Mafia 59.5 - Murder In Trinity College

HT Reddy

A long and reasonably irritating night has just passed. Irritating because you got a bunch of carollers stuck outside where you are being held. You yelled to them, but to no avail. They refused to stop singing 'O little town' no matter how much you shouted. Long because...well that would be telling wouldn't it ;)

Eventually you settled into a deep and dreamless sleep (what else) but when you awake refreshed and rejuvenated, you find that Slick Mongoose is no longer with you. At least e won't feel like a :dunce: in SH.

It is day 4

8 players remain: House Mullendore, Lany Cassandra, Masonity, Mentat, The Man Who, Tsoert, Weekapaug, WhiskeyJack.

5 votes are needed for a conviction or 4 to go to night.

8 players have not voted: House Mullendore, Lany Cassandra, Masonity, Mentat, The Man Who, Tsoert, Weekapaug, WhiskeyJack.

Oh yeh, Slick Mongoose?

He was
SPOILER: CF
Guilty as sin

[quote name='Lany Cassandra' post='1609321' date='Dec 4 2008, 20.02']wtf?

he must have been a cultist or something. I am now lost.

[b]mentat[/b][/quote]

I'm extremely innocent.

Anyway, I was a one time guard. I used up my power tonight on Weekepaug, so whoever is responsible for today's kill it wasn't him (or me, for that matter).

ETA: Mongoose revealed a Miller role if I'm not mistaken.

[quote name='mentat' post='1609327' date='Dec 4 2008, 13.09']I'm extremely innocent.

Anyway, I was a one time guard. I used up my power tonight on Weekepaug, so whoever is responsible for today's kill it wasn't him (or me, for that matter).[/quote]

Mentat is telling the truth about being a Guard.

Since we are almost certainly down to 1 FM (unless Reddy decided to be mean and give us 3 FM and a symp), that pretty much clears Week. If he was guarded, he couldn't have killed Slick.

[quote name='mentat']ETA: Mongoose revealed a Miller role if I'm not mistaken.[/quote]

Thats correct. We shouldn't be surprised that he came up guilty. It was part of the role he revealed.

[quote name='Whiskeyjack' post='1609339' date='Dec 4 2008, 14.20']Mentat is telling the truth about being a Guard.

Since we are almost certainly down to 1 FM (unless Reddy decided to be mean and give us 3 FM and a symp), that pretty much clears Week. If he was guarded, he couldn't have killed Slick.

Thats correct. We shouldn't be surprised that he came up guilty. It was part of the role he revealed.[/quote]

ok.

I just missed that part for some reason.

[quote name='Trinity Head Porter' post='1609319' date='Dec 4 2008, 13.58']8 players remain: House Mullendore, Lany Cassandra, Masonity, Mentat, The Man Who, Tsoert, Weekapaug, WhiskeyJack.[/quote]

What happened to Piper? it's not midnight yet?

and who is controlling House Mullendore?

[quote name='Lany Cassandra' post='1609353' date='Dec 4 2008, 13.34']What happened to Piper? it's not midnight yet?[/quote]

Good question. Mod mistake? Or is he dead?

[quote]and who is controlling House Mullendore?[/quote]

I don't know that anybody should reveal that. We actually kind of need Mullendore around, to keep our numbers up and possibly give us an extra lynch. I'm almost positive that I know who Mullendore is, but the FM might not.

[quote name='mentat' post='1609327' date='Dec 4 2008, 13.09']Anyway, I was a one time guard. I used up my power tonight on Weekepaug, so whoever is responsible for today's kill it wasn't him (or me, for that matter).[/quote]

If mentat was evil, would he claim to have guarded Week? Doing so removes one of our suspects, making things worse for mentat if he's FM.

I guess he had to reveal his role, since he knew I was going to investigate him. But couldn't he have just said that he hadn't used the power yet?

Or is it possible that he felt Week was already at the bottom of the suspect list, so there was little cost to clearing him.....if people were feeling good about Week anyway, then he wasn't going to be lynched. And offering up the information possibly makes mentat look better to us.

:unsure:

[quote name='The Man Who' post='1609391' date='Dec 4 2008, 14.01']I have a query:

Has anyone heard from the garrulous tourist today?[/quote]

Nope, I haven't.

We know everyone's roles at this point. Nobody claimed Garrulous Tourist. So either mentat was lying, somebody else is lying (would have to be Tsoert, Piper, Week, or you), or the Garrulous Tourist is already dead.

Did mentat receive his message on night 1 or night 2? If it was night 1, did anybody get a message on night 2?

[quote name='Whiskeyjack' post='1609372' date='Dec 4 2008, 20.46']If mentat was evil, would he claim to have guarded Week? Doing so removes one of our suspects, making things worse for mentat if he's FM.

I guess he had to reveal his role, since he knew I was going to investigate him. But couldn't he have just said that he hadn't used the power yet?

Or is it possible that he felt Week was already at the bottom of the suspect list, so there was little cost to clearing him.....if people were feeling good about Week anyway, then he wasn't going to be lynched. And offering up the information possibly makes mentat look better to us.

:unsure:[/quote]

I decided to guard Week based on the following vote count:

[quote]It is day 2.

12 players remain: House Mullendore, Harlot, Lany Cassandra, Masonity, Mentat, Piper of Chaos, Shadowbaby, Slick Mongoose, The Man Who, Tsoert, Weekapaug, WhiskeyJack.

7 votes are needed for a conviction or 6 to go to night.

3 votes for Harlot (The Man Who, Tsoert, WhiskeyJack)
3 votes for Lany Cassandra (Harlot, Mentat, Masonity)
3 votes for Mentat (Lany Cassandra, Slick Mongoose, Piper of Chaos)
1 vote for The Man Who ( House Mullendore)
1 vote for Tsoert (Weekapaug)
1 vote for WhiskeyJack (Shadowbaby)

Reddymod is off now. If you lynch early I may not be back to end the day, but Dunny might be around and I will definitely be back by mandatory end of day time.[/quote]

3 people were voting early for guilty Harlot, so I decided not to guard them. 3 people were voting for Lany: Harlot, Masonity and myself (which is pretty stupid coordination for three FM, by the way). 3 people were voting for me. Knowing how innocent and blameless I am I was about to guard one of them, but since the group included Slick and Piper I acknowledged maybe they were voting for me because I looked pretty guilty (Lany was an early Harlot target too, and one of his suspects from my note). So this left the dead Shadowbaby and Week, so I guarded Week.

[quote name='Whiskeyjack' post='1609396' date='Dec 4 2008, 21.05']Nope, I haven't.

We know everyone's roles at this point. Nobody claimed Garrulous Tourist. So either mentat was lying, somebody else is lying (would have to be Tsoert, Piper, Week, or you), or the Garrulous Tourist is already dead.

Did mentat receive his message on night 1 or night 2? If it was night 1, did anybody get a message on night 2?[/quote]

My message was on night one. I think the garrulous tourist was Harlot, as I said. If anyone got a message on night two then I'd be wrong.

Archived