Mafia 59.5 - Murder In Trinity College

HT Reddy

Reading the garrulous tourist role, it seems they don't have to send a message if they don't want to.

Anyhow, lying about being GT would be silly as there isn't really too much to gain or lose from it.

I'm inclined to agree that it was Harlot - I just thought maybe the delay was from waiting for it to come in, as it isn't that useful, but the mods would still have to see if they wanted to send it in.

I think this is a dead avenus of thought though.

[quote name='mentat' post='1609327' date='Dec 4 2008, 14.09']I'm extremely innocent.

Anyway, I was a one time guard. I used up my power tonight on Weekepaug, so whoever is responsible for today's kill it wasn't him (or me, for that matter).[/quote]We need to talk about this a little bit more.
[quote name='mentat' post='1609409' date='Dec 4 2008, 15.13']I decided to guard Week based on the following vote count:

3 people were voting early for guilty Harlot, so I decided not to guard them. 3 people were voting for Lany: Harlot, Masonity and myself (which is pretty stupid coordination for three FM, by the way). 3 people were voting for me. Knowing how innocent and blameless I am I was about to guard one of them, but since the group included Slick and Piper I acknowledged maybe they were voting for me because I looked pretty guilty (Lany was an early Harlot target too, and one of his suspects from my note). So this left the dead Shadowbaby and Week, so I guarded Week.[/quote]Why don't we take a look at the next vote:[quote name='Trinity Head Porter' post='1608069' date='Dec 3 2008, 17.13']4 votes for Harlot (The Man Who, Tsoert, WhiskeyJack, Weekapaug)
3 votes for Mentat (Lany Cassandra, Slick Mongoose, Piper of Chaos)
2 votes for Lany Cassandra (Harlot, Mentat)
1 vote for Masonity (Shadowbaby)
1 vote for Piper of Chaos (Masonity)

1 players have not voted: House Mullendore.[/quote]I would not have been a very good partner if I did that. Or the fact that very early in the day I told WJ to focus on voting people off the lynch...which was SM (innocent), WJ (I viewed as innocent), and then Masonity and Harlot. There was absolutely no reason for me to do this as his partner, nor was there reason for you to guard me. Makes me want to throw you into jail ffs.

Just re-read Tsoert. Aside from his vote for Harlot, he barely ever mentions either Harlot or Masonity.

Then I re-read Masonity. He mentions Tsoert a few times. Suggests him as a suspect on day 3. But never votes for him. I'll pull up the quotes later, if I have time.

Then I looked at Harlot. The only time I could find him mentioning Tsoert was at the beginning of the game, during that whole 'your vote on AP was serious!' interaction. As has been pointed out already, that whole exchange was strange, and I think Harlot at the very least was faking contribution. Maybe both sides were faking?

The only point in his favor is his early vote for Harlot. Everything else leaves him as a suspect. And that vote could have been distancing.

[quote name='Whiskeyjack' post='1609484' date='Dec 4 2008, 23.16']The only point in his favor is his early vote for Harlot. Everything else leaves him as a suspect. And that vote could have been distancing.[/quote]

Would he not have then tried to pull the vote from Harlot at some point? I know that day looked like Piper vs Mentat at the beginning, so if he had seen the tide shift, would he not have tried to get it back to that Piper and Mentat quarrel? Or am I missing something?

I'm really annoyed at being guarded because that is such a wasted opportunity. Is it really worth making me a CI instead of VVVPI? Tsoert would have been the obvious choice IMO.

[quote name='The Man Who' post='1609489' date='Dec 4 2008, 15.20']Would he not have then tried to pull the vote from Harlot at some point? I know that day looked like Piper vs Mentat at the beginning, so if he had seen the tide shift, would he not have tried to get it back to that Piper and Mentat quarrel? Or am I missing something?[/quote]

I'll have to look back at the context of the vote. But if the point was to create distance between him and Harlot, then moving his vote to somebody else would have undermined their goal. If Harlot had been lynched [i]after[/i] Tsoert (theoretically) moved his vote, Tsoert may have looked suspicious.

Its a fine line that FM have to walk in a CF game. On the one hand, you want to distance from your partners, in case they are lynched or investigated. On the other hand, when things are close between 2 or 3 lynch options, its hard to not push for alternatives to your partner.

[quote name='Trinity Head Porter' post='1608221' date='Dec 3 2008, 18.56']7 votes for Harlot (The Man Who, Tsoert, WhiskeyJack, [color="#0000FF"]Weekapaug[/color], [color="#FF0000"]Masonity[/color], [color="#0000FF"]Lany Cassandra[/color], [color="#0000FF"]Piper of Chaos[/color])
2 votes for Lany Cassandra ([color="#FF0000"]Harlot[/color], Mentat)
2 votes for Mentat ([color="#0000FF"]Slick Mongoose[/color], [color="#0000FF"]Shadowbaby[/color])

1 players have not voted: House Mullendore.[/quote]Confirmed innocents in blue, confirmed guilties in red. Mentat, although looking a bit obvious here, makes the most sense by far. The only other people that seem like possibilities are Tsoert (doesn't feel that likely, but maybe) or Piper (if he is truly a lunatic).

I found a few things that bothered me about Tsoert during my reread of him. First, we go back to the joke vote/serious vote incident that WJ brought up before. Tsoert's interaction with Harlot is about as odd as Harlot's was with him. Notice that I am the one that 'bitches' (:P) at him that makes him angry. Harlot apologies and says he didn't think he was bitching at Tsoert, he just wanted him to talk (note the line I underlined, yes it is reading into it and should be something they say in FM forum but...looks odd don't it?). Alright, so Harlot apologizes despite the fact that it was clearly [i]my[/i] post quoted by Tsoert. Well to be even more odd, Tsoert then posts back to Harlot and says that "it sounded bitchy". Huh? Posts are posted in sequence below.

[quote name='Tsoert' post='1604989' date='Dec 1 2008, 15.02']Alas, real life occasionally gets in the way of random boardness. It's a shame but I think I cope well with that.[quote name='Tsoert' post='1605016' date='Dec 1 2008, 15.14']
[quote name='Harlot' post='1605008' date='Dec 1 2008, 15.12']
Hmmm.....trying to push that train are we? Care to offer an actual reason for that vote?[/quote]
....Not really. Leave the noob alone meanie.
[/quote]
Is it just me or does Mafia resemble Gen Chat rather too much............
Possums = eeeeevil [b]Awesome possum[/b]
[/quote]
[quote name='Tsoert' post='1605025' date='Dec 1 2008, 15.19'][quote name='Weekapaug' post='1605020' date='Dec 1 2008, 15.17']
As bad as most of us feel when we lynch a noob on the first day, that's not a card that should usually be cast on your own behalf. Requested leniency isn't going to get you far.[/quote]
Lynch me if you will but don't bitch at me for not giving a reason for my first vote, is what I meant with my noob statement.
[/quote]
[quote name='Harlot' post='1605034' date='Dec 1 2008, 15.24']I'm not bitching at you. I don't know you so I'm trying to get you talking. Your vote on Possum looks serious so I am trying to understand why you want him lynched. The only other player I am looking askance at currently is Lany so I wanted your opinion of her. Again, trying to get you talking. [u]Your relutance to share your reasons for adding to a vote train make you look suspicious. Even n00bs can be FM.[/u][/quote][quote name='Tsoert' post='1605044' date='Dec 1 2008, 15.30']Well it sounded bitchy *sulk* :P

A real reason? There isn't one really, though the fact that his name lacks capitals is quite suspicious, almost like he wants to stand out from the crowd......

I'm not talking as much as I would like yes, but there's not that much I can do about that unfortunately. I'll talk as much as possible[/quote]

Some more key posts:
[quote name='Tsoert' post='1607270' date='Dec 3 2008, 06.34']Quick post and run, clinic calls
Top 3 suspects
WJ - most of his posts regarding the 3 newer players seem to be mining for info a lot and trying to put us on the back foot, maybe so we reveal more than we wish too about ourselves
Harlot - the post and run, tenaciously clinging to silly things, and explaining little seems like avoidance tactics
3rd I'm not too sure about, Mentat I haven't noticed much suspicious, Lany I've already explained as I have with TMW, Piper - the reveal seems a little forced and I'm not sure if I should trust it, me - busy so quite, masonity same with mentat - need a reread when I have time.
Sorry I cant participate as much as I would like to, I'm trying my best :dunno:
[b]Harlot[/b][/quote]Note his vote might as well be cut and pasted from what WJ has said about Harlot...yet his other top suspect is WJ. This is the first time he even mentioned Harlot since their interaction earlier.

Jumping ahead to last night:[quote name='Tsoert' post='1608962' date='Dec 4 2008, 11.00']Well shit, accidents happen. Sorry :dunce:[/quote]Tsoert says he accidentally lynched mentat...there was plenty of time in between his vote and the previous vote, so I am having a hard to believing it was a mistake.
[quote name='Tsoert' post='1609021' date='Dec 4 2008, 11.28']I have no role[/quote]Nobody mentioned this. Did you just not do the riddle Tsoert or did you make a mistake doing it? I don't want to sound like a dick, but this just seems odd because he'd be the only one without a role.
[quote name='Tsoert' post='1609076' date='Dec 4 2008, 11.50']Or symp

Dunno[/quote]His response to which evils might be left. It might be inexperience or trying to provide cover and have us look for a symp?
[quote name='Tsoert' post='1609330' date='Dec 4 2008, 14.12']Well I didn't see that one coming....

.....Slick was murdered and was guilty? Innocent student then?[/quote]Don't really have anything more to say about this, I am just not sure the reaction is genuine.

Thoughts? Thoughts on Mentat's poor explanation for guarding me last night?

[quote name='Piper of Chaos' post='1609541' date='Dec 4 2008, 17.06']:stunned:

:tantrum:[/quote]Use your words. :)

What are you going to tell us that you've been suspicious of mentat all along? Yeah right. :P

[quote name='Piper of Chaos' post='1609553' date='Dec 4 2008, 17.15'][i]I want to know why I am not on the list of living players.[/i][/quote]
Oh...[i]oh[/i]. I didn't even notice. Well, there was no announcement of your death or CF given, so it is just a mistake.

For some reason Masonity had replaced Piper.
Here is the correct one:

It is day 4.

8 players remain: House Mullendore, Lany Cassandra, Mentat, Piper of Chaos, The Man Who, Tsoert, Weekapaug, WhiskeyJack.

5 votes are needed for a conviction or 4 to go to night.

1 vote for mentat (Lany Cassandra)

7 players have not voted: House Mullendore, Mentat, Piper of Chaos, The Man Who, Tsoert, Weekapaug, WhiskeyJack.

ETA: well, now it is.

[quote name='Trinity Head Porter' post='1609566' date='Dec 4 2008, 22.26']For some reason Masonity had replaced Piper.
Here is the correct one:

It is day 4.

8 players remain: House Mullendore, Lany Cassandra, Mentat, Piper of Chaos, The Man Who, Tsoert, Weekapaug, WhiskeyJack.

5 votes are needed for a conviction or 4 to go to night.

1 vote for mentat (Lany Cassandra)

7 players have not voted: House Mullendore, Mentat, Piper of Chaos, The Man Who, Tsoert, Weekapaug, WhiskeyJack.

ETA: well, now it is.[/quote]

Argh yes sorry I should make it clear that this was entirely HT Reddy's mistake. :blush:

Sorry about the confusion, I killed Piper on the vote counter without thinking (no comment about what this means that my subconscious mind thinks about Piper :))

I need to be off for about 2-3 hours. I'd like people to comment on what has been said about Tsoert as well as mentat.

Mentat's logic for his guard is just so poor, it does seem like the only way he could get out. The only other option I can think that he may have had was to block WJ and claim that Tsoert was lying. :/ He really had to kill the next CI in line after Shadowbaby, which makes me next tonight. :(

[quote name='Weekapaug' post='1609621' date='Dec 5 2008, 00.30']I need to be off for about 2-3 hours. I'd like people to comment on what has been said about Tsoert as well as mentat.

Mentat's logic for his guard is just so poor, it does seem like the only way he could get out. The only other option I can think that he may have had was to block WJ and claim that Tsoert was lying. :/ He really had to kill the next CI in line after Shadowbaby, which makes me next tonight. :([/quote]
I already know who the remaining killer is. :pirate:

[quote name='Piper of Chaos' post='1609649' date='Dec 4 2008, 17.54']I already know who the remaining killer is. :pirate:[/quote]

Piper, if you're innocent, I need you to tell me the truth right now. Are you lying about your role claim? Or is it your true role?

Archived