Mafia 59.5 - Murder In Trinity College

HT Reddy

[quote name='awesome possum' post='1605172' date='Dec 1 2008, 17.08']See above. He never gave reason to be seriously suspicious of me. But he voted for me because I had a few votes already and he wants to see me lynched just to see someone lynched. That, in my mind, is suspicious.[/quote]
[quote name='The Man Who' post='1605124' date='Dec 1 2008, 16.17']Maybe I'm just imagining that he is being overly defensive and ascribing more to him not liking Erikson due to [snip], but [b]Awesome Possum[/b] sounds slightly too indignant to me.

Self-righteousness only befits martyrs.[/quote]Just because the snipped part makes your argument doesn't mean the rest of the post is invalid. He seems to perceive you as being overly defense and indignant. Your disagreement with those thoughts doesn't make them invalid. I wouldn't say they are the strongest pieces of reasoning I've read on day one, I'll even grant you that the post does make me a little suspicious of TMW and I'd like to hear more from him, however it doesn't change that you don't seem like you are being entirely honest in your defense.

[quote name='mentat' post='1605184' date='Dec 1 2008, 17.19']Anyway, I'd gladly lynch one of [b]awesome possum[/b], Harlot or Lany today.[/quote]
...Maybe it's because I missed so much of the day already, but isn't it a little bit early to state who you'd be oh-so-happy to lynch?

[quote name='Weekapaug' post='1605190' date='Dec 1 2008, 15.22']Just because the snipped part makes your argument doesn't mean the rest of the post is invalid. He seems to perceive you as being overly defense and indignant. Your disagreement with those thoughts doesn't make them invalid. I wouldn't say they are the strongest pieces of reasoning I've read on day one, I'll even grant you that the post does make me a little suspicious of TMW and I'd like to hear more from him, however it doesn't change that you don't seem like you are being entirely honest in your defense.[/quote]

I'm not sure what you mean when you say I'm not being honest. What exactly is there for me to be honest or dishonest about? I don't like Erikson, which got me one vote. I have the word "possum" in my name which got me a second. I was flippant about those two votes, which earned me your third vote. TMW then placed a 4th vote for me (technically 3rd since one was removed) because I was being overly defensive - though he couldn't say why, it just sounded good - and I was being indignant and self-righteous because if I'm voted out today, my side still has the most people on it. His main reason for lynching me was that he wanted to see someone lynched and I have the most votes.

Now I have another vote on me because mentat loves himself a bandwagon. If I end up being lynched today, so be it, but FFS, someone give me reasoning that isn't borderline imbecilic.

[quote name='awesome possum' post='1605172' date='Dec 1 2008, 22.08']I meant it was early for TMW to place a serious vote for me with little to no evidence other than I don't like Erikson, I was being "overly defensive" though he doesn't know why, and he wanted to see someone lynched.

My vote for him is intended to put pressure on him to make sense.

His words, not mine:

See above. He never gave reason to be seriously suspicious of me. But he voted for me because I had a few votes already and he wants to see me lynched just to see someone lynched. That, in my mind, is suspicious.[/quote]

My bad. I missed that. I still don't think his case came down to "because I want to lynch someone" though... I got the feeling that was more the icing on the cake rather than the meat of his argument. That said, it is pretty early to worry about making sure someone is lynched.

[quote name='mentat' post='1605184' date='Dec 1 2008, 16.19']Though I remember playing in that game I think the finder was someone else. I was the night one victim and you killed the finder on night two.[/quote]

It was Malcolm.

[quote name='mentat']Anyway, I'd gladly lynch one of [b]awesome possum[/b], Harlot or Lany today.

I'm off for tonight.[/quote]

When you get back, I think you need to offer up a bit more of an explanation.

[quote name='awesome possum' post='1605200' date='Dec 1 2008, 17.33']I'm not sure what you mean when you say I'm not being honest. What exactly is there for me to be honest or dishonest about? I don't like Erikson, which got me one vote. I have the word "possum" in my name which got me a second. I was flippant about those two votes, which earned me your third vote. TMW then placed a 4th vote for me (technically 3rd since one was removed) because I was being overly defensive - though he couldn't say why, it just sounded good - and I was being indignant and self-righteous because if I'm voted out today, my side still has the most people on it. His main reason for lynching me was that he wanted to see someone lynched and I have the most votes.

Now I have another vote on me because mentat loves himself a bandwagon. If I end up being lynched today, so be it, but FFS, someone give me reasoning that isn't borderline imbecilic.[/quote]I meant you weren't being honest because you threw out the majority of TMW's post as being superfluous and retained the sole part that seems suspicious. TMW does need to explain further his vote and, in all likelihood, the early votes will either be rescinded or supported further later because nobody, innocent or guilty, wants to leave their joke vote on a lynch train.

It really doesn't help to be calling any reasoning against you imbecilic either.

[quote name='Weekapaug' post='1605226' date='Dec 1 2008, 22.48']I meant you weren't being honest because you threw out the majority of TMW's post as being superfluous and retained the sole part that seems suspicious. TMW does need to explain further his vote and, in all likelihood, the early votes will either be rescinded or supported further later because nobody, innocent or guilty, wants to leave their joke vote on a lynch train.

It really doesn't help to be calling any reasoning against you imbecilic either.[/quote]

possum is getting very defensive and narky. Either he's feeling victimised (a distinct possibility) or he's trying to distract attention away from himself onto TMW. My vote stands as I'm feeling it might be the latter

[quote name='Whiskeyjack' post='1605212' date='Dec 1 2008, 17.42']When you get back, I think you need to offer up a bit more of an explanation.[/quote][quote name='Whiskeyjack' post='1605222' date='Dec 1 2008, 17.46'][b]awesome possum[/b], because he hates the Patriots.[/quote]

:)
Do I even need to say anything?

[quote name='Whiskeyjack' post='1605246' date='Dec 1 2008, 18.07']Yes, please do! :D[/quote]While I personally find hatred of the Patriots to be abhorrent as well, it is, perhaps, outside the realm of relevant information. I personally believe you should explain your vote further for the rest of us.:P What do you think of the possum and the interest surrounding him?

[quote name='Weekapaug' post='1605252' date='Dec 1 2008, 17.12']While I personally find hatred of the Patriots to be abhorrent as well, it is, perhaps, outside the realm of relevant information. I personally believe you should explain your vote further for the rest of us.:P What do you think of the possum and the interest surrounding him?[/quote]

I think its pretty obvious that my vote was just a joke. I can't resist a setup like the one he provided. :P

My real feelings about AP are that he's no more suspicious than anybody else at the moment. The most interesting thing that anybody has pointed out is how its strange that he is claiming to be RI, when answering the riddle is an easy avenue to some sort of (likely minor) role. I'm curious, AP - did you answer the riddle?

By contrast, I think mentat's vote was relatively serious. Doubt he would have just left a 4th vote on like that, and gone to sleep, if he didn't feel good about his choice. Which is why I want him to explain it, along with his suspicions of Harlot and Lany. Its an interesting group of players he chose to place on his suspect list.

[quote name='Shadowbaby' post='1605163' date='Dec 1 2008, 17.00']And Lany seems a little off to me.[/quote]

Why do people keep saying this? I am do different except the headaches that have last 6 weeks and the total lack of all caffeine. (that one really hurts)

Early day one, I flirt, I joke, I come up with a stupid "he made a mistake" and vote on it. I do this every game, innocent and evil.

[quote name='Lany Cassandra' post='1605265' date='Dec 1 2008, 18.26']Why do people keep saying this? I am do different except the headaches that have last 6 weeks and the total lack of all caffeine. (that one really hurts)

Early day one, I flirt, I joke, I come up with a stupid "he made a mistake" and vote on it. I do this every game, innocent and evil.[/quote]
You seem crankier or just a little more irritable and volatile somehow. I guess that'd be the lack of caffeine.

[quote name='Whiskeyjack' post='1605099' date='Dec 1 2008, 22.03']If I was FM and stuck with 2 newbs as my partners, I'd willingly lynch them both on the first couple of days, just to make myself look better. Then I'd beat you all by myself, and brag about it in the spoilers. Greater challenge = greater glory.[/quote]

Then the whining FM last game must have been someone else. :P

[quote name='Shadowbaby' post='1605273' date='Dec 1 2008, 23.31']You seem crankier or just a little more irritable and volatile somehow. I guess that'd be the lack of caffeine.[/quote]

Or perhaps all the murdering is getting to her?

I mean, no caffeine? Let me take that back, while I still can!

fake edit: Night night!

[quote name='Whiskeyjack' post='1605261' date='Dec 1 2008, 18.23']I think its pretty obvious that my vote was just a joke. I can't resist a setup like the one he provided. :P

My real feelings about AP are that he's no more suspicious than anybody else at the moment. The most interesting thing that anybody has pointed out is how its strange that he is claiming to be RI, when answering the riddle is an easy avenue to some sort of (likely minor) role. I'm curious, AP - did you answer the riddle?

By contrast, I think mentat's vote was relatively serious. Doubt he would have just left a 4th vote on like that, and gone to sleep, if he didn't feel good about his choice. Which is why I want him to explain it, along with his suspicions of Harlot and Lany. Its an interesting group of players he chose to place on his suspect list.[/quote]Clearly, however it was a good chance to get you to talk a bit.

Mentat's vote is strange, definitely early for a compromise lynch vote with about 15 hours left. I'd think he'd be a bit more careful with his votes after the last game.

[quote name='Piper of Chaos' post='1605292' date='Dec 1 2008, 18.48']I have two questions:

question 1: How much time is left of day 1?

question 2: Do we actually want to lynch or to spam the thread?[/quote]
16 hours and 40 minutes.

Lynch.

Archived