Mafia 59.5 - Murder In Trinity College

HT Reddy

[quote name='Slick Mongoose' post='1608776' date='Dec 4 2008, 13.41']Masonity, why on earth would you find Piper? We're highly likely to lynch him tomorrow if he doesn't die, so it's a completely wasted find.

I don't believe you.[/quote]

Why Piper? Firstly I was worried that he might be evil either with or without Lany on his side. Secondly, there was a chance he has a different claim to use friday to get out of jail free. I admit that in hindsight it might not have been the best choice, but I made it not knowing Harlot was guilty, and ultimately stick with it. I feel it has helped me. If he had come up guilty I would have pushed Lany today, then revealed him as guilty if he hadn't blown up at 5pm.

[quote name='Whiskeyjack' post='1608785' date='Dec 4 2008, 13.47']To elaborate.

On night 1, I investigated Shadowbaby (yeah, quite convenient, I know). I chose her because she was on the day 1 mob, she was one of the people who voted after the mod note that we might have an extra 3 hours, and she had indicated that she was trying to solve the riddle (so I thought it was likely that she'd have a role). I was elated to find out that she was the Slapdash Healer, because that made her CI (it was a role that could only be given to an innocent player). Then she went and revealed, which was nice and all, but basically made my secret information redundant.

On night 2, I investigated the Perceptive Finder. I'm undecided on whether or not I should reveal that person's name, so I haven't done so yet. On the one hand, revealing the name would confirm my role reveal. At least, it would confirm it to that person. To everyone else, it would confirm that either I'm telling the truth, or I'm evil and that person is my FM master/partner. But really, would [i]two[/i] of us come out and reveal ourselves, just to counter a 1 shot finder claim? Obviously, no, we wouldn't.

On the down side, if I reveal who the person is, then he'd become a target for the FM. I have no clue if he's used his power yet or not, so I don't want to just throw him out there like that. What would the group prefer?

Oh and by the way, I think the person is CI, by virtue of being given the Perceptive Finder role. I know that the rules say that it could possibly be given to an evil player. But what would the purpose be? If I'm reading things right, the only thing it can do is investigate a corpse and find out if it was a symp, Godfather, or Miller. Why would an evil player need that power? I guess a FM might use it to find his symp after the fact, but it doesn't really help him a whole lot at that point. I think it makes a lot more sense for an innocent to have the role.

Also, I think the fact that the Perceptive Finder is being used in the game means we almost certainly also have a symp or Godfather role on the evil side.[/quote]

I'd say don't reveal him or her. No point throwing them to the wolves.

Any chance I could use my get out of lynch for day 1 flattery card? ;)

But in all seriousness, why not follow our origional day plan of flipping Mentat over and seeing if he's evil. If not, feel free to kill me tomorrow I guess?

edit: p.s. 3 hours of work left, then i head home. I can talk much more in 4 hours :)

[quote name='Whiskeyjack' post='1608769' date='Dec 4 2008, 08.39']Oh really?

I'm the Role Finder.

Last night, I found out that somebody is the Perceptive Finder.

You are claiming that you're the real Finder too? We have 3 Finders in this game? Bullshit. [b]Masonity[/b][/quote]

[quote name='Masonity' post='1608779' date='Dec 4 2008, 08.43']Yes, I am. It's a one shot power, so hardly over powered. Unless you hit a godfather you can't find a guilty person with your power. The perceptive finder is almost useless, they get one chance at telling one person's true alignment, once they are already dead. Mine is the only traditional evil trapping finder role, and one-shotted at that.

Why did i get it? Probably because I filled in most of the table as well as naming the killers in the puzzle.[/quote]

[quote name='Slick Mongoose' post='1608780' date='Dec 4 2008, 08.44']Unless you're lying for some unfathomable reason, it's 3 finders [i]and[/i] a CF.

I agree. No way.[/quote]

That certainly narrows things down. There was no reason to waste a one shot find on Piper. NONE!

[b]Masonity[/b]

[quote name='Masonity' post='1608779' date='Dec 4 2008, 07.43']Yes, I am. It's a one shot power, so hardly over powered. Unless you hit a godfather you can't find a guilty person with your power.[/quote]

I thought my power was weak at first too. Then I realized that the mods had posted this -

[quote name='mods']Most roles may be given to either faction with the following exceptions: Healers, Finders (not including Perceptive or Role Finders), Bulletproofs, Innocent Student and Symp will not be given to evilz, and the godfather role with not be given to innocents.[/quote]

Any time I find a Healer, Finder, BP, or Innocent Student, the player is basically CI.

So, yeah, I can't find guilty players. But I can certainly still help the innocent side, by narrowing down the suspect pool.

I've got to go get ready for work. Be back in a bit.

ETA - [quote name='Masonity']Any chance I could use my get out of lynch for day 1 flattery card? ;)[/quote]

:lol: Lets see.....oh, damn. I'm sorry. This card expired back in Game 57. I guess I gave you an old one. My mistake.

:pirate:

[quote name='Masonity' post='1608790' date='Dec 4 2008, 08.51']I'd say don't reveal him or her. No point throwing them to the wolves.

Any chance I could use my get out of lynch for day 1 flattery card? ;)

But in all seriousness, why not follow our origional day plan of flipping Mentat over and seeing if he's evil. If not, feel free to kill me tomorrow I guess?

edit: p.s. 3 hours of work left, then i head home. I can talk much more in 4 hours :)[/quote]

You want a day's repreive so you can get one more kill in? then (innocent?) Piper is killed(?) and what? your 3rd partner (or master?) has a chance of winning?

[quote name='Lany Cassandra' post='1608795' date='Dec 4 2008, 13.57']You want a day's repreive so you can get one more kill in? then (innocent?) Piper is killed(?) and what? your 3rd partner (or master?) has a chance of winning?[/quote]

Sure!

After all, it's not as if my theoretical partner (or master) can kill just the same with or without me, is it? :rolleyes:

Interesting WJ...I was leaning towards Masonity for today since I first looked at the voting:
[quote name='mod']7 votes for Harlot (The Man Who, Tsoert, WhiskeyJack, Weekapaug, Masonity, Lany Cassandra, Piper of Chaos)
2 votes for Lany Cassandra (Harlot, Mentat)
2 votes for Mentat (Slick Mongoose, Shadowbaby[/quote]
I don't think that Harlot's partner would have cut the cord too soon, so we look pretty good, and then I would think they'd try to get in before the very end (and Lany looks innocent/Piper will blow up)...which leaves Masonity in the middle. Shabba may have been an obvious kill, but that also helps Masonity because she was beginning to voice legitimate suspicions of him.

I'd say hold onto the information about the perceptive finder for now. We probably don't have a healer because the obvious heal last night wasn't made, the healer would have to be a moron to heal anyone else, still I think it is worth leaving just one obvious target.

[quote name='Masonity' post='1608797' date='Dec 4 2008, 08.58']Riddle me this...

Why would I kill my biggest critic (shabba), then with mentat on the block, fake a reveal as finder only to clear piper?

What possible benefit is there for me?[/quote]
She was a CI, so you could argue that was the reason she was killed and not related to you. Which does have some truth, although it wasn't necessarily a forgone conclusion that she'd be killed because others looked pretty innocent and she didn't have a power left while they may have (WJ).

It is day 3.

10 players remain: House Mullendore, Lany Cassandra, Masonity, Mentat, Piper of Chaos, Slick Mongoose, The Man Who, Tsoert, Weekapaug, WhiskeyJack.

6 votes are needed for a conviction or 5 to go to night.

3 votes for Masonity (Slick Mongoose, WhiskeyJack, Lany Cassandra)
2 votes for Mentat (Piper of Chaos, Masonity)

5 players have not voted: House Mullendore, Mentat, The Man Who, Tsoert, Weekapaug.

[quote name='Masonity' post='1608810' date='Dec 4 2008, 09.09']Sigh. There was no benefit to me as evil revealing as healer when I did. Nor was there benefit killing the person pointing at me when Slick is also VPI.

Please look closely at those seeking a lynch before I even get home. :-)[/quote]
Revealing as healer? Pardon?

[quote name='Masonity' post='1608810' date='Dec 4 2008, 09.09']Sigh. There was no benefit to me as evil revealing as healer when I did. Nor was there benefit killing the person pointing at me when Slick is also VPI.

Please look closely at those seeking a lynch before I even get home. :-)[/quote]

But you didn't reveal as a healer? :unsure:

ets: yeah, what Week said

[quote name='Masonity' post='1608810' date='Dec 4 2008, 14.09']Nor was there benefit killing the person pointing at me when Slick is also VPI.[/quote]

I'd say that Shadowbaby was seen to be CI, while i'm seen to be PI. There's a slightly greater chance of framing me later than there is of framing Shadowbaby (not that you'd need to, you'd just kill me tomorrow).

I don't really see the Shadowbaby kill pointing to anyone. The reasons I don't trust you are, in order:

1. Picking Piper for your find was ridiculous.
2. Your activities on day 2 are very suspicious
3. And a distant 3rd, WJ's reveal makes another finder unlikely. This is 3rd because we don't really know the mind of the mods.

[quote name='Masonity' post='1608815' date='Dec 4 2008, 09.13']I meant finder. Sorry, my mind isn't working too well right now. :-p[/quote]

If we lynch you, and you come up innocent, then you know that WJ is next. That is too big of a risk for him to take, I think. He will be lynched on day 4 and the innocents can still win (I hope). I just don't see him as lying about this, this early inthe game. If we were on day 4 or 5 he might risk it, but not yet.

[quote name='Lany Cassandra' post='1608823' date='Dec 4 2008, 14.18']If we lynch you, and you come up innocent, then you know that WJ is next. That is too big of a risk for him to take, I think. He will be lynched on day 4 and the innocents can still win (I hope).[/quote]

Unless Piper survives. Then it's a tossup.

Archived