evil PM was this:

[quote name='PM to evilz']You have been really enjoying your visit to Cambridge. Or you would have been, if you were really a tourist. In fact, you are an evil killer student. And you are stressed and angry and willing to take it out on these poor unfortunates. Well, it’s their own fault really – I mean, these damn tourists walk in the middle of the road, stand taking pictures everywhere getting in the way, and they probably say nasty things about you in Foreign. So basically they deserve to die. And you’re going to kill them.

Or die trying

You are an Evil Killer Student.

You will receive a role, if you solve the riddle posted (shortly) in the game thread[/quote]

[quote name='Lany Cassandra' post='1604489' date='Dec 1 2008, 14.42']It's not a real serious vote. He's a new player and I like messing with people. However, should more info come to light, it would certainly add weight to a decision to really vote for him.[/quote]

I don't understand why it would add weight to vote for him - I don't see why it makes him look any more or less guilty.

Archived