Mafia 59.5 - Murder In Trinity College

HT Reddy

I know what worries you, WJ. We likely have only one lynch left if we lynch wrong today.

If it should come down to a final three with Lany, TMW and Tsoert, they should lynch TMW. Lany seems to be the most trustable of those three, so they should arrange a lynch in which Tsoert is the first vote on TMW. If TMW id the last FM, the game is over. Otherwise he kills Tsoert in a rage, and the innocents should win.

If Tsoert refuses to vote for TMW first, they should lynch him.

ETA: I guess that means going to night without a lynch tomorrow. And it depends on how much we trust Lany.

[quote name='Piper of Chaos' post='1609688' date='Dec 4 2008, 18.37']I know what worries you, WJ. We likely have only one lynch left if we lynch wrong today.[/quote]

Yeah, thats exactly what worries me.

[quote]If it should come down to a final three with Lany, TMW and Tsoert, they should lynch TMW. Lany seems to be the most trustable of those three, so they should arrange a lynch in which Tsoert is the first vote on TMW. If TMW id the last FM, the game is over. Otherwise he kills Tsoert in a rage, and the innocents should win.

If Tsoert refuses to vote for TMW first, they should lynch him.[/quote]

That plan makes sense. Though I'm not sure that Lany will last that long, given that she's CI.

[quote name='Lany Cassandra' post='1609716' date='Dec 4 2008, 19.08']Yes, he is still in my top 3...[/quote]

Okay.

[quote name='Weekapaug' post='1609474' date='Dec 4 2008, 22.07']We need to talk about this a little bit more.
Why don't we take a look at the next vote:I would not have been a very good partner if I did that. Or the fact that very early in the day I told WJ to focus on voting people off the lynch...which was SM (innocent), WJ (I viewed as innocent), and then Masonity and Harlot. There was absolutely no reason for me to do this as his partner, nor was there reason for you to guard me. Makes me want to throw you into jail ffs.[/quote]

You may think you were a poor guard, but look at the alternatives:

Tsoert, TMW and WJ, all voting for Harlot from the beginning. If your vote makes you VPI, then why not them? Is there any other reason you're VPI? Why should I consider your vote as genuine and, say, Tsoert's as distancing?

Piper=dead man walking

Slick=revealed miller

Lany=suspected by Harlot all along, even in my message.

So who were you expecting me to guard?

I know I look extremely guilty, but if you think of it carefully you'll see I look [i]too[/i] guilty. Why didn't I make the slightest effort at distancing in a CF game? Why were the three FM voting together on Lany when no one else was? It goes beyond the limits of likely poor play.

Someone else is the FM, and either he distanced well or he successfully false-revealed. If you're willing to give me time I'll try and make a case tomorrow morning. Or we can just lynch [b]Tsoert[/b] if you're sure about him. Lynching me at the very least loses us a day.

Masonity voted Harlot. A symp shouldn't do that.

Masonity kept voting Piper, but there was no danger in Piper being lynched.

Masonity was more likely a godfather than a symp.

Harlot had only 3 “modes” in this game: His obsession with me; his serious vs joke vote issue and his defending himself to WJ. The first we know was wrong as he was evil and I am not, the second was plain weird and led to his downfall and the 3rd was necessary if he wanted to say alive.

Obsessing over me kept him from interacting with anyone else really, I looked at his other posts.

[quote name='Harlot' post='1604979' date='Dec 1 2008, 14.58']Tsoert ~ You haven't done much yet and so far you are getting no attention.

What do you think of Lany's "mistake vote" on TMW?[/quote]

He’s trying to draw Tsoert out here, trying to get him to post more so he doesn’t look too suspicious?

[quote name='Harlot' post='1605324' date='Dec 1 2008, 19.21']Do you fake it with me? :cry:

Possum and TMW: I think TMW was reaching and looking to push a lynch. Boredom with spam about Mazalan or evil intent? I don't really like his explanations so far. Possum makes a valid defense that the votes on him so far are pretty weak, even for D1.

I don't like how Shabba echoed the concerns that mentat and I voiced, but backed off when pressed. Like she was testing the waters on voting Lany.[/quote]

Since this is the first game TMW, this post just didn’t make any since.

[quote name='Harlot' post='1605334' date='Dec 1 2008, 19.36']Do you mean the quote above? If so then yes I disagree with you. He sounds frustrated. He tried being nonchalant and that only garnered him more votes. At this point I find TMW more suspicious than Possum.[/quote]

[quote name='Harlot' post='1605904' date='Dec 2 2008, 09.36']We have only 2 hours left and I don't have a lot of time this morning as I'm playing catch up after being out sick yesterday.

[b]The Man Who[/b]

Maybe it's a newbie thing but his play is so erractic. And I don't like how he pushed the Possum case but backed away for what I sounds like odd reasons. I don't like his explanation of "it's a one-off but I do mad things now and then." It sounded unnecessarily defensive and also a set up for if he does something errectic in the future.

I am leaning towards trusting Piper's reveal atm

Lany: I still think she's off in some way but there's really nothing beyond "vibes."

mentat: I don't see what is so damning about counseling the healer to make their own decision.

Mongoose: The reveal is a ballsy move for a FM if he is one. He hasn't really been on anyone's radar yet so there's no reason to reveal this early so I'm tending to believing it.

Tsoert and J_Slr: Need to post more.

WJ, Week, Masonity, Malc, Possum and Shabba: I'm not voting for any of them today.[/quote]
distancing?

He votes for TMW, but there wasn’t a lot of danger in TMW being lynched. Could this b

[quote name='Harlot' post='1606161' date='Dec 2 2008, 12.15']Finally back to the office for lunch and caught up.

Interesting domino effect at the end. And the clock glitch creates a weird kind of cover for those that finished the lynch. With the number of people that were unclear about when they were going to be around, I don't know that we would have had a different result. Regardless, Piper's vote definitely moved the momentum off the growing mentat train. And I don't like Lany's vote timing and that fact she didn't know it was the final one. TMW continues to dig himself a hole. I don't get his response on the clock issue. And I always hate the pile on, especially when it wasn't the last second and Lany had already said she was the last vote. It has the look of wanting to be on the train.

Not sure which to start with, but I think we've got some things to work with on re-reads.[/quote]

[quote name='Harlot' post='1607376' date='Dec 3 2008, 08.49']First: I only have a few minutes to respond before I have to head off. I have only read the exchange between WJ, Week and Shabba immediately following my last post.

In response to both Week and WJ re: Tsoert - reading over it, I agree that it makes no sense. I think what's important is that I'm clearly confused about who Tsoert was talking to. All I can say is that on Monday I was home sick with a sinus infection and bronchitis and goofed up on Sudafed between visits to the doctor and watching [i]In Bruges [/i]. I know my thinking at the time was that Tsoert's reaction was a bit extreme to a bit of mild inquiry. As I said, I was mostly trying to engage a player that I didn't know and who wasn't posting much. His reaction of refusing to answer and calling me a meanie was just odd. And later I felt justified in pushing him because even tho he claimed it was a joke vote at first it stayed there until the lynch.

As for my level of contribution: I said already yesterday that I was busy having missed a day of work. I'd like to be more engaged but my work load just insn't going to allow it. I thought I was going to have a fairly light work week when I agreed to play but in fact I was told yesterday that I'm being sent to 2-day conference tomorrow in place of a co-worker. So instead of having 2 free days to catch up I'm trying to cram in several days work before I leave.

Week - as for my other suspects. I haven't really looked at them. I said I would look at Lany yesterday so I followed thru with that first and haven't had time to really look at anyone else yet. I haven't been pursuaded regarding mentat. I do agree with you that WJ is playing a bit mild when I read his vote analysis on those on and off the mob that I agreed that wasn't what I expected from him. But seeing as how it was beneficial to me and WJ and I seem to be agreeing, I was rolling with it for the time being. I guess I am being tunnel-visioned. I think the lack of contribution from Tsoert and J_Slr and the fact they are newbs is pushing suspicion onto players that are more active because we have more to look at.

My work schedule today takes me out of the office for then next 2-3 hours. I'll try to catch up with the thread at lunch and hopefully will have some time to post this afternoon.[/quote]

So Harlot does some distancing with both TMW and Tsoert. They were 1st and 2nd on the Harlot lynch, but at the time, it was not sure that Harlot would be lynched. Neither were around when the tide turned and harlot become the lynch choice.

So we have the following people still alive:

The innocents:

Lany Cassandra
Weekapaug
WhiskeyJack

House Mullendore

The suspects:

Mentat
Piper of Chaos
The Man Who
Tsoert

I have no idea what this means. :lol:

I don’t think mentat is the last FM. Mentat is the king of effective distancing, and there wasn’t that with Harlot and Masonity.

I am left with Piper, TMW and Tsoert as the main suspects. I want to rule out Piper. If he is the last FM, he and his team lose in a few hours.

So we should lynch one of our noobs. I just have no idea which one.

[quote name='mentat' post='1609766' date='Dec 4 2008, 21.12']Tsoert, TMW and WJ, all voting for Harlot from the beginning. If your vote makes you VPI, then why not them? Is there any other reason you're VPI? Why should I consider your vote as genuine and, say, Tsoert's as distancing?[/quote]
I pointed out that right after WJ made his voting analysis I told him I thought it would make more sense for him to look at people off the lynch. Those people were SM (IIRC), WJ, Harlot, and Masonity. A VPI, WJ, and two people that are evil. What a great partner I would be to tell WJ to ignore the group that I am and look into the smaller group that included my two partners. Hell, I said that it should be a toss up between Harlot or Masonity, there was no way I was changing the perspective in a way that would help my team at all. That is why I was already basically CI.

[quote name='mentat' post='1609766' date='Dec 4 2008, 21.12']So who were you expecting me to guard?[/quote]I told you, Tsoert or maybe even TMW. Probably Tsoert though.

[quote name='mentat' post='1609766' date='Dec 4 2008, 21.12']I know I look extremely guilty, but if you think of it carefully you'll see I look [i]too[/i] guilty. Why didn't I make the slightest effort at distancing in a CF game? Why were the three FM voting together on Lany when no one else was? It goes beyond the limits of likely poor play.

Someone else is the FM, and either he distanced well or he successfully false-revealed. If you're willing to give me time I'll try and make a case tomorrow morning. Or we can just lynch [b]Tsoert[/b] if you're sure about him. Lynching me at the very least loses us a day.[/quote]I'm a little surprised that you didn't comment at all on the posts that I pulled up from Tsoert. Not that it is rock solid by any means, but I would have thought you, or someone else, would have by now.

Haha, alright. First, I have to admit that I lied about my role. I actually have two roles right now. Some of you may have figured out that I control Mullendore, everyone's favorite butterfly. What you don't know is that I'm not the gaoler...I am a full healer and I can heal myself. So I can guarantee that I will survive to endgame with Mullendore, 2v1 FM, and vote them off.

:)

[quote name='Weekapaug' post='1609807' date='Dec 4 2008, 21.02']Haha, alright. First, I have to admit that I lied about my role. I actually have two roles right now. Some of you may have figured out that I control Mullendore, everyone's favorite butterfly. What you don't know is that I'm not the gaoler...I am a full healer and I can heal myself. So I can guarantee that I will survive to endgame with Mullendore, 2v1 FM, and vote them off.

:)[/quote]

That's awesome.

But can you clarify something? Why didn't you heal Shadowbaby?

And yeah, I knew you were Mullendore right away. Could tell from the use of smileys. :P

Yeah, that was stupid of me. She said she was really busy...she had no power...so in my mind, with you as a CI after the Harlot lynch and an unknown role, I thought that you may have been a more likely lynch. The first night I healed myself. Last night I healed you again for the same reason as the night before, but Mentat guarded me so it doesn't matter that I've been an incompetent healer.

I figured you had me pegged when you said you thought you knew...didn't throw you off the trail when I voted for myself? :P

Archived